Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    So is every video this year going to use the same First Aid Kit song?
    Yep. It's this year's Radical Face "Welcome Home"

They must have misplaced their Awolnation .mp3 file

Despite this (newly) annoying song I thoroughly enjoyed the skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    They must have misplaced their Awolnation .mp3 file

Despite this (newly) annoying song I thoroughly enjoyed the skiing.
    Oh man, i loved that song (sail). Till Redbull decided to make it 'theirs' now its in everything.

Pity, i like the First Aid Kit song, heard it in Sweetgrass Afterglow, now this. Im worried lol. Funny thing, when they released the song i heard it and though "this would sound good in a ski segment." Nek Minnut... lol

Love Sage's segment though. Its really easy to relate when the Pro's are skiing in bounds, like the 90 percentile of our skiing is. Sure AK is beautiful but sometimes its hard to relate to hey.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Stoke George View Post

Love Sage's segment though. Its really easy to relate when the Pro's are skiing in bounds, like the 90 percentile of our skiing is. Sure AK is beautiful but sometimes its hard to relate to hey.
    huh? 90% did you pull that figure out the anus?
    are you ever bringin stoke cause full shit george is growing old.
    i'm scared of wildcat and the agro ski stompers who rule that lift
    killer skiin to a meh soundtrack
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    "All the terrain right under the lift".

Sounds like the argument for "too many traverses for snowboarders" is a crock of smelly assholes.
    You should talk to someone about this seething resentment. Then get them fired.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Sounds like the argument for "too many traverses for snowboarders" is a crock of smelly assholes.
    yeah...no traverses on wildcat just ride right down, nothing else to see there.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

That terrain under that lift and out towards Peruvian has such great character with choice pockets and breaks and little features. Classic stuff and like Canada1 said, there's other areas like it at Bridger, Taos, Solitude and Silverton... just really fun terrain.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

what if the lift traverses the fall line of the mountain

Quote Originally Posted by smuggs View Post
    what if the lift traverses the fall line of the mountain
    Mind=Blown
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

brah if ya could refrain from postholin the stoke threads with ramblins about the inequalities of the selfish and tyranies of evil men shizz this season it'd be sweet
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

This is a really good short video. I really liked the music, unusual but it really worked.

Ok totally unrelated question, maybe I should shut up about stashes and all but...what about dropping into the other side? Snowbird's map just chops off what looks like amazing lines dropping in from the east down to the Peruvian chair...is that open? Is it hit? Dumb of me to ask since I'll likely never be good enough to monoski it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by whippersnapper View Post
    This is a really good short video. I really liked the music, unusual but it really worked.

Ok totally unrelated question, maybe I should shut up about stashes and all but...what about dropping into the other side? Snowbird's map just chops off what looks like amazing lines dropping in from the east down to the Peruvian chair...is that open? Is it hit? Dumb of me to ask since I'll likely never be good enough to monoski it. Thanks.
    yes you can ski into Snowbird from the top of Wildcat , also from the Keyhole.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    When I was there last they had it roped off and closed. Is that typical? It was a day after about a foot of snow and there was definitely some stability issues, so I assumed that was the reason but wasn't sure if it was ever open or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    When I was there last they had it roped off and closed. Is that typical? It was a day after about a foot of snow and there was definitely some stability issues, so I assumed that was the reason but wasn't sure if it was ever open or not.
    Nope, never open. Move along

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Nope, never open. Move along
    I knew it. The further out (north) you go on that ridge between Altabird and Birdalta, the steeper it gets until a black hole opens up, some 800' vert slot that must have a good name. I always wanted to ski the big fat west side of the N ridge off Baldy (I think I'll be ready this season), not that anything's wrong with the Alta side...a gazillion little chutes IIRC.

Can you buy a joint lift ticket for both resorts for the same price as one?

Quote Originally Posted by EasySteezy View Post
    Can you buy a joint lift ticket for both resorts for the same price as one?
    No, At least not at this time, there is a premium for both resorts. That area in and around the 'ho sucks balls, long walk back to Alta, best to stay away.
    carpe diem vita brevis

Quote Originally Posted by yabyum View Post
    No, At least not at this time, there is a premium for both resorts. That area in and around the 'ho sucks balls, long walk back to Alta, best to stay away.
    Not worth it. Stick to riding Sugarloaf, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by EasySteezy View Post
    Can you buy a joint lift ticket?
    Not yet. Colorado has that one locked up.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    brah if ya could refrain from postholin the stoke threads with ramblins about the inequalities of the selfish and tyranies of evil men shizz this season it'd be sweet
    Thanks, but until said inequalities are resolved, I shall be a thorn in Alta's douchbag.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel