Lightweight ski boot choice

New season, new boot. Im looking for a lightweight skiboot with good performance.
    The selection is narrowed to dynafit: RC1, Dyna EVO or the PDG boot. I will use these boot with a pair of cho oyus. What is the best overall ski boot of these? stiffness etc?....

If you're worried about stiffness, you probably shouldn't get any of these boots. They are all designed to be used in a race scenario, with a 65mm waisted, 160cm-ish ski. The RC1 is to be used with the no-moving-parts RC1 carbon binding as well. Think about a boot with a tongue, like the TLT6P, and get them from Europe so you can get the lighter CL liner.

I would add a caveat about stiffness... race boots have an interesting type of stiffness compared to normal beef boot stiffness.

For example, the Alien 1.0 is plenty stiff, some people have called it too stiff, the concern is that it is not progressively stiff.

If you are having to ask here, I think you should find some way to demo the PDG on a wider ski and see if you can handle the way it skis. These boots are not for the faint of heart and if you buy without knowing what you are getting into I doubt you will enjoy it.

Alien 1.0. Best ski performance, best tour performance, best walk/ski mechanism, most reliable, easily punched/molded.
    but I know we can't all stay here forever, so I wanna write my words on the face of today...

Nothing beats Tecnica when it comes to light weight boots. The cochise pro 130 and pro light are as light as some of the more dedicated touring boots, but ski almost as good as regular alpine boots.
    Last edited by LiveLarger; 11-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Scott boots r pretty light...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.