Page 69 of 230 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5745
    The girlfriend and I toted two knuckleheads' skis up madonna lift with us after they yardsaled at the launch pad... *Hug a knuckledragger*...I'm talkin' to you MRG. Fog kept the gapers off preferred stashes today for free freshies all day, nice.

Speaking of the topic of top 10's. Bustin' legit virgin pillows on Drifter this morning will long be remembered.

I took a "top ten" dump this morning. It was the kind of dump that makes you glow afterwards.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by skigoody View Post
    hoping things are starting to fill in up there
    plenty of options for december i'll bet. here and there. looking forward to getting up there. maybe next week.

BC in So. VT in rough shape. So many small birches bent right over we almost lost our way going up!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1418509401.526429.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	589.3 KB 
ID:	161403

Yeah lynch nice score! Winter is chugging right along.

Plattekill was fun. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1418510403.554623.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	161404

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    BC in So. VT in rough shape. So many small birches bent right over we almost lost our way going up!

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1418509401.526429.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	589.3 KB 
ID:	161403
    Where were you skiing in SoVT?

Also, anyone know if there's decent coverage on the thunderbolt trail?

Name:	Bowl12-13-14A.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	161408

Such a great day to be in the Hills. What started out as cement mixer snow midweek transitioned beautifully to purrrrrfect early season pow, even in the lowlands.

Nothing epic (it's only the local bump) but we found a few top secret stashes that had yet to be discovered.

Attachment 161409

Like MRG Saddleback was empty for its opening day.

The mountain reported 7 inches of new, but it skied like way over a foot. NW passage delivered the skier to a slew of trails which were deep and untracked. For sure my most vertical not crossing other tracks at a resort. I'm calling it, top ten day! Well I don't remember as well as I used to

The mountain reported 7 inches of new, but it skied like way over a foot. NW passage delivered the skier to a slew of trails which were deep and untracked. For sure my most vertical not crossing other tracks at a resort.

There are some new glades that are pretty rowdy.

Did not hit a rock all day. Fun skiing runs that were often groomed to play on the features they present.

Hear Sugarloaf had problems with a lot of their lifts on Friday-iced up overnight (fortunately Saddleback spun its chair). Talked with a couple who skied there and was told the groomed trails skied well, but their were icy bumps on the ungroomed and only a little powder. Skiing Sugarloaf tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post

The mountain reported 7 inches of new, but it skied like way over a foot. NW passage delivered the skier to a slew of trails which were deep and untracked. For sure my most vertical not crossing other tracks at a resort. I'm calling it, top ten day! Well I don't remember as well as I used to
    Fkna! Sounds great. Might have been worth the trip...

I skied Mt. snow, as good as it's ever been this time of year. If any mags are in the area give me a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post

Name:	Bowl12-13-14A.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	161408

Such a great day to be in the Hills. What started out as cement mixer snow midweek transitioned beautifully to purrrrrfect early season pow, even in the lowlands.
    Nothing to see here...

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    Where were you skiing in SoVT?
    County name or GPS coordinates?

Lots of stoke on here today - way to get after it, all!

Hope this base holds up.

GPS strongly preferred. If you have any other secret pow stashes, feel free to pass those on as well.

The mountain reported 7 inches of new, but it skied like way over a foot. NW passage delivered the skier to a slew of trails which were deep and untracked. For sure my most vertical not crossing other tracks at a resort.

Did not hit a rock all day. Fun skiing runs that were often groomed to play on the features they present.

Hear Sugarloaf had problems with a lot of their lifts on Friday-iced up overnight (fortunately Saddleback spun its chair). Talked with a couple who skied there and was told the groomed trails skied well, but their were icy bumps on the ungroomed and only a little powder. Skiing Sugarloaf tomorrow.
    leaving top 10 snow at saddleback for grooms and icy bumps at da loaf? Does not compute.

Nice score, btw.

Good point. Sugarloaf is cheaper $29 v. $39, lot more lifts going hopefully and closer as I am holed up in Stratton. Will see if I can find any better on Sugarloaf, Ferris, Ferris?

I skied there for the first time last year. It's really something to see what they've done with the glades there, not a single tree branch under 15' in Casablanca, IDK how they did it. Such a gem of a ski hill.

Good point. Sugarloaf is cheaper $29 v. $39, lot more lifts going hopefully and closer as I am holed up in Stratton. Will see if I can find any better on Sugarloaf, Ferris, Ferris?
    Maybe the limited lifts running at da loaf preserved some of the snow in fun areas. Tough to beat the loafs consistent long pitches. You at the belfrey?

Rode the lift with a Patrol who has been cutting glades every summer. Only the slow Rangely Double was running today and they said they had to blow snow at the offloading to get the Kennebago. The glades down off there have some drops an nice shoots.

Checked the web and Sugarloaf reported 8" of new, same as Saddleback. Going to continue on to Sugarloaf. I miss the mountain and it is both closer and I can get lots more vertical in by 2 or so.

Dark Star it very much would have been worth it. Brought my touring gear and all the trails were deep and untracked above the cut across, but there was no need with fresh powder all around.
    Last edited by cat in january; 12-13-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Sugarloaf is rooler for sure. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    not a single tree branch under 15' in Casablanca, IDK how they did it.
    Most likely:
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Likely NEK, I was referring to the tremendous amount of terrain that they've trimmed though, rather than the way they cut the branches down.
    Last edited by rdennhs; 12-13-2014 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    Likely NEK, I was referring to the tremendous amount of terrain that they've trimmed though, rather that the way they cut the branches down.
    it's like a big snowfield with a coupla/few trees that they musta forgot to cut