Okanagan singletrack > Chilcotin

Agree? Disagree? In any case, the Okanagan has been delivering

nice pics. looks like rock oven in skaha. cool trail. check out smith creek and I hear 3 blind mice is good as well as kal park in vernon

Hard to beat the scenery, remoteness and solitude you get in the Chilcotins. That said my next bike trip home to BC will hopefully include some rides in the Okanagan and Kootenays.

Lets see some more pics!

I've seen great pics from the Chilcotins, but I don't understand how there are trails made with no people to burn them in. Usually when I attempt to ride remote areas it's a bunch of shitty deer trails that go nowhere. Anyone know why the Chilcotins are so unique?

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Hard to beat the scenery, remoteness and solitude you get in the Chilcotins.
    Agreed. No question about that.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Anyone know why the Chilcotins are so unique?
    Horse packers and prospectors are why those trails exist, is my understanding. Bikes are a recent addition.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    nice pics. looks like rock oven in skaha. cool trail. check out smith creek and I hear 3 blind mice is good as well as kal park in vernon
    Three Blind Mice trails were awesome. We did four or five days there last week. That area can be ridden as a shuttle or start at the bottom for + 3,000' continuous climbing. With a lot of those trails you're riding on rock slabs equally as much as dirt. It's wild.

Rode around Kelowna for one day. Did the Angel Falls trail off of the KVR, another 3,000' descent well worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Lets see some more pics!
    Few more. Ten days of riding, but not too many pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Solesides View Post
    Three Blind Mice trails were awesome. We did four or five days there last week. That area can be ridden as a shuttle or start at the bottom for + 3,000' continuous climbing. With a lot of those trails you're riding on rock slabs equally as much as dirt. It's wild.

Rode around Kelowna for one day. Did the Angel Falls trail off of the KVR, another 3,000' descent well worth the effort.
    nice. i'll ad angel falls to the list w 3 blind mice

Quote Originally Posted by Solesides View Post
    Agreed. No question about that.

Horse packers and prospectors are why those trails exist, is my understanding. Bikes are a recent addition.
    That's it. That and the balance of not many people vs not so few people that trails become overgrown

Check out Smith Creek near Kelowna as well for a fun rip.