Orange County CA Riding?

Trying to meet up fellow mag this weekend who lives in San Diego and want to find a half-ish way spot to ride and was wondering what anyone knows in the South OC area. Seeing lots of around Laguna and SJC but not familiar with any.

Looking for decent single track where we won't be running in circles after 20 minutes. Gracias.

san jaun trail in the Santa Anna
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/AZ08SoMo-Day2.htm

Google top of the world in Laguna Beach. I have not rode it but have seen some you tube videos and it looks pretty good. Also check out holy Jim canyon ride. You will need a drop off for that one.
    Going where the water taste like wine

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY01 View Post
    Google top of the world in Laguna Beach. I have not rode it but have seen some you tube videos and it looks pretty good. Also check out holy Jim canyon ride. You will need a drop off for that one.
    Top of the World is a good access point. It'll let you drop in from the top to the Aliso/Woods Canyon park. Good set of trails. Rocket and Telonics would be top of the list. Holy Jim is a waste. Don't bother.

Whiting Ranch has a good set of trails especially if you ride east across Santiago Canyon and hook up with the Luge. I'll leave you to find that one on your own.

I just rode the Luge on Tuesday night. We did a quick loop from Cooks Corner. Fun stuff. Would have been even more fun if I wasn't on a beat down "27.5" Firebird with a 700lumen bar mount light. That was a little sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    I just rode the Luge on Tuesday night. We did a quick loop from Cooks Corner. Fun stuff. Would have been even more fun if I wasn't on a beat down "27.5" Firebird with a 700lumen bar mount light. That was a little sporty.
    haven't been there in years. i used to work just down the street from whiting ranch and there was a group of us that would ride a few nights a week. it was maybe 10 years ago so steel hardtails and the original niteriders. good times.

cooks is always a scene but the beer is cold and the burgers are decent.