Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Timberridge, if the project sticks to plan, we've got this XY vs XX impact thing in hand... as it were.

We at SexSync are concerned that everyone gets what they bargained for, carnally speaking. However, given the different names used for our product thus far in the thread, we're gonna need a roshambo on the branding.

As long as I can get in on the first floor of this project, I don't care what we call it. Should there be a social networking component a la Tinder to it?

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Dascunt doing the beta testing for you?
    DasCunt would be a poor tester unless the app can detect fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Fouth sentence second paragraph.
    Not really the same thing since she obviously gave consent, at least judging by the "good evidence" cited in the article.

She didn't have good judgment because she was drunk, yet he should have shown could judgement even though he was drunk.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    There's some stats out there I'm sure but rape in general isn't reported nearly as frequently as it occurs right? Wiki says only 16% are reported for example.
    women often don't report because it's hard to prove, society is hard on rape victims, defense attorneys will tear the victim apart if there is a trial, etc, etc but i was talking about things being "equal".

lots of stories told about guys waking up to a girl fucking them but they didn't cry rape... As far as I'm concerned, the standards should be the same, but if most guys don't care if the above situation happens to them, or care enough then what can be done?

I find it interesting as well that the woman is deemed incapable of making her own decisions, and it is up to the man to make the correct decision while they are both intoxicated.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

What you find interesting is a figment in your mind that has no basis in fact. The law applies the same to both genders, i.e., both parties have equal responsibility to obtain consent from the other party.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    What you find interesting is a figment in your mind that has no basis in fact. The law applies the same to both genders.
    So the Occidental kid has recourse? Honest question.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So the Occidental kid has recourse?
    See http://occidentalweekly.com/news/201...st-occidental/

Quote Originally Posted by hitek79 View Post
    I find it interesting as well that the woman is deemed incapable of making her own decisions, and it is up to the man to make the correct decision while they are both intoxicated.
    She is only so deemed by certain officials at Occidental College where there has been a massive effort by feminists to force the school to take sexual assault more seriously. Strikes me as an unintended consequence of their efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    What you find interesting is a figment in your mind that has no basis in fact. The law applies the same to both genders, i.e., both parties have equal responsibility to obtain consent from the other party.
    It's not the law that is relevant here, but Occidental's internal studnet complaint hearing system. The ruling came from an on-campus disciplinary that vaguely resembles administrative process, but is not based on the law much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So the Occidental kid has recourse? Honest question.
    Wrong question. the problem in most of these discussions (and definitely in this one) is that people think the same rules apply everywhere. The student at Oxy hsa not been convicted of any crime. He has been found by the college to have engaged in behavior that violates the student code of conduct. So does he have "recourse" to challenge that finding? Don't know. Were he accused of a crime he would be entitled to an entirely different procedure and, perhaps most importantly, the prosecution would have to prove that the woman did NOT consent, so he'd have an excellent defense and I suspect most procutors would decline to charge in the first place. Does he have recourse against the school? Again, don't know but that is likely to be governed y the law of contracts, unless California by statute has somehow modified that law in relation to post-secondary education.

All of the above might seem like a shitload of equivocating, but it's an honest start at understanding the variety of issues at stake in a circumstnace like this. And also kind of explains why legal services aren't cheap, it would take someone many, many hours to untangle this mess.

And Big Steve (who has been on a roll of reasonableness lately) posted that article which kind of sums up the same issues while I was typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    She is only so deemed by certain officials at Occidental College where there has been a massive effort by feminists to force the school to take sexual assault more seriously. Strikes me as an unintended consequence of their efforts.
    The unintended consequence was my point.

Danielle Dirks, indicated that he “fit the profile of other rapists on campus in that he had a high GPA in high school, was his class valedictorian, was on [a sports] team, and was ‘from a good family,’”

http://www.thefire.org/statement-fro...ofessor-dirks/
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Pretty sure way more women are raped and the rapist is never named than these few that were falsely accused. Then add in those guilty but get off and I'm still more concerned for the raped than the rare falsely accused. It happens and our legal system has ways to deal with that.

people are falsely accused of all sorts of things. .. should burglary be legal cause people get falsely accused?

The Occidental rule as stated/interpreted isn't sexist, it just places responsibility on whoever fails to complain first about a mutually consensual but too drunk for consent sex act. Therefore, John's logical defense is to complain about Jane's failure to obtain consent before she does.

That's pretty ugly, but at least they're old enough to decide to get drunk enough to be stupid. Every time I see a toddler in a tiara I throw up in my mouth a little. No way am I watching that video. Not sure if that's a vote for counterproductive or irrelevant, though, since I'm not inclined to blame feminists for the actions of people who exploit little girls; those sort of seem like two different groups.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Pretty sure way more women are raped and the rapist is never named than these few that were falsely accused. Then add in those guilty but get off and I'm still more concerned for the raped than the rare falsely accused. It happens and our legal system has ways to deal with that.

people are falsely accused of all sorts of things. .. should burglary be legal cause people get falsely accused?
    You make no sense.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post

Wrong question. the problem in most of these discussions (and definitely in this one) is that people think the same rules apply everywhere. The student at Oxy hsa not been convicted of any crime.
    No kidding, I was wondering if he had the basis for a successful civil suit. Like I said, I'm just some corporate dentist and aren't versed in the ways of the courtroom.
    I still call it The Jake.

Your app needs a breathalyzer, blood test, mental health evaluation, and birth certificate validator, to ensure that any female potential participant in sex is capable of consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Your app needs a breathalyzer, blood test, mental health evaluation, and birth certificate validator, to ensure that any female potential participant in sex is capable of consent.
    I'm telling you, video tape EVERYTHING (inform her first, of course). I dated a freak for awhile and felt this was my only potential way to protect myself should she turn out to be batshit insane and a freak.

Hard to say there's a lack of consent when you've got video and audio of someone telling you to hit them harder, choke them, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I'm telling you, video tape EVERYTHING (inform her first, of course). I dated a freak for awhile and felt this was my only potential way to protect myself should she turn out to be batshit insane and a freak.

Hard to say there's a lack of consent when you've got video and audio of someone telling you to hit them harder, choke them, whatever.
    I call bullshit. Post the video or it didn't happen

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

A videotaping consent button has been added to the app which integrates with the new iPhone 6 time-lapse video capabilities shown below.
    https://www.apple.com/iphone-6/cameras/
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    A videotaping consent button has been added to the app which integrates with the new iPhone 6 time-lapse video capabilities shown below.
    https://www.apple.com/iphone-6/cameras/
    also we will secure resultant video file against modification to ensure both (or +n if it's a party) participants get the video of the real transaction, rather than reconstituted by a video ace to show Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd as participants.

I'm disappointed --yes, utterly heartbroken-- that some in this thread aren't keeping up to speed on how many facets our app has. some keep clamoring for features we booked and integrated days ago.