Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Yeah man, this is when the deals are! Plus my ski gear is pretty set with the exception of skins.

Sweet you got some turns in though! You're really gonna buy some soft ass new school jibby Deathwishes though?? . Would've thought you'd get the governors for the hardcore straghtlining
    I foresee a skin "test" writeup for the fans. Already have governors for chop and chalk, just wanted a ski that can hail satan's icy euro groomers when it doesn't snow, I'd hate to break a sweat during my early morning lunch breaks.

Huh huh, you almost said foreskin.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Huh huh, you almost said foreskin.
    If it was my post I woulda blown it...
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by sbelt View Post
    Help me justify the Deathwish?
    It's a bonafide deathwish moment. Get the boutique ski. They always impress me more than a big name brand.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    It's a bonafide deathwish moment. Get the boutique ski. They always impress me more than a big name brand.
    Not a Bonafife / Deathwish question, I already have the Bonafide's. By chance had to be in Reno so I stopped at Moment and picked upthe Deathwish's. Just walked in, went in the back and saw them making skis. Bunch of hard working guys who take a lot of pride in what they do. Got the story on how the triple camber came to be which was an attempt to make a playful park ski that did not exactly work out. So the quiver better be complete, DW's, Bonafides and Coombacks for the BC.

I am hoping that when I walk in the door my wife is so excited about the Moment Sierra's I bought her she won't give me much greif on the DW's.

Deathwish stoke from last year...

More on my vimeo page

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Turns are sweet. Thanks for sharing!
    Last year was my first year on the DW and I had been trying to find something that was a good fit the previous 3 years. I skied the Jag Sharks, Sallie Czar (still own it, love it, tour ski) and the DW is juts a step above everything else I had skied. I can't speak TOO much about how it performs in deep snow because I live in N California and mostly ski at Kirkwood and as many of you know, last year was low tide all year. However, that being said the DW is as close to a one ski quiver as I can imagine.

When you stay in the drivers seat and muscle this ski around, it's very fun, agile and a powerhouse through variable snow. Once you set it on it's side that mustache triple camber is outrageously good and grippy. The few deep days I experienced on this ski were pretty rewarding. It's fun and slarvy without being too washy, and floaty while still being able to dig in and maneuver to make necessary turns in tight spaces. I am not buying any new skis this year.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by dblatto View Post
    Last year was my first year on the DW and I had been trying to find something that was a good fit the previous 3 years. I skied the Jag Sharks, Sallie Czar (still own it, love it, tour ski) and the DW is juts a step above everything else I had skied. I can't speak TOO much about how it performs in deep snow because I live in N California and mostly ski at Kirkwood and as many of you know, last year was low tide all year. However, that being said the DW is as close to a one ski quiver as I can imagine.

When you stay in the drivers seat and muscle this ski around, it's very fun, agile and a powerhouse through variable snow. Once you set it on it's side that mustache triple camber is outrageously good and grippy. The few deep days I experienced on this ski were pretty rewarding. It's fun and slarvy without being too washy, and floaty while still being able to dig in and maneuver to make necessary turns in tight spaces. I am not buying any new skis this year.
    Every time I read another personal account on the DW's I end up with a chubby, can't wait.

Honestly not a ton in the past season or two. Sir Francis bacon was another standout ski for people considering the DW, really fun and jibby yet really comfortable and stable going fast, even with a near center mount. I skied the automatic 116 last season a bit too, which I liked as well and was definitely more of a charger, but wasn't as fun in shitty snow. The blizzards I've skied have always been too badass for me, too stiff and oriented towards racer turns. and I ski like a weak shit.
    My quiver de uno is currently the 183 TST, that I ski hard and fast on the firm, packed, ersatz snow we enjoy in the East and on the soft corduroy out West, but more like a "weak shit" when the pow piles up or if I duck into the trees. I am thinking of adding a resort oriented pow ski to the quiver this year to boost the fun quotient on days with new snow. Looking for something playful and easy to ski while also being able to deal with the crud after lunch. Two that I am most interested in are the 184 DW and the 179 Automatic. Since you mentioned that you've skied both of these last year I'd appreciate any direct comparisons and insight you (or others) might have in regards to which might be a good supplement to the TST (which I love) and not as a 1SQ replacement.
    (5'10", 180lbs - on my way back to 170 - damn football season and the beer & wings that come with)

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    My quiver de uno is currently the 183 TST, that I ski hard and fast on the firm, packed, ersatz snow we enjoy in the East and on the soft corduroy out West, but more like a "weak shit" when the pow piles up or if I duck into the trees. I am thinking of adding a resort oriented pow ski to the quiver this year to boost the fun quotient on days with new snow. Looking for something playful and easy to ski while also being able to deal with the crud after lunch. Two that I am most interested in are the 184 DW and the 179 Automatic. Since you mentioned that you've skied both of these last year I'd appreciate any direct comparisons and insight you (or others) might have in regards to which might be a good supplement to the TST (which I love) and not as a 1SQ replacement.
    (5'10", 180lbs - on my way back to 170 - damn football season and the beer & wings that come with)
    Well first off, definitely go with the 186 automatic. There's a lot of tip rocker so they end up skiing a bit shorter than the length. The 179 would feel tiny. It's a super fun ski, really easy to release and pivot but also very solid going fast. Fun and still poppy although it doesn't feel like it has quite as much character as the DW, and definitely not as great on groomers. I could just stay on the DW and be totally fine without the Automatics, but got a pair for cheap and use them as the deep day ski. A slightly more traditional/directional feel than the DW.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    which Automatic are you thinking about--117, 109, or 102? (Seems like they could have given them different names)

Why compromise between Bonafide and DW? Do what Im doing this season, Bonafides with P18 for inbounds, and DW with Beasts for BC!

All joking aside, I just picked up DW's and am super stoked for trying them. I love the charge through anything stability and confidence the Bonafides give me every day, but Im super excited about getting out on the DW's on the pass and other places.

Any suggestion for skins for the DW's? These are my first pair of Moments and an wondering about how the square tips work with most skins? With the metal clips on BackCountry/G3 skis hold, or slide off the sides?

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Why compromise between Bonafide and DW? Do what Im doing this season, Bonafides with P18 for inbounds, and DW with Beasts for BC!

All joking aside, I just picked up DW's and am super stoked for trying them. I love the charge through anything stability and confidence the Bonafides give me every day, but Im super excited about getting out on the DW's on the pass and other places.

Any suggestion for skins for the DW's? These are my first pair of Moments and an wondering about how the square tips work with most skins? With the metal clips on BackCountry/G3 skis hold, or slide off the sides?
    They'll be fine. Tail clips can slip off but just have to make sure they're on tight. Hve been using climbing skins direct for two seasons with few problems other than they're getting old. They can slide off the tips if you're sloppy and crossing your tips all the time. Had friends using G3's on their exit worlds no problem (skiers left).

They'll be fine. Tail clips can slip off but just have to make sure they're on tight. Hve been using climbing skins direct for two seasons with few problems other than they're getting old. They can slide off the tips if you're sloppy and crossing your tips all the time. Had friends using G3's on their exit worlds no problem (skiers left).
    Thanks Ryan! Now to find that little skin cutter I got with the skins to make them fit my DW's.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

I was wondering the same thing, how well the DW's square tip would hold an attachment loop. I have CSD skins but do not use their clip. The Black Diamond adjustable width would seem to be a better way to go. I mounted my DW's with alpine bindings, my Coombacks remain my BC ski, Bonafides and Death Wish for inbounds. I will take a look to see how well the BD attachment works. I think the STS tail as long its tight should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, how well the DW's square tip would hold an attachment loop. I have CSD skins but do not use their clip. The Black Diamond adjustable width would seem to be a better way to go. I mounted my DW's with alpine bindings, my Coombacks remain my BC ski, Bonafides and Death Wish for inbounds. I will take a look to see how well the BD attachment works. I think the STS tail as long its tight should work just fine.
    Had my dw's as my CAST setup. Bd skins work well. Proper tip loop slides nicely down the tip taper and square tail works well for rail attachment. Maybe 8-10 days touring on them and zero issues. Not the lightest touring ski but it's in the ballpark and fun as hell