Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Good looks baby bear

Quote Originally Posted by HVskier View Post
    any reports on the ski down to the old pass rd lot? Skied Avalanche yesterday and it looked like there were several tracks continuing down but I wasn't sure of conditions. That is a heinous skinner back up.
    it goes, (or it did 3-4 days ago) keep your speed in check and watch for the stream crossings. You can ride or ski about 80% of the way, short hike up to old pass road and then downhill back back to the car.

Yeah. Lots and lots people out there today. Good skiing too.

Not to play dad here but a couple friendly reminders/fyis for the people new to the pass.

Try not to ski the road cuts.
    If you must hitch, hitchhike from the snowbank not the road.
    Park closely and get ready behind, not next to, your car.
    Keep your dog's leashed in the lot.
    Remember your safe travel practices. They'll save your ass.
    Have fun!
    Last edited by _Aaron_; 11-23-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

apologies go out to anyone that saw my melt today when someone tried to take the spot I was waiting for... whoops

Chiming in to this important thread.

Does anyone have an extra beater softboot split setup they might be willing to loan me for December 12 and 13? Board, skins, poles, I'll have all the rest. Generally ride 158 to 163 cm, regular stance ... 161 is my happy zone. I'd repay in cash, beer, wine, calculus lessons, etc. I'm not too much of a dirtbag to rent gear, but setting up times to hit shops can often be harder than hooking up with maggots ...

Oceanmang has a split setup but not enough pucks and bindings, and I have very little room in my travel bag for any of that stuff. If you have pucks/screws/bindings that could work too!

If it's touchy/sketchy I'll probably stay inbounds and I've got hookups for a solid board.

Who's coming to Avy Awareness night on Dec. 11?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I probably have pucks and voile plates somewhere. Not the best or lightest but better than nothing.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Big time long shot but I lost a pair of black smith sunglasses with chromapop lenses on the pass yesterday I believe somewhere around the bottom of Christmas tree bowl. It would be a miracle to get them back but maybe in the spring they'll show up. Great day of skiing otherwise.

So if ya plan on coming out to JH early season your stoked. Its nuking outside and has been for the better part of the day.

Holy heavy snow, bat-people!
    good 'base builder', I guess....
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

And in bad news, parking at ranch lot is now gonna set ya back 10 bucks!

They need a rockin' mexican food truck at the Stilson lot....

Taco talk anyone? Went down to Slc this summer to see Wutang, that Red Iguana is the best thing about that town! In the meantime Ive been a Sanchez guy as of late.

Sooo much snow!!

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    And in bad news, parking at ranch lot is now gonna set ya back 10 bucks!
    wow, same as Targhee!

[during the summer music fests...]
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Taco talk anyone? Went down to Slc this summer to see Wutang, that Red Iguana is the best thing about that town! In the meantime Ive been a Sanchez guy as of late.
    Had some el pastor tacos at Los Trompos in Merida, Yucatan last week. First time ever it's been full slices. Usually it's sliced but then chopped, this showed all the grain/layers/etc of each slice. Tasty as fuck too.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

The Red Iguana is pretty legit. I currently have no stoke to offer, other than that the weather is making all the hassle of home buying in Teton County seem even more worth it- keep it coming, we close between Chistmas and New Years, finally getting out of the desert!

Quote Originally Posted by wyosam View Post
    The Red Iguana is pretty legit. I currently have no stoke to offer, other than that the weather is making all the hassle of home buying in Teton County seem even more worth it- keep it coming, we close between Chistmas and New Years, finally getting out of the desert!
    Home owning in Teton county?? A modern miracle! Congrats man. Not an easy feat around here it seems.

Is it just me or climate change or is is raining right now? Miserable driving tonight and worse shoveling weh weh weh. And naturally having bike issues the night before heading down to the desert. I must be one miserable spoiled brat...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    They need a rockin' mexican food truck at the Stilson lot....
    If you start one, I'll be first in line. We are way overdue for overeating somewhere.

Decided to try mole at the red iguana and it ruined my experience. I'll never stray from the taco staples again.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    If you start one, I'll be first in line. We are way overdue for overeating somewhere.
    I kinda like the joint in Chinatown Plaza (El Mocalteca?)
    Pretty basic, but good grub...

no snow in tahoe again, big surprise. Guess it's time for a road trip to the good ol Tetons! Can't wait to get back there. Any suggestions for overnight van parking?

Rain in town last night. Webcam on the pass looks super heavy and wet. Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Rain in town last night. Webcam on the pass looks super heavy and wet. Lame.
    Curious if DOT knocked off anything big on glory with the wind slabs and heavy warm snow. Made for a hell of a drive at three this morning trying to get out of town
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Rain, rain, go away.