Old Sally Questions

Here's the main question I'd like to ask: Would you ski these Salomon 957Equipe bindings from 1990-91? First off, they are in primo A+ shape. They never got much use and they've sat all these years with the tension off the springs. I'm thinking of putting them on a pair of dedicated mogul skis (old 2002 Salomon XSream 7s that on have a couple of days on'em). I should add that I'm flat broke. Any of you that are trying to live and raise a family in a ski town can probably relate (unless you're fortunate to have a good job).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102614_8371.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1,022.1 KB 
ID:	159467  

I would, the mechanism really hasn't changed at all until the STH2, and even then it's pretty similar.

Inspect for rust, UV damage, etc. But yes, I would ski them. In fact, I still do on a regular basis.

Sweet! Hey, what are you using for brakes on those fatties? I though Salomon only offered wide brakes 997 forward? Also, if my memory serves, the black, white, pink 957 were late 80ish and the black, yellow, orange ones early 90s. Do you remember if this is correct or did they offer both colors simultaneously? I'm not sure what year they stopped making the red and white 747s...I remember them mid-80s. I wonder if they are the same hole pattern?

Old Sally Questions

I ski some 957 Equipes too. Solid clamps. Just bend your brakes or swap out the arms for wider ones. And search JONG, there's an incredibly comprehensive thread on everything Sally binding related.

Edit: land beat me to it

Thanks!!!

Metal 957s that have been treated well are still eminently trustworthy.

YER GONNA DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by DaffyJeffy View Post
    Sweet! Hey, what are you using for brakes on those fatties? I though Salomon only offered wide brakes 997 forward? Also, if my memory serves, the black, white, pink 957 were late 80ish and the black, yellow, orange ones early 90s. Do you remember if this is correct or did they offer both colors simultaneously? I'm not sure what year they stopped making the red and white 747s...I remember them mid-80s. I wonder if they are the same hole pattern?
    For brakes, I swapped in the 115mm brake arms from a modern Salomon binding. It's easy to do.

I have no idea about the colors/years/era etc for the 957 bindings. I got mine for a song in gear swap. I LOVE the low stack height, and solid metal housing. CLICK means go!

You don't need to bend em..swap em.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Bending is cheaper than swapping. 957 bonus round....stretchy pant rear entry cougars in the lodge.

They look pretty good in the pic! But be careful of the plastic. Even if kept in dry dark conditions, some plastics can become brittle over time, especially if left for 20+ years. If the white has gone a yellowed colour, or the black a grey colour i would not use them as thats a sign they have deteriorated. Just means they wont be a strong and may be prone to cracking easier. If you dont ski hard i wouldn't worry too much though. Also you dont have much money, i would ski on Popsicle sticks glued together if i had to