Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    How many acres of blues could they get in the Teo drainage?

This seems smarter and more viable than Snodgrass, at least short term. Can they wrap all the way around there with houses?

Not much room for houses, but plenty of room for blues. Thats the current plan they're working with. A lift up the teo drainage would make the mountain seem way bigger, and offer even more dope views that most visitors don't get to see. And it would give us easy access to 4th and 5th bowls, should they want to open those .

Couldn't agree more. Can't wait to make it down there this winter... fingers crossed for snow

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingArizona View Post
    You haven't been there? It is easily the best in-bounds skiing of any resort in Colorado. The lift system set up isn't ideal but the terrain is nuts.

Whatever.

This looks fantastic! I need to get there.

Did you say EXTREME?

I'm there.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

and so it begins..

CB is fantastic terrain. I'd go more if I wasn't in Silverton and Telluride's backyard.

They also do a super legit early pass deals. CB deserves more attention than it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    CB is amazing. I haven't been to Telluride since they added those Gold Hill Chutes and Palmyra Peak, but I'd think those would give CB a run for best inbounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    is it better than telluride?
    I visited Telluride for the first time in awhile last season, spending most of my time in the Palmyra and Gold Hill hike-to area; I'd say CB still has more challenging technical terrain, as well as a wider range of steep options. There's a reason Extreme Comps have traditionally been held at the 'Butte. I used to go there a lot, for Free ski weeks with Wasted State buddies and for tele comps. Teo2 looks tasty, have only checked it out from afar. Maybe due for another visit this season.

I personally am stoked about the expansion, and I believe that is true for most everyone - unless you were poaching it already. The unfortunate thing is that the geography of CB is such that expansion is basically impossible - we are a mountain much like a volcano and surrounded by private land. Teo 2 is one of our only expansion possibilities. Snodgrass was a hot topic a couple of years back, but that was a real estate gig and would not have been great skiing.

I did do an interview recently though with longtime-local, son of CBMR's founder, Andy Eflin, who thinks we should throw up a lift from town to Red Lady and have access gates there...... I don't know if CBMR would ever do something like that, but I could see Elevens doing it. Yes, some of our backcountry might be lost in this case, but I'd rather have it lost to skiing than to a molybdenum mine - and a mining company currently owns that land with the intent to mine it eventually. It's an interesting thought, to say the least.
    Last edited by mtnbikerskierchick; 11-11-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    I did do an interview recently though with longtime-local, son of CBMR's founder, Andy Eflin, who thinks we should throw up a lift from town to Red Lady and have access gates there...... I don't know if CBMR would ever do something like that, but I could see Elevens doing it. Yes, some of our backcountry might be lost in this case, but I'd rather have it lost to skiing than to a molybdenum mine - and a mining company currently owns that land with the intent to mine it eventually. It's an interesting thought, to say the least.
    That was a good interview article BTW. Pretty lucky guy to grow up there.

^^^ Thanks shred! Glad you enjoyed it Yeah, I am so jealous of anyone who grew up here in CB!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Yup, nice interview! Brought back some memories, that kicker on the old lift line was a big deal back then, and one of the things i'll always remember about CB.

Don't know about all the way to Peel for a little shack, but the view is great up there. Gondola sounds like a flop, but for sure miss the old covered Silver Queen.

Have heard or read about a town lift before, probably from your hubby, but guess I was thinking Axtel.

CB will always be a careful what you wish for place. Would nice if the mountain could turn a profit, hopefully it will get there without becoming a crowded mess.

Glad you liked the article, Cap! True for sure that we have to monitor our growth. But, believe me, plenty is in place for that already! It's good to have a balance of growth.....
    -
    14erskiers.com