DT Swiss End Caps Question

So ended up with a mostly new bike, a Knolly Endorphin, have been finishing the build on it and the last thing I needed to do was add swap some wheels onto it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0840.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	852.6 KB 
ID:	159555

As fate would have it, and I knew this going in the hub spacing was different between my new bike and my old one. My old bike was a 10x135 in the rear and a 20x110 up front. The new bike is a 12x142 in the rear and the Pike is a 15x100 up front. Not a problem the hubs are from a set of DT Swiss EX 1750, pretty much the 240 hub, that are easily convertible to the different standards. So I fire up the DT Swiss webpage check which end caps I need and order them, the EX 1750 and 240 hubs both pointed me to the same parts. Start swapping the end caps last night and the rear is no problem, mounts up perfectly pull end caps off, press new ones on, and mount up the wheel. The front I pull the 20mm end caps and compare them to new 15mm caps and notice an issue. The old ones were press fit where the new ones have threads The external and internal diameter are them same but the threads obviously make it so the new 15mm end caps can't be pressed onto the hub. Any one have thoughts? I have a call into DT Swiss to try and figure out correct parts and models and which ones I need but the knowledge in this forum always amazes me so I thought I post up here too. I did find an end cap DT Swiss says is to go from a QR to a 15mm that appears to be a press fit, but it isn't listed as a compatible accessory with the EX1750. Maybe since its an older EX1750 they are a bit different, I know there a few slight variations but I seem to have run into a wall. Is there an axle or something that I can swap in that has threads?

Pic of 20mm on top 15mm on bottom

Name:	IMAG0860.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	159559

20mm non-threaded

Name:	IMAG0861.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	583.1 KB 
ID:	159558

15mm threaded

Name:	IMAG0862.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	387.0 KB 
ID:	159557

Hub

Name:	IMAG0863.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	532.9 KB 
ID:	159556

Any thoughts or insight into this is much appreciated. I was almost tempted to take a wheel grinder and grind out the threads and see if that would do the trick but figured there is probably a correct way to handle the issue rather than to start grinding on these little 40 dollar pieces.

Thanks for any help

Just as a follow up, as they deserve it. Talked with DT Swiss service center in Grand Junction told them what was going on. Person was extremely helpful and tracked down the part needed, which they had in stock, and is dropping it in the mail for me today. Said it was rare but happens on a few version of the wheels where a few components are swapped out, and wanted to take care of me. Not only are you paying for quality but also excellent customer service when you buy DT Swiss, mad props to these guys for taking care of their customers!
    Last edited by CDubz; 10-28-2014 at 10:53 AM.

When I started reading your first post I was just going to tell you to get a hold of the DT guys. So far they've sent me a missing end cap, spokes, nipples and some stickers all for free. Each time I was asking them how I could buy the things I needed and they just asked for my shipping address instead so they could drop them in the mail.

Cool I am gonna call them and ask how I can buy some more FR600 rims from them... Seriously though kudos to DT for taking care of their customers.

I have also had really good experience with DT. I had a thru axle that I broke the plastic lever off of. I called to see if I could buy just the lever portion and they just mailed me whole new axle free of charge.