One to da right and one to the left

Ya know, I discounted this guy so many years ago when I first saw this video. Maybe it's AR's thread talking, but I can truly appreciate him now.

I'd like to try it but I'd be scared. need some cooperalls and definitely hockey gloves

I grew up in southern utah. Saw this dude on a warren miller movie. Went with my buddy Leon to a volcano just north of town to do this same thing.

A hot July morning, took our skis and poles to the spot. Packing ski boots on our backs didn't even cross our minds, so we walked from the truck to the cinder cone in our boots and hiked up the whole thing in them.

Got to the top - Leon was just down for whatever and had no idea what we were doing, I'd only seen this guys rock segment a couple times but I was the expert.
    Anyway, we get on top of the 400-foot cinder cone and there is nothing but huge volcanic boulders. I REALLY wanted to ski down somehow (for many reasons) but there wasn't even a remote possibility of that happening.
    We walked back down in the 100-degree heat back to the truck. All done in our ski boots.
    I explain all this so you'll understand when I say the following:
    EFF YOU YOU DUMB OLD IDIOT YOUR HEAD IS FULL OF TERRIBLE IDEAS AND YOU TRICKED ME AND RUINED A COUPLE PAIRS OF PERFECTLY FUNCTIONAL REAR-ENTRY BOOTS AND THE EGO OF AT LEAST ONE KID.
    #truestory
    Attaching pic of the hillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413710329.669891.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	159158

Was it dynastar that made the skis with the metal bottoms? That's the tool for the job

Killing it with the 3-5 year old crowd!
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I remember that movie, I'm sure it was the catalyst for my attempting to skiing sand dunes and scree slopes, but I never did anything with rocks that big...

Quote Originally Posted by JAREDS View Post
    I grew up in southern utah. Saw this dude on a warren miller movie. Went with my buddy Leon to a volcano just north of town to do this same thing.

A hot July morning, took our skis and poles to the spot. Packing ski boots on our backs didn't even cross our minds, so we walked from the truck to the cinder cone in our boots and hiked up the whole thing in them.

Got to the top - Leon was just down for whatever and had no idea what we were doing, I'd only seen this guys rock segment a couple times but I was the expert.
    Anyway, we get on top of the 400-foot cinder cone and there is nothing but huge volcanic boulders. I REALLY wanted to ski down somehow (for many reasons) but there wasn't even a remote possibility of that happening.
    We walked back down in the 100-degree heat back to the truck. All done in our ski boots.
    I explain all this so you'll understand when I say the following:
    EFF YOU YOU DUMB OLD IDIOT YOUR HEAD IS FULL OF TERRIBLE IDEAS AND YOU TRICKED ME AND RUINED A COUPLE PAIRS OF PERFECTLY FUNCTIONAL REAR-ENTRY BOOTS AND THE EGO OF AT LEAST ONE KID.
    #truestory
    Attaching pic of the hillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1413710329.669891.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	159158
    haaa good times. in hindsight, he saved you from skiing in those milk boxes

His poles are too long.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.