Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    The whole issue you bring up is not necessarily sexist, but rather just a reality of human emotions.
    The issue I brought up was in answer to a specific question someone asked somewhere else and which came to mind because of the whole weird discussion about the princess video in the collection of boobs and oddities thread, which I find generally entertaining. It was not a statement on society as a whole, or you innocently hiking with females. It was an opinion I formed because someone was being a dick on the internet and it really doesn't have anything to do with the current thread, so my bad for that. As for the various points you bring up, well, you seem to be surrounded by strong, confident women. Congratulations

I'm glad times have changed, because they have, but I think there is still a lot more room for change and feminism is still important and relevant. As others have said, the point of the video above is to get people talking and that certainly worked. The fact that it worked in this particular corner of the internet shows just how well.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

they use cursing as a tool to get attention
    And you did, so it worked.

I'll leave this here and hand the thread back over to the boys' club.

http://everydaysexism.com/
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

everyone's a victim, might as well all talk like Al Swearengen to get it off our respective torsos

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    And you did, so it worked.

I'll leave this here and hand the thread back over to the boys' club.

http://everydaysexism.com/
    The stories in that link are horrible. You know, a lot of men are pigs that doesn't mean the rest of us should feel guilty about it. Outraged yes, guilty? I don't think so.

that's not child abuse?
    those shit kids are in for years of therapy.
    1 in 5, where do they get these numbers?
    bottom line, someone is making bank off this shit.
    yes i know it's a non-profit, that means they will see a very small percentage going to their cause and some one will be buying a nice new car.
    good work girls!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    that's not child abuse?
    You'd have to check with a priest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

And to answer the original question, whether wrong or right, I DO think the f-bomb princess video is quite counterproductive, as they use cursing as a tool to get attention instead of relying on effective communication using some level of intelligent vocabulary. Hard to take a bunch of 8 year olds cussing like sailors very seriously, or their puppet masters who are using them to push their cause.
    "Spoken language is a poor enough way to communicate, so we need to use every word at our disposal. Besides they are some of the few words everybody understands."

Variously attributed to Mark Twain or Will Rogers regarding the use of swear words.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    The stories in that link are horrible. You know, a lot of men are pigs that doesn't mean the rest of us should feel guilty about it. Outraged yes, guilty? I don't think so.
    That right there is the problem with trying to talk about any kind of oppression in America. Nobody wants you to feel GUILTY, AaronWright. Those of us who care about the issue want you to feel motivated to pursue change. But as soon as someone points out outrageous behavior or consequences, some people, mostly privileged white males, immediately get defensive rather than getting outraged. When I hear about a woman being harassed on the street I don't feel guilty, I feel upset that anybody should be treated that way. When I read about sexual violence I don't feel guilty, I feel angry that it has been such a hard problem to address. So DO NOT FEEL GUILTY. Feel motivated to pursue change. That was also the point of the video: don't get mad about foul language, get mad about shit that actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Variously attributed to Mark Twain or Will Rogers regarding the use of swear words.
    Or Clarence Darrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    don't get mad about foul language, get mad about shit that actually matters.
    totally SWPL bro

totally

you're so cool, creaky. Can we all be like you?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Isn't that the point of TGR now? A koffee klatch of white dudes sharing fashion advice and life coaching?

< shrug > be a straight white guy and walk into a sewing store and watch all the sexist women. for extra points they almost to a woman decry sexism.

In the interest of fairness, here's a much more rationally and calmly explained counterpoint video with some of the statistics behind the statistics so often misleadingly used:

Why am I not surprised?

AEI is the most prominent think tank associated with American neoconservatism, in both the domestic and international policy arenas.[14] Irving Kristol, widely considered a father of neoconservatism, was a senior fellow at AEI (arriving from the Congress for Cultural Freedom following the widespread revelation of the group's CIA funding)[15] and many prominent neoconservatives
    After watching that tripe, I would have guessed it was put out by the Heritage Foundation...I was close. So much for fairness.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

That right there is the problem with trying to talk about any kind of oppression in America. Nobody wants you to feel GUILTY, AaronWright. Those of us who care about the issue want you to feel motivated to pursue change. But as soon as someone points out outrageous behavior or consequences, some people, mostly privileged white males, immediately get defensive rather than getting outraged. When I hear about a woman being harassed on the street I don't feel guilty, I feel upset that anybody should be treated that way. When I read about sexual violence I don't feel guilty, I feel angry that it has been such a hard problem to address. So DO NOT FEEL GUILTY. Feel motivated to pursue change. That was also the point of the video: don't get mad about foul language, get mad about shit that actually matters.
    I still call it The Jake.

that's not child abuse?
    those shit kids are in for years of therapy.
    1 in 5, where do they get these numbers?
    bottom line, someone is making bank off this shit.
    yes i know it's a non-profit, that means they will see a very small percentage going to their cause and some one will be buying a nice new car.
    good work girls!
    You high bro?

Uh, I said I felt outraged not guilty. The problem is that feminists assume ALL white males are ignorant and sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    You high bro?
    are you not curious as to who, is running this puppet show?
    surely you don't think 8 year olds are aware of what, exactly they are saying here?
    this is all about the guilt that PC libs have fostered on this country.
    we are fucked, might as well cut your dick off now.
    the castrati will rule our future.
    crab in my shoe mouth

are you not curious as to who, is running this puppet show?
    surely you don't think 8 year olds are aware of what, exactly they are saying here?
    this is all about the guilt that PC libs have fostered on this country.
    we are fucked, might as well cut your dick off now.
    the castrati will rule our future.
    Those 6-7-8 year old's know for certain they are cussing and the intent behind those words, and they know what actual injustice is.

As for the PC libs, yes, things are out of hand, but not in the way you are implying.

Polyasshatery is slowly creeping in. S
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Hell, chicks don't like seeing ANY pics of guys online doing ANYTHING with an ex. Have a picture out there of you on something as innocent as a hike with another female? Brace yourself for the wrath of your current lady. Does that make her a bigoted, misogynist, sexist pig for not liking to see you with another lady friend?
    No, that makes her an insecure, irrational shitshow. I wouldn't date someone that insecure, and if all the women you date have that mental issue, you might want to revise your criteria.

I'm just going to leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

no, that would prevent everyone from being just like you, which would make you profoundly unhappy. an unhappy Pio we don't need.

Nobody wants you to feel GUILTY, AaronWright. Those of us who care about the issue want you to feel motivated to pursue change.
    Uh, I said I felt outraged not guilty.
    Okay, I've shortened it up and given you only the relevant inputs. Try reading again, this time for comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright
    The problem is that feminists assume ALL white males are ignorant and sexist.
    No, they don't. Only someone who hasn't bothered to understand the movement would think this.

there are some asshole feminists who think that way, but they are a distinct minority.

In the interest of fairness, here's a much more rationally and calmly explained counterpoint video with some of the statistics behind the statistics so often misleadingly used:

And to answer the original question, whether wrong or right, I DO think the f-bomb princess video is quite counterproductive, as they use cursing as a tool to get attention instead of relying on effective communication using some level of intelligent vocabulary. Hard to take a bunch of 8 year olds cussing like sailors very seriously, or their puppet masters who are using them to push their cause.
    brainwashed gawd and gunz southerners are clueless

Seems all good to me. I hope those girls don't mind if I call them little cunts if they want to act like adults (or read the lines the adults wrote for them). This shit is fucking stupid.

The problem is that feminists assume ALL white males are ignorant and sexist.
    I am a feminist. I do not make that assumption. Therefore your argument is invalidated.