PSA: Pretty Faces Available for Download

For those who wanted to check out the flick but didn't make it to a premiere, the film is on Vimeo on Demand. FYI those who backed the film on Kickstarter at $15.00 or above should have received a free download code. (check your spam/promotions folders)

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/prettyfaces

This was a fun project. We learned a lot and look forward to whatever the future may bring...
    Last edited by JeffreyJim; 11-05-2014 at 05:33 PM.

I think it kicks ass, and I can't wait to watch it with my daughter this weekend. FKNA, ladies (and others) - you did some very good work IMHO. It was worth every penny.

a-yup.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Just finished watching. Such a great combo of rippin' lines and pure joy. No doubt this will inspire bazillions of young girls to get after it, and as one said (quoting Sara Burke) "dream without fear".

Really.Nicely.Done

Thanks boys!

Downloaded it this weekend. My girls are 7 and 3 , and are heading to The Canyons for their first ski experience 3 rd week of December. They were so fascinated by the movie. I see us watching this over and over. Excellent job.

Is this gonna be on iTunes? I can't watch vimeo on my tv, but I can hook my iPod up to it...

Saw this the other day, loved it! Really fun movie. Definitely worth the $15.
    All those chicks rip!

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Is this gonna be on iTunes? I can't watch vimeo on my tv, but I can hook my iPod up to it...
    It will - maybe.

Thing is we lose our shirt getting a film on iTunes as a small time company. There are a number of ways to watch Vimeo on your TV - and you can always download the project in full to your computer and go that route.

J

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    It will - maybe.

Thing is we lose our shirt getting a film on iTunes as a small time company. There are a number of ways to watch Vimeo on your TV - and you can always download the project in full to your computer and go that route.

J
    I'm curious - is it just that Apple wants to take a huge percentage of each download or is there more to it than that?

So glad it is available for download! Can't wait to see it! I'm gonna miss the showing here in CB this weekend because we will be out of town for the holiday. Good to know there's some other easy options

t-the-east: If you have a computer you can likely hook it up to the TV using an HDMI cable. Just make sure both your TV and your computer have an HDMI hook up. The HDMI cables are pretty cheap. We live on this set up. We hardly watch regular TV at all anymore....
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

My 5 year old just kept saying wow. Then "girls are good skiers!" Awesome. Many thanks!

Killing it with the 3-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    It will - maybe.

J
    I'm all ears on the number of ways to watch it on my tv. I have a Neo tv box where I can watch netflix, cinema now, hulu, you tube, etc. but no vimeo. I have the iPod cord. I can't think of a way to watch it other than my laptop, which sucks to watch movies on....
    It's mostly for my wife, although id love to watch it as well. She said she's burnt out on the "bro'd out ski movies"

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick View Post
    So glad it is available for download! Can't wait to see it! I'm gonna miss the showing here in CB this weekend because we will be out of town for the holiday. Good to know there's some other easy options

t-the-east: If you have a computer you can likely hook it up to the TV using an HDMI cable. Just make sure both your TV and your computer have an HDMI hook up. The HDMI cables are pretty cheap. We live on this set up. We hardly watch regular TV at all anymore....
    Sorry, just read this one... another damn cable to buy!

Very glad I spent the $15 on this months ago because it seems like I get it for free now! I forsee this being in heavy rotation this winter.

Laptop + HDMI + VLC player = Happy. We dont watch DVD's or TV anymore, everything is digital on our laptop. So much easier, heaps less clutter. Once you start watching shit like this you will never look back.

So I have an open question for JJ or others: for original Kickstarter backers, how do you download it from Vimeo with the unique backer code? I got an email with a specific unicornpicnic link, but it just sends me to the main Pretty Faces Vimeo page, where the only option is to re-purchase the download.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    So I have an open question for JJ or others: for original Kickstarter backers, how do you download it from Vimeo with the unique backer code? I got an email with a specific unicornpicnic link, but it just sends me to the main Pretty Faces Vimeo page, where the only option is to re-purchase the download.
    I got an email a week ago saying that was the last week to download. But if it's still a live code just click 'purchase' then apply the code in the next payment screen, it will credit so it's a zero balance. If the code's done pm JJ he may have superpowers-
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Hm, don't think I got that last email, but I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks.

Hm, don't think I got that last email, but I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks.
    Hit me up Tri-Ungulate - Jeff AT Earlyups DOT com. I'll get you sorted out.

No prob JJ, got it sorted out following Tye's advice. Plus I have the DVD arriving if I somehow lose the download. I wish I'd been on the ball enough to see it when it was at the Tower in SLC, but it sold out before I got my act together, but at least I'll be able to see it.

Thanks again.

No prob JJ, got it sorted out following Tye's advice. Plus I have the DVD arriving if I somehow lose the download. I wish I'd been on the ball enough to see it when it was at the Tower in SLC, but it sold out before I got my act together, but at least I'll be able to see it.

Thanks again.
    Good to hear.