Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2014/2015 Cottonwood canyons official thread

This thread is for inbounds and side country at Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, and Solitude. I'm sure someone will make one for out of bounds and the backside of the Satch.

The only opening days I've heard about are this Friday the 21st for Soli and Saturday the 22nd for the Bird.

Drove up to the Bird yesterday to pick up my pass, and coverage is spotty to say the least. But a friend convinced me to go hike to the boneyard in snake creek tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. Anyone else skiing yet?
    Last edited by WSMFskiing; 11-15-2014 at 02:06 AM.

JONG starting Utah thread?

Times have changed.
    #HughConwayMatters

I wasn't going to say anything, but at least the thread is here now...
    She's just another 3/4"standard sheet of ac plywood...smooth, tall, wide, and an extra 24 cents per sq. foot

I've been wondering when this thread would be here, but I didn't dare start it. I hope I'm wrong but Solitude's website is projecting the 21st as opening day. Brighton is having a rail jam Saturday, so I'll go up for that and then get my pass.

Been skiing a couple times at gaurdsman and snake. Hopefully it gets really snowy and there will be much more to ski than rails with hardly any snow.

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but Solitude's website is projecting the 21st as opening day.
    Solitude has officially moved their opening day from the 14th to the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by WSMFskiing View Post
    Drove up to the Bird yesterday to pick up my pass, and coverage is spotty to say the least.
    spotty or non-existent? know a snowmaker at the bird and he just said the only places to possibly make some turns are where the man-made is. patience ... its coming.

There's snow, but it's no skiable. Maybe an inch on the ground.

And to people complaining I made the thread, it needed to be done. But yes I saw that they moved their opening day back today. Bummed.

I know it's more appropriate for newschoolers, but Brighton has a rail jam on Saturday. They also have their offices open so you can pick up your pass(their hours to pick up season passes are impossible for anyone with a job).

May as well ask: what pass, if any, did you get?

I got the SolBright thingy. One of those fuckers better open up soon.

Winter has been cancelled in Utah. Move along, there is nothing to see here.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    May as well ask: what pass, if any, did you get?

I got the SolBright thingy. One of those fuckers better open up soon.
    Also got solbright. Soli should open next friday

And to people complaining I made the thread, it needed to be done. But yes I saw that they moved their opening day back today. Bummed.

survey says.................

X

We don't need or want this thread, you fucking JONG. Shut up and ski.

Only guy I've seen ski this year has two first names. That said I will be attending the Higher Premiere tomorrow at the place somewhere in the valley. Convinced the gf with tales of sushi groove and a sake buzz. Glademaster - we should meet up for food/sake before the show. It'll be me, gf and maybe another few ppl depending

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    We don't need or want this thread, you fucking JONG. Shut up and ski.
    Oh I'm sorry, are you upset? You can go bitch in the corner with Rog.

just dropping in

"your" backyard

i stitch^^^^^^you bitch.

k by

cottonwood canyons ? you mean those flat or uber crowded resorts with short vertical everyone goes to to think they are cool ?

You forgot to post the rules JONG, not wonder this thread has gone to shit already.

Anyone gonna be at the bird Thursday afternoon for the early opening? I'll be there, yellow pants, blue flylow jacket, grey smith helmet. Say hi!

just picked up my One Wasatch pass today. the guns were blowing and there's plenty of snow for the weekend openings. with the 8 feet of snow predicted for this oncoming storm we're gonna start with a bang this season!

My One Wasatch pass is Snowbird Chairs and Solitude Everyday ....Now where to go opening day? (Work prevents me from going up for the pass holders and employees kick off party Thursday)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by skihost View Post
    grass skiings prob better on them cute little snowlerblades
    git ya sum

crest opened late 2day
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Rolled solo today, used the singles line all day. Pretty funny to get on with some dudes who start talking about wanting to meet skifishbum, heh.

It's pouring at my house right now, tomorrow should be good. Itll be interesting seeing how every pass holding powder hound fits on Bassackwards to Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Rolled solo today, used the singles line all day. Pretty funny to get on with some dudes who start talking about wanting to meet skifishbum, heh
    Just Dude; my buddy doesn't lurk TGR. SFB = Great Stoke for years.

Tomorrow will be a Sh!tShow with more Colorado lift-lines.... Another Sardine-Can Groomer Day
    "He's out. And you're out, too. And I dont think I'm in, either. No gang!" -Dignan, Bottle Rocket

UDOT will close Little Cottonwood Canyon Road between Gates B for avalanche control work on November 24, 2014 at 6:00 am until 8:30 am. The areas between Lisa Falls and Grizzly Gulch will be closed to all backcountry users beginning 11/24 at 12:01 am until 8:30 am.
    Last edited by Brad Davis; 11-23-2014 at 06:51 PM.