Niseko in March?

Anyone know what the conditions are like in early March? Went in mid-Feb 2 years ago and it dumped for 6 of the 7 days I was there.

You stoopid? Go in Jan.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Snowfall stats for the Niseko Resort Area for the first 2 weeks of March 2007 - 2014, measured at approx 300m asl

2007 - 130 cm (10 snow events)
    2008 - 29 cm (3 snow events)
    2009 - 59 cm (10 snow events)
    2010 - 107 cm (9 snow events)
    2011 - 147 cm (10 snow events)
    2012 - 16 cm (4 snow events)
    2013 - 160 cm (12 snow events)
    2014 - 134 cm (11 snow events)

Full coverage
    Powder
    Sunshine
    Views
    No crowds
    Cheaper prices
    Great touring

I love March on Hokkaido.

End of Feb, early March be a sweet time to go then by the sounds of it?

We love March for all of Mike Pow's reasons, it really is the best time to do it all, resorts, tour and get longer days of daylight.
    This video was from 2011 March 3-11th. There are some areas that hit their peak at this time. If it doesn't snow, you explore.

This one was from just three days (at three resorts) on the road (with a bit of filler).

Sick, sort of like Australian snow, its normally best at the end of the season right near spring.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    And this is what 'over the hill' skiing at Kiroro looks like in March

http://youtube.com/v/ew5K0sflLqg

I haven't been skiing in Japan, but my friend guides in Niseko and elsewhere all winter long and comes back in April for mountaineering season here in Colorado. She loves helping people - especially anything relating to Japan - and would be happy to answer some questions for you. You can find her at japanpowderconnection.com. She could probably give you other suggestions of where to go in March also..... She really is super helpful so you should hit her up!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

I will hit her up, planning a big trip to Niseko next season. Want to do some heli skiing over there too. Is that her personal site, or does she have a name I can contact?

It's her personal site and the only people who have access are her, or me- 'cuz I set it up for her. Wish I could go with, but I have some projects to work on here in Colorado. Maybe in a couple more seasons, when my CO project is done!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Full Stoke George View Post
    Sick, sort of like Australian snow, its normally best at the end of the season right near spring.
    No man. They get a metric ton of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    No man. They get a metric ton of snow.
    HAHA! No i mean that when their season is at it peak

There is no way you could ever compare amounts, i think one of their seasons would be 20 years worth of snow here. This year we had a HUGE season and it was still only 140cm's deep.