Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quit buying gear, take more ski trips. There expensive as fuck. Neck warmers, what a turd.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Full Stoke George View Post
    Opinions. Welcome to the internet.
    Book several expensive trips. Spend ALL your money traveling. Spend so much you have to sell of some gear to afford it. Do it today!

When you are old and thinking back, you probably couldn't care less about that gear. But you most likely will appreciate that you traveled a lot, when you were fit. It's a ... no-brainer.

That's right. Heli trips, Europe, Chile. Course you probably don't have that kind of cash and neither do I.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

If he is gear whoring, he probably can travel a lot. Most gear whores don't seem to understand this.

Yeah im on the same page as you guys. Good to get some opinions that all have the same vibe going. I might sell some of my older gear i have sitting round 'just in case i need it one day.' Shit classic hoarder mentality! Haha honestly i dont have much old stuff, just some old gloves and goggles. But honestly ill never use it again... HELI TRIP!! HAHA

experience > material

Dude, this has been covered.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...st-miss-skiing
    If you want relief buy something like this. It works.

Plus the chicks dig it waaay more than neck gators.
    If the shocker don't rock her, then Dr. Spock her. Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post

Haha nice bro! How fast does it get down a mountain but

I dont think anyone digs neck warmers, except my mum lol

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post

^suppose you could just pick up the coast resident panty chaser routine.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    just read this, felt like tossing another one in the garbage and getting another.
    it's already boring to me, there must be a better one out now

just watching my buddies in new gear having it fall apart is comedy gold and enough of a deterant for me ...

there they all are crapping on about how good burton AK is and its warrenty, and all of them have had to use the warrenty ??? WTF !!!

that shit costs a fortune and if it fails on first day on snow ??? seriously watched it happen ...

I just can never find shit that satisfies me, I carry alota crap for boarding, touring and the sled. I know wot I need and no one makes it. fark spending hundreds of $$$ and having gear that shits me.

I should be a gear reviewer ...

problems of a first world nation ???
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

This is really a thread?
    long live the jahrator

Quote Originally Posted by totaliboard View Post
    This is really a thread?
    The button 'Reply to Thread' seems to state it is. Silly internet.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Nah. I'm pretty dialed and have sold everything I am not completely enamored with. Too much shit makes for tough decisions & clutter- and having shit for the sake of having it is cool and all but not for me anymore.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

^ truth

I have gear issues, just can't let go. Doesn't even include my SL, GS and three pairs of DH boards

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1414364083.676022.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	159469

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    I finally passed the point where I thought that new gear would somehow make me a better skier. Now I just use my age as an excuse.
    Pretty much where I am at.. I have way to much gear, almost time to do the purge.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

In my experience, fixation on gear is usually a trait of someone who is new-ish to a given sport. It seems natural to want to posses and figure out all of the "stuff" that goes along with any new interest.
    You'd be surprised how most pros just don't care that much about gear. Notice how "Soul skiers" aren't distracted by material things.
    I hate it when I get on the lift with some noob who wants to endlessly discuss with me about the subtle differences between this years so-and-so vs. last years so-and-so, ...Blah, blah, blah....
    I really could care less. Get the best stuff you can afford. Then shut up and ski!
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    In my experience, fixation on gear is usually a trait of someone who is new-ish to a given sport. It seems natural to want to posses and figure out all of the "stuff" that goes along with any new interest.
    You'd be surprised how most pros just don't care that much about gear. Notice how "Soul skiers" aren't distracted by material things.
    I hate it when I get on the lift with some noob who wants to endlessly discuss with me about the subtle differences between this years so-and-so vs. last years so-and-so, ...Blah, blah, blah....
    I really could care less. Get the best stuff you can afford. Then shut up and ski!
    Thats a really good point. Personally for me its just something to do though summer. Online looking and researching, as its too expensive to travel from where im working ATM to winter Northern Hemisphere destinations!

My new fix is getting back into DH mountain biking. Just spent a fair amount on a new bike so collecting all my old shit to sell. There is something really freeing about selling stuff and possessions. You feel 'lighter' no what i mean?

Maybe a fix for the problem is not buying new things but selling old ones?

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I have gear issues, just can't let go. Doesn't even include my SL, GS and three pairs of DH boards

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1414364083.676022.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	159469
    Fuck bro, id be happy/set for life with half those ski's! Haha nice collection!!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i really don't view it as an addiction.
    I don't research or enjoy talking about gear much
    probably one of the least techy ski tech around
    more of a hard for me to place a monitary value on older gear that brought me pleasure so it gets hoarded
    that and i'm not real good w/ $$ so i end up w/ a rainy day slush fund and a mancave o skis

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'm just constantly searching for the perfect edited quiver and trying to do it without just throwing a bunch of money at the task. But this year I've kind of broken that rule so I'm pretty close.

After years of tweaking, 5 pairs seems to be the sweet spot. I think my long-approach touring ski (BD Drift 186 / radical FT) needs to be swaped in for some Cho Oyus and I'll be pretty set, but that would be totally unnecessary since the skis haven't seen that many days.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Stoke George View Post
    Fuck bro, id be happy/set for life with half those ski's! Haha nice collection!!
    You can see the common theme on those skis, all wood core, laminates made in europe. All have at least one sheet of metal and most have two. That is what i like (excluding the dps which i have not skied yet).

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i really don't view it as an addiction.
    I don't research or enjoy talking about gear much
    probably one of the least techy ski tech around
    more of a hard for me to place a monitary value on older gear that brought me pleasure so it gets hoarded
    that and i'm not real good w/ $$ so i end up w/ a rainy day slush fund and a mancave o skis
    Dude is that your house or your shop? If that's your house, you win lol SICk collection!

But like you guys, JD May and skideeppow im after a 'perfect' set up. But the problem is there are so many out there now and i only have a small window to actually demo the ones i really like, a lot of research has to go in so when i do finally demo some i know they are gonna pretty spot on for what i want anyway... I dont have countless days or different conditions to ski a big list. Same with all my outwear, Im running all really old gear atm. Torn, velcro worn off, sun damaged etc... Saved up for a while and now i can finally upgrade. Its not that i 'want' to look at everything its just i want to find the best.

So its not that im addicted to actually owning heaps of gear but maybe a bit OCD, by thinking if i search online a little bit longer something even better will pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Nah. I'm pretty dialed and have sold everything I am not completely enamored with. Too much shit makes for tough decisions & clutter- and having shit for the sake of having it is cool and all but not for me anymore.
    So'dya ever sell that onesie?

Life is not lift served.