Teton Dam bouldering TR

I wrote this for spreadstoke but thought you guys might dig it here too:

http://spreadstoke.com/climb/climbing-teton-dam-idaho

How is the white stuff coming on the pass?

Nice write up but no article about that canyon is complete without a warning about the rattlesnakes. They are relatively docile great basin rattlers but there are a whole lot of them in some areas and with all that brush and tall grass, it's just so, so easy to walk right up on top of them before they give a warning buzz. The landslide zones on south and west facing slopes have the most rattlers but you'll find them spread all around, from right on the river's edge to all the way up into the farm fields on the rim. People with children and dogs should be very cautious in there. I stepped to within a few feet of a rattler four or five times this past fishing season, that's pretty much an average year.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 11-09-2014 at 09:19 AM.

That's interesting. I've only spent 4 weekends there usually on the shoulder seasons, but I've actually never seen a rattler. Always thought it was nice how they didn't seem to be there compared to our local options in Utah... but good to know!

Also, neckdeep, you should write that in the comments on Spreadstoke for the sake of people who are going to let their kids run loose on my accord