Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Aside from all the we had no idea it was going to snow silliness it was a good day. Busy, but good.

Awesome day at Soli today. Avoided the mad dash in LCC and meadow skipped all day. Was definitely a good day, even though only Apex and Moonbeam were open. Solitude says 3 more lifts(which I assume will be Eagle, Powderhorn, and Sunrise) will be open by Wednesday, probably earrly.

The Cirque Traverse, sponsored by Crown Plastics.

Peruvian goodness.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^ nice sorrry we missed ya got them compers again this weekend
    sillysunday w/ ice was fun
    tree 7 hundy looks doable aside from them uncovered rocks on the lower apron road cut

icemancowbellsonkusalas
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

gad 2 opening manana? heard some rumblings...

Gad 2 tomorrow and Mineral next Friday.

Soli was skiing well on Sunday...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1418879075.840410.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	982.4 KB 
ID:	161571

Forecast is looking good for the next few days. Let's just hope the snow levels stay below 8k feet.

I saw a snowboarder at the top of Collins lift yesterday. Be careful, they are animals.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I saw a snowboarder at the top of Collins lift yesterday. Be careful, they are animals.
    Dear god, the crusty old fucks at halta must have been terrified.

pouring rain at 8550 ft in upper little cottonwood, i hate pineapples

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    pouring rain at 8550 ft in upper little cottonwood, i hate pineapples
    Really? Wow knew snow levels would be high but hoped for gad valley would have rain and Alta base to be very wet sierra cement. Bummer.

Weird....it's snow in PC at 6,500 right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Weird....it's snow in PC at 6,500 right now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TGR Forums
    Also snow at 7000 ft. at the top of Parley's. If it's rain at 8500 in LCC, somebody must've displeased Ullr.

Was he having a conversation with a patroller, explaining to him that he has an Alta pass and didn't ride the lift?

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Was he having a conversation with a patroller, explaining to him that he has an Alta pass and didn't ride the lift?
    Must be a Snowboarder with butt hurt I guess. When we left Alta at 4:30 it had quit snowing but it was 28 degrees. Driving by SB they were making snow close to the bottom so whoever is selling its raining at 8500' we ain't buying.

Sorry tBatt, that reply was not meant for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    He was talking to a patroller, Dave maybe?, I didn't hear what they were saying. He didn't have a splitboard so I figured he came from Snowbird and wasn't caught at the gate. I don't think you have to have an Alta pass btw, you can ride a snowboard there anytime just not use the lifts. So that argument probably didn't matter.

Anyways, I was the one that skied by (very gracefully) and said to the patroller to get that riff raff out of here! The nerve!

He was talking to a patroller, Dave maybe?, I didn't hear what they were saying. He didn't have a splitboard so I figured he came from Snowbird and wasn't caught at the gate. I don't think you have to have an Alta pass btw, you can ride a snowboard there anytime just not use the lifts. So that argument probably didn't matter.

Anyways, I was the one that skied by (very gracefully) and said to the patroller to get that riff raff out of here! The nerve!
    Heh. He's a sous chef at the GMD.

SO butthurt, that he quit snowboarding and took up snowblading instead.

I'm sure said snowlerblader would be pleased to hear that people on TGR are talking about him and where he works.

now if only this rain could turn to snow!!

Bump to eliminate spam

Prob taking off mid-morning to stay with a friend. $95 is more than I remember paying at Snowbird last time I was there, but whatever... May get stupid and get an AltaBird ticket (Friday??) to ski under tram as well as Keyhole... Planning to ski tomorrow and Fri before taking off back to San Diego and fly out for brother wedding...

JTrue et al: holler at me if you guys are out and about. 303 seven four eight 4337.

I really haven't been following Snowbird terrain progress. Are there really only 37 trails open? Or is some stuff just not open yet/on hold due to avy hazard from this most recent storm? 110" for the year by Christmas isn't super encouraging, so maybe not buuuut possibly rope-drop-city today/tomorrow/Fri??

Shoulda checked a bit better beyond just seeing that tram is open, cuz 10 hr drive and mucho coin for lift tix is only borderline justifiable for skiing Regulator Johnson 15 times... I wonder if Mineral is anywhere close to ready? Seems from an earlier post in this thread like it may already have been opened??

Prob see you guys anyway, but a little reassurance might make the drive a bit more soothing... SantaGoose is comin'!
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Mineral opened Friday for the season. Cirque is open to mid-cirque. More terrain could open very soon. Most stuff was closed due to avie hazard, yes.

Season Pass holders can give you a slight pass discount, unfortunately I'm not in town to help. There used to be discounts at Smiths, too, not sure if they still have it.

Whole Foods had tickets for like $72 last year, not sure if there were any restrictions regarding holidays. There's one on Fort Union and Highland in Cottonwood Heights.