Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hawks beat Warriors. Now the best team in the nba. Crazy stuff!
    Umm... troll much? Yes, they beat the Warriors at home. It was a close game, the Warriors weren't making shots, and they had insane shooting from even their non shooters. They're both great teams - kind of a lame assessment based on one game, played in Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Umm... troll much? Yes, they beat the Warriors at home. It was a close game, the Warriors weren't making shots, and they had insane shooting from even their non shooters. They're both great teams - kind of a lame assessment based on one game, played in Atlanta.
    Yup. And it took one post to catch me a fish! But, they did beat the best of the West, and their .824 winning percentage is the best in basketball so my statement that they're the best team in the NBA is defensible.

Exciting to see the Hawks do well. Now if my Cavs can keep up their winning ways too, that would be sweet.
    I still call it The Jake.

Good to see Bmills representing the dozens of Atlantans who followed the Hawks before this season.

That Atlanta / Warriors game was interesting to watch. Very similar teams. Would definitely make for a fun 7 game series in the finals if it happened. Unlikely though - whenever teams finally get their shit together and become legit contenders, they almost never make it the first season - it always seems to be the year after, following a loss in the conference finals. I'm referring to both teams, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Good to see Bmills representing the dozens of Atlantans who followed the Hawks before this season.
    You're telling me. I used to be able to walk down to Phillips Arena and get upper level tickets for $25 night of the game. Now they want $125 for the same ticket. Bullshit man!

TahoeJ, you are probably right about 'making it' this year, I'm reminded of the first couple years of the Cavs with LeeeBron and how they got a little bit farther each time.

Yeah, Warriors games have always been popular, even when they sucked . But I used to be able to get decent seats in the lower sections for $60-80, even last season. Those same seats are going for twice as much this season. Whenever they get their new area in South Beach (SF), I'm sure prices will double again if they're still decent.

All in all, it's been a great basketball season so far. It seems like there are at least 8 teams with a legitimate chance to win it all.

spook Guest
    it's hard to believe lebron could willingly make himself look more out of touch and petty egomaniacal than his lameass I'm taking my shit to sfla but he apparently can't stay off twitter

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...ames-fit-tweet

I saw that and LeeeBron said it had nothing to do w Love.

If I'm ever an agent I'll make my clients delete their twatters accounts immediately. Nothing good ever comes from them.

Fwiw Love said he wouldn't opt out recently.

Been away from the boards for awhile - so this seems appropriate :

Fuck yeah Sixers, double digit wins baby (and then some)

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I saw that and LeeeBron said it had nothing to do w Love.

If I'm ever an agent I'll make my clients delete their twatters accounts immediately. Nothing good ever comes from them.

Fwiw Love said he wouldn't opt out recently.
    what I read is that he first denied it and then said it was about love

Dubs 42-9 going into All-Star Game and jump back ahead of ATL for best record. Two Dubs in starting lineup for ASG since 1967 (Rick Barry and Nate Thurmond). Good season so far - have to enjoy the journey because it's been so rare for Dubs' fans...

Played 10 hrs. straight of ball today at hoopdome. I was WET today. Nothing like being a white (ex) rep player, everyone underestimates you and then you make it rain. I dropped 10 straight threes on some black guy and he just left. I'm all bruised up now tho.
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

I would school your shit DD

4ply = DD?

Well shit, this on top of the OBF news?

Ah fuck it.

#HughConwayMatters

I had no idea we needed a Jazz version of the National Anthem. Turns out we still don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I had no idea we needed a Jazz version of the National Anthem. Turns out we still don't.
    It'll be on a Starbucks CD tomorrow...

Go Splash Brothers!

Honestly the NBA All-Star game is the only one of these competitions I actually like. Best players in the world get to basically play street ball.

Oh, and did any of you catch Zach LaVine's display of physics-defying smooveness last night? That kid can fucking fly. Sure it's 20 years later but I think he's more impressive (in this very specific thing) than Jordan was.

Oh, and did any of you catch Zach LaVine's display of physics-defying smooveness last night? That kid can fucking fly. Sure it's 20 years later but I think he's more impressive (in this very specific thing) than Jordan was.
    Yah, LaVine was doing some serious shit and made it look easy. Oladipo's 540 was impressive, too.

Wow - Arianna Grande has a much flatter ass than I thought she would. Disclaimer: I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a lineup of 2 hispanic girls.

Wow - Arianna Grande has a much flatter ass than I thought she would. Disclaimer: I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a lineup of 2 hispanic girls.
    she's a tiny little thing... she looked like a little kid walking around on the field.

... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

So, if you were going to pick a single current athlete and clone his body for any sport--basketball, football, soccer, baseball, tennis, skiing, etc.--it has to be Russell Westbrook, right? He's at least in the top 5.

I like Steve Kerr. I'm grateful for Mark Jackson and what he did for the Warriors, but Kerr is so much more likable. Watch the exchange with Duncan toward the end.

(from Deadspin.com)

Whose bright idea was it to schedule the all-star game the same night as SNL 40? Idiots.

The NBA All-Star Game faced stiff competition for eyeballs on Sunday night, as the "Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special" drew huge television viewership numbers.

The special, which brought back some of the biggest names in the show's history, garnered a 14.2 household rating on NBC versus a 5.5 rating for the All-Star Game on TNT and TBS, according to the 56 markets monitored by Nielsen.

The rating for the SNL show translated into 23.1 million viewers from 8-11:30 p.m. ET. The program was shown on tape delay for the West Coast, which might have turned into a positive for the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    So, if you were going to pick a single current athlete and clone his body for any sport--basketball, football, soccer, baseball, tennis, skiing, etc.--it has to be Russell Westbrook, right? He's at least in the top 5.
    I'd take Lebron over Westbrook, especially given Westbrook's injury history. John Wall is a pretty nutty athlete too...when him and Westbrook play it's great. I think I'd actually rather have Wall. Point is Westbrook in the NFL is just an injured guy (I know, he played some QB right?). No way his knees would hold up in Tennis. Unibrow is an crazy athlete too...
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

So much going on in the NBA right now. It's fantastic.

(1) Vibes to Chris Bosh. People shat on him a lot early on in Miami (unfairly in retrospect), but I don't think anyone disputes that he's a good dude. Anyhow, I can relate to Bosh because last year, despite being in my 30's and in very good shape, I had a pulmonary embolism and it was fucking scary. One day you're smoking buddies up the hill on your mountain bike, the next you feel kind of fatigued, and then the next day you're in a fucking hospital with a condition that has a substantial fatality percentage. (RIP, Jerome Kersey.) Anyhow, it's something one can overcome (see Serena Williams) but it puts things in perspective pretty damn quickly. Heal up, Chris.

(2) The trade deadline. Shit yeah, that was fun for a fan. In the last month or so, I think Memphis, OKC, and Cleveland all got better. Miami also would have been very interesting in the playoffs with Dragic had they not immediately lost Bosh.

(3) Poor Derrick Rose. Shit.

(4) Z Bo and Boogie Cousins almost squared off last night, which would probably be the NBA's best heavyweight match up.

(5) I'm really looking forward to the playoffs. The West is so open, I think it's going to be great from the get go. The East probably won't be as interesting in the first round, but should be pretty good by the second round.

(6) Anybody see Kobe on Bill Simmons's NBA Show? I never really liked Kobe, but there's little doubt that he's a pretty astute dude.