Page 190 of 230 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 5745
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

If anyone has a need for a free rental at Bromley, my friends left a coupon here that they didn't use.
    Does it have a hot tub?

Another POW day at the bush today, you just need to go find it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1427674921818.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	165719  

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Does it have a hot tub?
    I see what you did there.

Looks like there was a big, naturally-triggered avalanche in Tuckerman Ravine today. Got this pic from the Cathedral Mountain Guides Facebook page.

SERIOUS. GODDAMN. BIDNESS.

Last edited by Bottleman; 03-30-2015 at 06:23 AM.

EAST COAST ROLL CALL #8 14/15 A NEW HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

SERIOUS. GODDAMN. BIDNESS.
    SERIOUSLY SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by grubbers View Post
    Looks like there was a big, naturally-triggered avalanche in Tuckerman Ravine today. Got this pic from the Cathedral Mountain Guides Facebook page.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/KrTb2XH.jpg[/imgerre]
    Even better was the chucklehead who, after seeing that rip, went up into right and triggered another. Brilliant. Luckily no one hurt in either slide. Some dragons out there. Ain't spring yet.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    SERIOUSLY SERIOUS
    Ninja Turtles (?) FTW!!!!

Another two-lap trip into the Zone today (pix later). About 4" on supportive but crushable crust, fine skiing and riding accomplished . Second lap energy problem solved with GU and double water ration. Also good skiing. Nasty exit, lumpy icy hiking trail. It seemed like interminable noise and bad vibrations, but eventually we reached the car and the pain stopped.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Even better was the chucklehead who, after seeing that rip, went up into right and triggered another. Brilliant. Luckily no one hurt in either slide. Some dragons out there. Ain't spring yet.
    Actually sounds like the crown that I posted a pic of was triggered by one of the snow rangers. Preliminary report can be found here: http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchec...mt-washington/

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    SERIOUSLY SERIOUS
    Good stuff.

30.7` and super windy bob with a film of snow overnight. Mountain temps look suspect. Did I say windy? Heaven's Gate, North Lynx, Village Double, Summit and Slide Brook are currently on wind hold.

Lincoln Peak Temps Mt. Ellen Temps
    Base: 31 °F Base: 30 °F
    Mid: 26 °F Mid: 26 °F
    Summit: -29 °F Summit: 616 °F

I like those suits Bottle, a little early though as Gaper Day isn't till Wed.

It Always amazes me how folks don't regularly read the avi reports on George and then arrive at the mountain and do something stupid. Lack of snow in the bowl is going to make for a short season this year, plan accordingly.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    It Always amazes me how folks don't regularly read the avi reports on George and then arrive at the mountain and do something stupid.
    I know, right! What kinda dolt on steep east facing terrain would expect to get away with one this weekend?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

I like those suits Bottle, a little early though as Gaper Day isn't till Wed.
    Dood, we banana belters ski the witttle, teeny, tiny, no snow Snow Bowl. Every day is gaper day there.

Closure of the Worth Mountain chair means that the Bottles are considering coming out of hibernation. And, since we clearly cannot use our own power to move uphill we are thinking of riding the wheel at the Sun Mountain on Wednesday. Something about bright, blue skies and Southern exposure makes me think we may have a rare corn sighting. How's the coverage down there?

It Always amazes me how folks don't regularly read the avi reports on George and then arrive at the mountain and do something stupid. Lack of snow in the bowl is going to make for a short season this year, plan accordingly.
    I was up there one spring day when a ranger was standing at the bottom of the bowl at a spot everyone coming up from HoJos would pass. He was telling everyone that the snow beneath the headwall was ready to go as soon as someone set foot there. What happened? A couple geniuses decided to test his theory. Both were carried in wet slides. The crowd cheered. I'm amazed there aren't more fatalities.

Attempting a pillow launch

Barely holding on...

Skiing it out

A little stoke from my first trip to Mad River Glen. We were able to find some soft stuff in the trees. Was planning to go for Tuckerman's but got scared off by the conditions (ended up sliding multiple times that day). Good times had by all.
    Everything's better with ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Closure of the Worth Mountain chair means that the Bottles are considering coming out of hibernation. And, since we clearly cannot use our own power to move uphill we are thinking of riding the wheel at the Sun Mountain on Wednesday. Something about bright, blue skies and Southern exposure makes me think we may have a rare corn sighting. How's the coverage down there?
    Fine coverage. 3/8" new snow this morning. The woods have been frozen over for a few weeks and we are waiting for a corn cycle (still been pretty cold). Tomorrow is 2-fer Tuesdays, so consider coming a day early. If I don't go touring tomorrow, I'll join you. Otherwise on Weds. I can take a long lunch for a few laps. Thursday looks like spring skiing nirvana!

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    I know, right! What kinda dolt on steep east facing terrain would expect to get away with one this weekend?
    One was J. Lane soooooooo.......now he had to be out and about for work but unless my memory is off he wrote the report that morning. Though I certainly agree it's a mad house up there generally.

ADK skied real well this weekend up high.

You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Fine coverage. 3/8" new snow this morning. The woods have been frozen over for a few weeks and we are waiting for a corn cycle (still been pretty cold). Tomorrow is 2-fer Tuesdays, so consider coming a day early. If I don't go touring tomorrow, I'll join you. Otherwise on Weds. I can take a long lunch for a few laps.
    Would be fun to meet up! Will let you know our plans once some stuff comes together this afternoon/evening.

Lincoln Peak Temps Mt. Ellen Temps
    Summit: -29 °F Summit: 616 °F
    When did they move Mt Ellen to Venus? And are they going to extend the Slide Brook Express to keep the mountains interconnected?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

If anyone in the greater Northshire/So VT area wants to go for a tour tomorrow afternoon, shoot me a PM. I'll lead the way.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    When did they move Mt Ellen to Venus? And are they going to extend the Slide Brook Express to keep the mountains interconnected?
    A quick visit this AM, loaning it out after Sunday when it closes for the season. No extension, sorry.

Snow Ranger Jeff Lanes update

Make sure you have your gear and know how to use it.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

27.5` breezy with 64mm of new dense powder overnight bob. The widely spaced mogul troughs on Steins look 2/3 - 3/4 full with the tops chunky monkey. This is the most snow at the base in a long time, woo hoo.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime