Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Open letter to Powderwhore

This is a weird one to type.

I'm sure you are stoked to hear this for the millionth time. I started catching your films some years back, and have always enjoyed them. You guys fit a cool spot in the larger range (glut?) of ski films out there, and are still pretty tried and true with your formula. Anyway, I caught Some Thing Else a couple nights back here in Golden, and definitely had a good time as always. But I missed your last two films (for no good reason), certainly since you changed formats to be "backcountry" ski films versus tele. And although Some Thing Else was fun, correct me if I'm wrong but there was only one tele segment & skier. Am I right? I know that A/T has been bleeding tele pretty badly the last few years, but still.

So, from a dude who has never tele'd, doesn't really understand it fully, and plans to never tele in my lifetime (knees will explode)...bring more tele back in your movies! I guess I didn't realize how much fun it was to watch you all rip with knee down. Certainly some of it is enjoyment watching something I can't (won't?) do. Anyway. Feels like Powderwhore is almalgamating somewhat. Keep the A/T and splitboard, but it would be cool to see you bring back some of the tele rippers you had for a more balanced movie.

Still, good film. We'll see you next year.

P.S. The Teton stoner segment took the cake. That was freaking unbelievably funny.

No one cares that you like Tele

Didn't you get the memo ? Telemark has been cancelled.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Didn't you get the memo ? Telemark has been cancelled.
    It's just a clever scheme by tree-hugging penniless telemarkers to lower the value of the gear to the point where they can barter for bindings and boots with homemade granola and burned live albums by dave matthews band

Telemarking is dead.

That said, I also enjoyed the Powderwhore movies more when more tele was involved.

Almost every ski movie now is a "backcountry" movie, really, since hardly anything is filmed in a resort except jib stuff. Only difference is some skinning and mountaineering shots.

I'll start telemarking again if Powderwhore wants to film me, though

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Telemarking is dead.

That said, I also enjoyed the Powderwhore movies more when more tele was involved.

Almost every ski movie now is a "backcountry" movie, really, since hardly anything is filmed in a resort except jib stuff. Only difference is some skinning and mountaineering shots.

I'll start telemarking again if Powderwhore wants to film me, though

Interesting about "backcountry" and films. Yeah, very true. So in that sense it's odd that Powderwhore choose to join the masses so to speak, and make it their battle cry/marketing slogan.

That being said, my favorite segment from this year's MSP film was the inbounds segment where Cody & crew tag up with the random local shredder. For some reason that was awesome. Maybe because it wasn't AK spines for the 1000th time. But had a good vibe, and the lines were ones anyone could find. They just stomped 'em!

Back to PW, the tele segment was pretty funny with the dude carrying the cross. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    No one cares that you like Tele
    LOL, knew this was coming

Hey Ryan.

Can we get an Open letter to completely different ski movie maker than TGR forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

if you really feel a need to see this type of tele skiing, you can join the others that show up weekends to watch me ski at Magic, in VT.

spook Guest
    has anybody ever actually written an open letter to tgr? is that what happened to all the rad bros who have vanished.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    if you really feel a need to see this type of tele skiing, you can join the others that show up weekends to watch me ski at Magic, in VT.
    Which is a sight to behold...
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Hey Ryan.

Can we get an Open letter to completely different ski movie maker than TGR forum?
    For the record one of the Howell brothers has a login here on TGR, not sure how often they check though...

Heheh, this is awesome.

I've seen it! MMP gettin' his shred on....

Quote Originally Posted by SILENCER View Post
    For the record one of the Howell brothers has a login here on TGR, not sure how often they check though...
    how could they not, i mean, c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    how could they not, i mean, c'mon
    No way, Nohow.

For the record
    Which sub forum is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    I've seen it! MMP gettin' his shred on....

Now people will think I'm serious. Any face plant shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Which is a sight to behold...
    Hey Binky you have that baby yet? If not we should ski before the day arrives.

Tele-Contribute to DWB-geek.

Open letter to john stagliano-no more buttman and aids infected weniers. THankey

Hey Binky you have that baby yet? If not we should ski before the day arrives.
    Not yet. We are in the any day now phase of the operation, which, as you know, means my lyphe is total hell.

I feel like a teenager who has been grounded.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

I luv me sum powderwhores.
    watch out for snakes

Now people will think I'm serious.
    Always,....droppin' teh' kneez so hard once he broke his shoulder. True story,.....Sick!!

Quotes from the movie:

The Teton stoner segment took the cake. That was freaking unbelievably funny.
    I like weeeeed.

[And yeah, that was a good segment, for a few different reasons]

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Telemarking is dead.
    Telemark will never die! Telemark!... will never die!

Tele only looks good to me when it is being ripped out looong and sideways on fat planks in deep powder at high speed by some of the best. That shit looks great.
    Life is not lift served.

You have a good point, Silencer - But, as others were kind of hinting at, tele's dead! Seriously, all the tele skiers I know have switched to alpine & AT. I can hardly think of a tele skier anymore! But, maybe if they were given a bit more exposure, it might make a resurgence?
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein