wanted - knee extension brace/device

Hi

I'm facing a lot of problems with arthrofibrosis that are restricting my ability to extend my knee. I've run out of insurance so I'm interested in private sale of a device that may help eg: Dynasplint, ortho innovations mackie brace, elite seat etc.

Please let me know if you have anything to sell that can help..I'm pulling my hair out!

I'm in toronto, Canada and am willing to pay reasonable price plus shipping

Thanks

The braces are usually for lack of flexion. Lots of homemade ways to work extension. Heel propped on coffee table with a weight resting on the thigh is one way. There are lots of others.

wanted - knee extension brace/device

Quote Originally Posted by jma233 View Post
    The braces are usually for lack of flexion. Lots of homemade ways to work extension. Heel propped on coffee table with a weight resting on the thigh is one way. There are lots of others.
    This has not been my experience at all jma. Aminoo is talking about a dynamic splint rehab device (DME) intended primarily for post surgical application. Extension devices of this sort are much more common than flexion. I'm sure there are lots of folks with these sitting in their closets, just a matter of finding one...
    Last edited by bourbonisgood; 10-30-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Another thought - have you had MRI or other confirmation of arthrofibrosis? Do you have a cyclops lesion? In the case of a cyclops lesion, a dynasplint may not be the answer.