Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Onward View Post
    I agree with the metal laminate, camber and sidecut recommendations. My blizzard titan nines do pretty well in these conditions. 86mm underfoot, 20m radius.

Those Titan 9s are dope. Were a bit too stiff for me as a tele ski but agree they hammer as an all mt ski in almost anything. Sold mine to a buddy to set up alpine and he still crushes on them here in the ec.
    Uno mas

Nice death cookies!!

These are exactly the sort of skis I suspect would work best, but even then, the consensus seems to be that it's still going to be "Type 2" fun at best.

type 2 fun

1. An activity that is fun only after you have stopped doing it.

"ouch i hurt everywhere that was some type 2 fun"

type 3 fun

not fun at all, not even in retrospect. As in, “What the hell was I thinking? If I ever even consider doing that again, somebody slap some sense into me.”

That was type 3 fun!

I can say from experience that DPS Wailer 112RPCs are pretty much in the Type 3 realm when it gets that hard!

Thanks to all who replied!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    The Snow Pub in Las Trancas, Chile. Down by Termas de Chillan. Ingrid is running a camp there these days, but last I was there was in August of '11.
    Somewhere in there is a joke about camps and lady skiers and maybe panty raids...dammit, can't think of a good one.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

most composed/quiet ski I've ridden on ugly rough frozen surfaces is Fischer Watea 94, but it's not a destroyer compared to a Mantra from the same era (2008?), it's not what I'd choose to bulldoze the chickenheads off their anchors.