Shazam...android music determining app...your thoughts?

I just found this android app today and am testing it out with my radio...it has a 100% success rate so far!!

AAmazing piece of coding, really....to be able to determine what song is playing amidst all sorts of background noise and talking, etc.

I don't know HOW many times I've listened to some song playing at some resturaunt or shop and wanted to know what the hell it was!!
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Flashback to 2008

Quote Originally Posted by patxi View Post
    Flashback to 2008

8-track tapes, anyone??
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:

How fucking old and behind the times are you?
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I believe I asked people's thoughts about the PRODUCT itself, whether they use it and enjoy it, etc...NOT whether it came out a few years ago. Are you thick or just a twit?

Whether it came out in 2008 or whenever doesn't abrogate the fact that it is STILL a pretty cool bit of software.

Posted by DJSapp:

If you have an android powered device, it's built in (not sure how recent your version needs to be). Just do a voice command of "what song is this?" and it will tell you.

^^Yeah, I think Google started doing it. Shazam works quite well, congrats on finding it....finally.
    I like that it was a widget you can tap so it's basically a 1 touch identify. It's fast and it's pretty amazingly accurate. Maybe it's just coincidence, but it seems to know that the song I'm hearing is on Sons of Anarchy, or whatever movie I'm watching. A little creepy. Not as creepy as Facebook face recognition, but weird in a cool way.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Ever heard of this skier named Mark Abma? I hear he's pretty good.

Ask Siri. You'll get the song and links to video and iTunes Store.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Ever heard of this skier named Mark Abma? I hear he's pretty good.
    He looks a little like Kurt Cobain...had kurt been an ace skier dude.

Did you know that dead people can't use smartphones? No electrical impedence for the touchscreen. Amazing, huh?

Posted by DJSapp:

shazam is alright. in my experience it is easily fooled by jazz and it doesn't know any bird songs