Any of you nerds tried a tactical vest for skiing?

Hi, Any of you nerds tried a tactical vest for skiing? Not the Dakine or North Face ski ones, but a cheap military surplus kind.
    You no doubt looked dorky, but could carry lots of stuff.

I think this deserves a demo and full TR with comments on the various models and features. I ski with a vest so I would like to know. Be sure to get some footage from random people who comment. Make sure you pole whack and yell things like "I'm so much more core than you"
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epr8xFCbDMk

It was done in Hot Dog ^^ somewhere in there
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Last time I was skinning up somewhere, I defiantly thought the experience would have been enhanced with an additional 60 lbs of body armor, bullets and bombs....

Think about it? What would you put in the vest? Beacon? Bad idea. Radio? Ok, but that can fit in just about any pocket these days, since I doubt you need to carry something loaded with Crypt.
    Water? Better in a backpack. Camera stuff? This I can see, but there are specially made camera rigs.
    I could see ski patrollers setting up a system so they can carry their bombs and firing systems on their chest/hips and reserve the pack for medical stuff.

Carrying shit on a plate carrier or chest rig sucks. It's also a great way to take away that breathable aspect of your $500 fancy jacket. The only reason you carry shit there, is because you need fast access to it (mags, grenades, trauma, comms) that would take to long or be impracticl to work out of a pack, and so you have te ability to fight on if you have to ditch your pack for some reason.

But sure, go for it. TR and pics please. A micro chest rog is the most I would do.

Any of you nerds tried a tactical vest for skiing?

Yeah, vests for gear don't work too well. Too hot most of the time. You need air circulation, even a little, under the jacket to help regulate body heat (spread air in hot zones to cool zones). I notice even a difference from pack straps, and definitely pack backs. Its like having pack back padding covering your entire body - sweaty mess.

Hmm. Had been considering a vest as I hate having the pack throw off my center of balance and it makes doing any kinds of spins or tricks pretty awkward, but I guess not worth the sweet factor? Maybe decent for skiing ob at JHMR, but not so for touring. All the OG guides at SASS swore by them, though, although they were also able to hike with goggles hat and facemask on without sweating, while I'd fog my goggles up with face swear within ten steps of eqlking
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Hmm. Had been considering a vest as I hate having the pack throw off my center of balance and it makes doing any kinds of spins or tricks pretty awkward, but I guess not worth the sweet factor? Maybe decent for skiing ob at JHMR, but not so for touring. All the OG guides at SASS swore by them, though, although they were also able to hike with goggles hat and facemask on without sweating, while I'd fog my goggles up with face swear within ten steps of eqlking
    you just need to work out more...or just add more sit-ups for spin tricks. keep the pack
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel