Recommend me some warm (wool liner?) gloves

So, I've got bony hands/fingers that always seem to get cold. I've tried both of Black Diamond's 2 "warmest" glove, the Guide glove and lobster, and still get numb fingers on cold days. I'm starting to think the problem is that my hands sweat when I'm active, which gets trapped in the synthetic fleece/GoreTex shell then chills when I'm not moving. I've tried using a separate pair of lighter weight gloves (OR Vert shells or BD Spys) for skinning up, then switching to the lobsters for down, which helps somewhat but still doesn't always work. I've tried both down and upsizing, to see if I've got either too much or too little air space, and it didn't seem to help. My toes seem to get get cold in anything but Intuition liners as well, so I probably have poor circulation to my digits.

I'm thinking of trying something with wool liners instead of synthetic, maybe one of the various Hestra models. I'd also slightly prefer an under-cuff version to reduce bulk in my pack. Any recommendations? There's like a half dozen different Hestra wool models.

Check this thread out:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/a.../t-279338.html

Oh, and Hestras are dexterous as fuck.

Rbh designs? http://www.rbhdesigns.com/category/169/handwear.htm

Not wool but would solve your problem.

I don't find wool any warmer than poly IME all it does different is not stink, take lots of different combos of mitts or gloves and a thermos of hot tea will help, so does shaking your hands to get blood out there to the hands but IME if you got cold hands ... you got cold hands

But for lift riding in cold weather I will wear a disposable vinal gloves just like food prep people wear (box of 100 for7$) under a thin polypro glove and then cover with a heavy mitt or glove, this makes for a vapor barrier just like is used for insulating a house my hands stay warmer, when I take my gloves off at end of day they are bone dry BUT when ever I tried it in the BC the gloves ripped
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I don't find wool any warmer than poly IME all it does different is not stink, take lots of different combos of mitts or gloves and a thermos of hot tea will help, so does shaking your hands to get blood out there to the hands but IME if you got cold hands ... you got cold hands

But for lift riding in cold weather I will wear a disposable vinal gloves just like food prep people wear (box of 100 for7$) under a thin polypro glove and then cover with a heavy mitt or glove, this makes for a vapor barrier just like is used for insulating a house my hands stay warmer, when I take my gloves off at end of day they are bone dry BUT when ever I tried it in the BC the gloves ripped
    Thanks. Fair point about the cold hands... although, if they're going to be cold, they may as well be "dextrous as fuck", so I may try a pair of the Hestra Army Wools.

Interesting idea with the vapor barrier... I have a box of gloves like that I use for working on my bike and chopping habeneros, jalepenos, etc. Might try that.

I use a pair of these inside my Black Diamond Legend gloves. Makes a big difference. It also makes your glove last longer, stink less etc. If you are not using a separate liner, you should.

https://hestragloves.com/sport/en-us...-liner-active/

It will only cost you 15cents to try vapor barrier gloves but warning you will get a funny look/comment from the waitress in the bar apres ski so have a witty medical exam ready to go

You'll not only get funny looks (FWIW I use blue nitrile gloves), but you'll also finding yourself having the same conversation over and over.

But your hands will finally be warm so who gives a fuck.

What brands of nitrile gloves do you guys use? Looking at a couple on amazon seems like some brands tear easier than others and sizing is off.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

I have piss poor circulation from repeated frostbite/nip and use OR mitten shells with fleece flip mits underneath when really cold out. If it's really really cold I wear thin wool liner gloves underneath. The vapor barrier idea is great, when it is ridiculously cold, but gives you a bad case of stinky prune fist.

Won't do mitts? Watch how tight your layers are around your wrists and pits. Circulation really goes well with insulation.

All said, I mostly wear OR shell gloves with thick surplus wool liners and make sure my jacket cuffs aren't too tight.

yeah taped MEC gortex shells (same as OR)with polartec 300 mitts & polypro liner gloves which are my warmest setup for riding lifts and ... undextarious as fuck

I just get a box of 100 vinal gloves from the wholesale food warehouse @ 7cents each ... they last a few days & toss em

Aside from vapor barrier, OR gloves have provided the best warmth to bulk and price ratio.

Harbor freight has cheap disposable gloves. I use them for car repair work sometimes. The heavy duty ones don't tear very easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    You'll not only get funny looks (FWIW I use blue nitrile gloves), but you'll also finding yourself having the same conversation over and over.

But your hands will finally be warm so who gives a fuck.
    x one million on using blue nitrile gloves. People laugh, but so what, my hands are warm.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Anyone have any recommendations for what they like with a pair of kincos? Wore them most of last season but some days while on the lift they were just a little too cold when it was blowing snow. Usually tend to run pretty warm, wear a size large kinco, and was looking for some kind of wool liner.

we don't get kincos up here but they seem to enjoy huge popularity down there, to me they look like just any old slightly insulated work glove and any old work glove I've tried has not been warm enough sitting on a lift IME and no cuff means snow gets in on the down