Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ski partners in SLC

New to the area and don't really know any skiers. Have avy knowledge and gear. I work every other week so weekdays and weekends on my week off are both good. Also have a pass to the 'bird and am happy to trade a beer or two for some beta.

I'm new to the area as well, but pass to Brighton/Soli. I'm no use in terms of beta (I've only done one tour here so far and it was pretty mellow/low angle) but I'd buddy up on a trip and/or beers anytime.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Welcome jongs
    For 420 a day I will carry yours beer, scotch and assorted safety supplies in addition to supplying beta and brokuesque banter
    anything involving dead hookers will come with a surcharge and additional compensation.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Welcome jongs
    For 420 a day I will carry yours beer, scotch and assorted safety supplies in addition to supplying beta and brokuesque banter
    anything involving dead hookers will come with a surcharge and additional compensation.
    I'll take you up on that. I feel like there's a lot of local knowledge, 420 related knowledge as well (fucking red states man), that I can learn from you... I got my BC gear stacked up and ready, just waiting on this thurs-fri-sat-sun storming...

I'll hop in here, since I'm also new to the area... been coming out for a few years and have toured some of the popular spots in LCC/BCC but looking to explore more and don't know many local BC folks. Also have a pass to the bird since my wife is teaching ski school there

I hiked up Alta last Monday for some very thin turns (didn't move here to sit around...), but hoping we get some more white stuff this week so we can can get out this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by bushbiker View Post
    I'll hop in here, since I'm also new to the area... been coming out for a few years and have toured some of the popular spots in LCC/BCC but looking to explore more and don't know many local BC folks. Also have a pass to the bird since my wife is teaching ski school there

I hiked up Alta last Monday for some very thin turns (didn't move here to sit around...), but hoping we get some more white stuff this week so we can can get out this weekend
    Alta always seems to have it. I'd go on Sunday (or before, if anything's in)

tell your wife to tell mizz brklyn we miss her and she should stop by every now and then to disperse her wisdom
    aint feelin it yet and regretting tuning the rock skis at the end of last season
    as i know if i bust em out they'll feel it
    it being lack of coverage
    if i find the luvs and can ditch work this weekend and head up i'll pm ya
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I am working all this weekend till monday but if anyone wants to get out next week depending how the next few days shape up let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I am working all this weekend till monday but if anyone wants to get out next week depending how the next few days shape up let me know!
    I'm getting dragged out of town for the in-laws Xgiving, leaving the 20th and won't be back til Dec 1, and haven't been on my skis yet... very keen to get some turns this Nov. I'm game next week if the snow is there.

Anyone know about Brighton? They're having some "preseason" park thingy on Sat, but possibly opening...soonish?

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    I'm getting dragged out of town for the in-laws Xgiving, leaving the 20th and won't be back til Dec 1, and haven't been on my skis yet... very keen to get some turns this Nov. I'm game next week if the snow is there.

Anyone know about Brighton? They're having some "preseason" park thingy on Sat, but possibly opening...soonish?
    Cool I'll shoot you a pm towards the end of the weekend.

Ill get in on this thread too. Moved out here in June. Got the big cottonwood pass, and starting to tour this year as well (likely taking avy 1 in dec.). Im always down to meet up and ski and have beers afterwards too.

Ill be up at brighton tomorrow. Should be fun.

So Brighton opens tomorrow (Tues, Nov 18) and I will be up there, if any of you want to hang out and shred the white ribbon of death. I will be in yellow pants, a black BD jacket, riding white G3 Manhattans with touring bindings, gotta try out the new gear right? Also I have long hair. Or you can just PM me for details. Probably aiming to get there around 9:45, 10:00am, no huge rush as I'm sure it'll be kinda shitty. But idk, I've never actually been to Brighton.

So if you see a confused dude with fabio-esque flowing blond locks trying to click into his tech binders backwards asking everyone where the bar is, that would be me.

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    Ill get in on this thread too. Moved out here in June. Got the big cottonwood pass, and starting to tour this year as well (likely taking avy 1 in dec.). Im always down to meet up and ski and have beers afterwards too.

Ill be up at brighton tomorrow. Should be fun.
    SkiATL is my old roommate. We grew up together. We have skiied together for years . He is a very nice young man who rips. He can be trusted
    Last edited by SirHeady; 12-04-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Who wants to get out for a stroll in the mountains?

Just got back into town, I've got about a decade of BC skiing experience, including a few seasons in the wasatch. I've never died in an avy and don't plan to. I'm down for anything from a quick after work evening skin up altas summer road or something a lot gnarlier like s face of sup or other assorted goals once we grow to trust each other. I'm typically in good enough shape I can keep up with most people without trying too hard but have been lazy recently and wouldn't mind a jaunt with a more relaxed pace if your off season training has included more 12oz and 1g curls than other forms of training. To be honest, although I approve wholeheartedly of colorados current political climate, it has wreaked havoc on my lungs, such is life....
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I'm game for a mellower tour, especially a dawn patrol situation. I've skied and hiked my fair share, although mostly in the east, so I'm very conservative with the avy forecast since I don't have a lot of experience judging the snowpack. Basically "low" days for me.

Also, any of you climb at Momentum in Mill Creek? I'm there most every weekday evening bouldering but would be down to do climb with some folks. I'm not great, V3 to V4, or 5.11b ish.

I'll be at Solitude on Saturday (probably Brighton on Friday and then whatever sounds best on Sunday), my fiancé is signed up for the ladies day thing or whatever... Hopefully we'll get some snow.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Who wants to get out for a stroll in the mountains?

Just got back into town, I've got about a decade of BC skiing experience, including a few seasons in the wasatch. I've never died in an avy and don't plan to. I'm down for anything from a quick after work evening skin up altas summer road or something a lot gnarlier like s face of sup or other assorted goals once we grow to trust each other. I'm typically in good enough shape I can keep up with most people without trying too hard but have been lazy recently and wouldn't mind a jaunt with a more relaxed pace if your off season training has included more 12oz and 1g curls than other forms of training. To be honest, although I approve wholeheartedly of colorados current political climate, it has wreaked havoc on my lungs, such is life....
    I'm working this week but if we get anything out of this next storm rolling through I'm down for a tour next week when I have free time.

mbillie1, Leroy, and anyone else - i'm lookin to get those dawn patrols goin. usually I try to be back at the car at about 8am, even earlier when it gets more towards spring and it's light out earlier. also lookin' to get out this weekend as usual.

sorry nuttin worth me climbin in the cold dark dawn to ski right now
    got the sillycomppasses to noon patrol out hwy2heav if free vert and starting at 10k is more your style

yea I don't blame you, SFB. even when it's been crappy snow and a crappy skin during a dawn patrol, I've always enjoyed it. Always a great way to start the day; gets the blood flowin!

so is banging your old lady in a warm bed
    to each his .......

Quote Originally Posted by ryan14410 View Post
    mbillie1, Leroy, and anyone else - i'm lookin to get those dawn patrols goin. usually I try to be back at the car at about 8am, even earlier when it gets more towards spring and it's light out earlier. also lookin' to get out this weekend as usual.
    I'd be willing to do some pre-work tours. Work down in the valley, and have a pretty ski-friendly job. Lack of snow hasn't had me super motivated to get out, and this splitter isn't really helping things. I might be up to get out next week or something if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    sorry nuttin worth me climbin in the cold dark dawn to ski right now
    got the sillycomppasses to noon patrol out hwy2heav if free vert and starting at 10k is more your style
    I'd love to check out highway to heaven, never been out there before...

Quote Originally Posted by squasatch View Post
    I'd be willing to do some pre-work tours. Work down in the valley, and have a pretty ski-friendly job. Lack of snow hasn't had me super motivated to get out, and this splitter isn't really helping things. I might be up to get out next week or something if you're interested.
    Same here. I'm def itching to get out for some pre-work tours. Dont care about waking up early, but job isn't nearly as ski friendly...gotta get back by 9

ryan14410, sasquatch, skiATL, leroy jenkins:

anyone up for a dawn patrol tour this week? as in maybe tomorrow, thursday dec 17?

it seems that Fri/Sat/Sun I'm mostly inbounds with the lady, at least until the pack gets deeper... but I could drag my warm cozy ass out of bed if anyone else wants to pick an objective

also looking to tour possibly next monday/tuesday morning... I'm flying east for the holidays and it seems I will miss the big storm AGAIN

PM'd.