G3 Synapse? Tried 'em?

I really have not been able to find much on any of the synapse models.

Anyone have any beta on these skis OR have skied them?

Really digging the 101!

There is a little user feedback in the Ion thread.

I'm curious for some feedback on these too. Seems very little out there from those who have skied them.

IMO G3 did a lousy job of getting them on people's feet last season to saturate the interwebz with reviews and may lose out on sales as people decide on carbon converts, dynafit denali or vapor nano instead.

FWIW G3 if you're listening I haven't committed to anything else yet and would gladly accept a heavily subsidized pair in exchange for glowing Internet reviews 😄

Got to try these yesterday up at Loveland as part of a free demo day that Bentgate had going on.

Tested the 101 vs the V6 and La Sportiva Vapor. The 101 design allows for variable turn radius on both shitty to days old crush, quite surprising at speed as well. Where the V6 was IMO good, the 101 was able to do it better. The Vapors are also a nice light weight ski, but really seem to ski short.

I'm in the same boat, it's hard to find good reviews on the Synapse, however I did find this one that seemed to really mirror my experience --> http://www.earnyourturns.com/26557/b...n-synapse-101/

So.....any updates?

Most interested in the 92.

Jtrue has a pair for sale he skied a bit, might be worth a PM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

I'm on 185cm Synapse 109s at the moment (on loan from G3). Might get around to a longer review now that the Pineapple Express has arrived, but I'm stoked on them. I love light and lively skis, and I'm finding these to be super playful and without limit in anything soft, 1625 grams per ski (in the 185) on the climbs, and yet I can still carve a turn on firm groomers. They're even easier than my Wailer 112RP Pures for negotiating inconsistent powder in super tight, steep trees. Don't know what of this translates to the 101s, which I think have camber (the 109s maintain rocker throughout) under foot.

Thanks. Most reviews seem to be on the 109, which as you alluded to, has a different profile. Interested in the 92 for a more consolidated snow pack/long range missions.

I demoed the 101 and really liked them. Fairly firm conditions on demo day at Loveland. They hold on hardpack amazingly well and turned easily. I was on a tele setup with Axl's. My only complaints would be they are pretty vibratory on firm snow and way too pricey for my budget. That's just the way with carbon skis. I suspect a tour up and soft snow down would be pretty damn awesome on these skis.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I'm on 185cm Synapse 109s at the moment (on loan from G3). Might get around to a longer review now that the Pineapple Express has arrived, but I'm stoked on them. I love light and lively skis, and I'm finding these to be super playful and without limit in anything soft, 1625 grams per ski (in the 185) on the climbs, and yet I can still carve a turn on firm groomers. They're even easier than my Wailer 112RP Pures for negotiating inconsistent powder in super tight, steep trees. Don't know what of this translates to the 101s, which I think have camber (the 109s maintain rocker throughout) under foot.
    I haven't scoped these in person but it sounds like they are moderately stiff. I take it that the long rocker makes them pretty easy to handle despite that. I see you are on 185s, what is your weight? It's pretty awesome that G3 offers skis in 5cm increments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I haven't scoped these in person but it sounds like they are moderately stiff. I take it that the long rocker makes them pretty easy to handle despite that. I see you are on 185s, what is your weight? It's pretty awesome that G3 offers skis in 5cm increments.
    I'm 6'1", 175lbs, aged 47, skiing 100+ days per year for 30 years. I find them very easy to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I'm 6'1", 175lbs, aged 47, skiing 100+ days per year for 30 years. I find them very easy to handle.
    Thanks for the feedback. Not too many reviews out there for these.

Thanks for this discussion, been skiing on G3 el hombres for a while, thinking of moving to xenoxide to save weight, wondering if I'll like them as much. Good info

Bump in hopes that someone has a bit more hands-on info on the Synapse 101.
    I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that my Wailer 105 is due for a replacement and am looking at slightly skinnier and lighter options. These keep popping up every time I search, specs look just about perfect.
    Fresh thoughts?

Bolssal,

I'll be on the 101, 109, and Empire 115 at demo days next month............now if we could bypass the refrozen coral, chundery shit from the last time I was down there and have the snow to test them in their natal environ......

Lot's of questions about powder-oriented touring skis these day, so I thought I'd bump this thread.

More thoughts on the Synapse 109s?

I'm looking for 185cm-ish pow-oriented but not pow-only touring skis for long days, short days, powder, Sierra cement and mank, charging, tree skiing, steeps, crust, variable, and occasional pockets of windboard/hard snow. I'll mount them with Plum Guide heels and Dynafit Radical toes, and will probably never use them in a resort. These skis will replace my 190cm Praxis Backcountries, which were generally great except the true 190cm is a little longer for climbing than I'd prefer (it's great for the descent though). Also, I'd like to go a little lighter. I have some ZeroG 95s for spring tours, really long days, and multi-day tours. (The ZeroG 108s look great except that I don't think I'll be able to get them in a 185cm on sale.) I'm 6' and 180 lbs. and live in Tahoe.

My main concern with the Synapse 109s is the lack of camber. I'm open minded though.

Also somewhat interested in the Empire 115s, although they seem a little too powder-specific for my needs.
    Last edited by AKbruin; 03-05-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Same conversation in another thread.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...08#post4957908

basically.

empire 115, tons of rockers
    synapse 109, still a decent amount of rocker

Haven't personally skied it, but being on the empire 115, I still think the synapse would be fun as hell. Sure it doesn't lay down an edge super great, but that's not what you're getting it for.

Was anxious to try the whole synapse line but re-fried a meniscus the week before the NW demo. Shit. Will try again as soon as opportunity presents. Would like to hear others input

Said fuck it, and bought the 185cm Synapse 109s from Camp Saver. They were on sale for $540 and I added a 10% discount code good through tomorrow (DEAL10) and so they ended up costing a little under $500, which seemed like a good deal.

I'm worried that with so much rocker the 185cm may ski a little short. But my true 190cm Praxis are kind of a pain in the ass for climbing (even though they're great on the downhill).

Now that I've bought some powder touring skis, I'm sure the Tahoe drought will immediately return, but I'll probably post a review in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Said fuck it, and bought the 185cm Synapse 109s from Camp Saver. They were on sale for $540 and I added a 10% discount code good through tomorrow (DEAL10) and so they ended up costing a little under $500, which seemed like a good deal.

I'm worried that with so much rocker the 185cm may ski a little short. But my true 190cm Praxis are kind of a pain in the ass for climbing (even though they're great on the downhill).

Now that I've bought some powder touring skis, I'm sure the Tahoe drought will immediately return, but I'll probably post a review in a month or so.
    I'm guessing that the 180 might be a bit short for you, but FYI STP has the Synapse 109 for $283. Use code PCV16410 for free shipping.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/g3-...-skis~p~139gt/