Thread: Sealing Edges?

Sealing Edges?

Question. So on my new praxis sticks, the top sheets overhung the sidewall edge just a tad, more so on my brother's BCs than my GPOs and Powderboards. Basically I took a dremel with a stone drum and made it completely flush/tangent with the abs sidewall. Finished with a 400 grit diamond. Very smooth now, figure it will help prevent topsheet chipping because there won't be any thin material there for the other skis edge to catch/dig in to.

Now, the question is, any need to do any "sealing" or protection of that edge now? Was thinking maybe with some CA glue or something like that, just a light little brush on layer on for extra durability and waterproofing. Don't know if it's even necessary though, all I dremeled was the topsheet itself and the super thin black layer directly under the topsheet, know there were some fibers when I dremeled- assuming that's epoxy and fiberglass. Does that need to be sealed now that I dremeled it? Or unnecessary?

Thanks for thoughts. Disclaimer this is a pretty OCD topic but it is almost November and there is no snow on the ground... mine as well do something

My thinking would be that if you can't see core, you shouldn't need to do any sealing....I'm curious to see what other (smarter than me) people say about this though.

btw: a few photos never hurt in a thread like this.

Couple pics- can see fiberglass vaguely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1414727259111.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	159689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1414727298752.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	159690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1414727384968.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	159691  

Patience

The fiberglass should be filled with epoxy during the layup, so I wouldn't bother sealing it. If it makes you feel better go for it.

No need to seal the ski.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Thanks iggy (and others haha)

You may want to make sure you finish at an angle (bevel?) to prevent more chipping. I can't really tell if you did in those pictures. Maybe someone would also like to enrotate them.
    I believe standard practice is to take some 200+ grit and rub up and down that corner where the sidewall and topsheet meet. I've done it on my stuff, it works.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Basically that's what I did with the diamond stone. Sorry for crappy pics. They are rounded and follow the curvature of the sidewall too