Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Yikes.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    looking forward to grom's lessons at Summit West tomorrow.... we are discussing the values of 'perseverance'... which may come in handy skiing refrozen mud/snow mix in pouring rain.

Quote Originally Posted by NWSkier View Post
    ^^ is that paradise to muir? How was it? Worth the trip or should I go mt biking again instead? The weather tomorrow doesn't look great, chance of rain.
    A little firm. The upper snowfield delivered a free foot massage. Nothing really softened up except for the Chutes, which were fortunately quite good. Nice day for some exercise and skiing to the car with no dirt/rocks/shrubs involved. Tomorrow looks like an awful day to be up there though.

Low tide is low:

Snow holding on north-facing slopes, but it isn't much fun to ride. South slopes had just begun to soften when the high clouds rolled in and shut down any hope of spring-like conditions. All eyes on tomorrow's big Katy Perry show and sporting event, please! There's absolutely nothing to see in the forecast right now

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post

Lots of traffic on i5 north today
    I see me. Lots o mags and tayers up today. Counted 11 people in the main chute at one point.
    Last edited by Patarero; 01-31-2015 at 11:23 PM.

^Ha ha. If that happened, the internet would explode.

Seattle area folks:
    does anyone have a recommended sports medicine dr? I tweaked my knee the other day and its not getting better. Im hoping to avoid going under the knife...again, but need to get this looked at before winter returns. Seattle would be preferred, but I'll go wherever I can find the Obi Wan Kenobi of knees.
    thanks

GO HAWKS
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    I see me. Lots o mags and tayers up today. Counted 11 people in the main chute at one point.
    Interesting how no one crossed the Nisqually to ski the Turtle or Van Trump, which would have skied good I think. Course, I'm as guilty of the lack of ambition as anyone else; and being solo had no one to conspire with.

Nevertheless, had a great day. The chute skied awesome and I still found "fresh" lines. A very social day.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    Seattle area folks:
    does anyone have a recommended sports medicine dr? I tweaked my knee the other day and its not getting better. Im hoping to avoid going under the knife...again, but need to get this looked at before winter returns. Seattle would be preferred, but I'll go wherever I can find the Obi Wan Kenobi of knees.
    thanks

GO HAWKS
    Sports medicine clinic. Go see Mark Wagner, he's a phenomenal doctor. Has taken care of me many of times, and avoided surgery before. He's a skier himself, he gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by alpineadventure View Post
    Sports medicine clinic. Go see Mark Wagner, he's a phenomenal doctor. Has taken care of me many of times, and avoided surgery before. He's a skier himself, he gets it.
    Dr Michael Thorpe in Bellingham is good, he worked on both of my knees and made me happy.
    Here is part of his bio:

Dr. Thorpe specializes in out-patient surgery and sports medicine, having been the Team Orthopaedic Surgeon for Western Washington University since he arrived in 1988. Because he was a three-sport Division I college athlete, he understands the unique issues of the injured athlete. Knee, shoulder and hip problems dominate his practice, but he also performs routine foot and hand surgery, and emphasizes non-operative care of all problems, if applicable. He received the Patient's Choice Award in 2011 and Washington State's Best Doctors Award in 2010 and 2013.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

thanks alpine, just got an apt with Dr Wagner for this afternoon.
    Fiddler: bham is a bit of a trek for me.

At least I picked a good season to hurt myself...
    Live

Stevens cams are showing snow at the base! Much better than at 8 when the trees were bare and there was water on the lens.

Fun day at Mission on the limited terrain. New snow and snowing most of the day with wind and only about 20 people skiing after about 1100 meant free refills and some shallow pow. It was dense enough to keep you off the crust for the most part. Warmed a bit around 1330 but no rain.

Too bad it won't really help the base with the next series of pineapple expresses. Oh well, there's always March.

a W>E move if skiing non piste is a priority could set you up for a good la rogering
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

^how was it up there? Was the afternoon precip white?!?

I remember we topped out at 420 -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

So it looks like only high elevation will benefit from this storm cycle, meaning that Crystal is probably looking the best. I need to put in notice to the boss that I will be out sick one day next week. Can anyone give me some insight on how easily/quickly crystal tends to open the funner(its a word I promise) terrain ie. powder bowl, southback, chair 6 etc?

Monday looks like my best bet, but IDK what patrol will be able to open, and if they don't open anything until really late Monday, Tuesday might be the day to go. I need to make the decision this afternoon. This might be my one and only pow day the way things are looking this year haha

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Monday looks like my best bet, but IDK what patrol will be able to open, and if they don't open anything until really late Monday, Tuesday might be the day to go. I need to make the decision this afternoon. This might be my one and only pow day the way things are looking this year haha
    How quickly they open will depend on how long it takes them to kayak out to complete control work.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/wxt...n=7&interval=6
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

That forecast is dejecting.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Big ol dick of tropical moisture. Jaunty angle, too.

Fuck this pineapple priapism.

Shames?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Not yet.

But it's getting very difficult to resist....