Page 201 of 230 FirstFirst ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 5745
    Quote Originally Posted by scottski63 View Post
    I have to thank Harvey for the invite and Laslo for the hospitality Sunday. I'm thinking next year we should rent the place and have a party. Plattekill rocks. Attachment 166456Attachment 166457
    That's a great idea.

I will never ski anywhere else in NY, standup owner.

Quote Originally Posted by mtl_ripper View Post
    I still don't get why average people are so excited to ski in November but not April - May... of course for nutbars like the denizens of this forum, there is no run too early or too late. Viva la snow.
    Word!!!

That being said, still many skiing options left. And a few of them will have some lifts spinning.

This week's list: Down to 13 areas. Only 5 daily.

Falling temperatures, snow and options – Eastern Closing Thread 2015 – Week 3
    https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2015...d-2015-week-3/
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Looking good in here!

That back slap was nasty, that was a solid thud. Honestly surprised he didn't knock himself out. Pretty sure some UVM kids stomped that cliff this past weekend.

Speaking of which, I figure I'll share a video that's gotten a decent amount of publicity lately. Filmed by uvm student Brooks Curran featuring Marcus Wadlington. My best day of the season, possibly ever, was spent hiking lines with Marcus, rad skier.

This was just reposted now to Facebook:
    http://www.mountwashingtonavalanchec...gtime-hazards/
    Many highly valuable reminders for all of us there.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    That was a real good refresher, thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    8. Glissade without removing your crampons.

I can’t think of an easier way to get a boot-top spiral fracture of your tibia (shin bone) than sliding down hill with crampons on. This one is so obvious to me, I can’t fathom why anyone would think this is the proper way to use crampons.

I can't tell you how many people I have seen climbing steep stuff in Tux wearing crampons without an axe. Fkn crazy..

33.3` bob with an inch of new snow overnight, still coming down and windy. Where the fuck was this cut off low in March??????

Pesky bear cub is hanging around this AM. Haven't seem momma bear yet but must be close as I don't think the cub pulled a bag of trash out of my truck to the side of the house for breakfast.

Climbs like a mofo, currently sitting out the living room window

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

EAST COAST ROLL CALL #8 14/15 A NEW HOPE

Cool bear but wrong forum jong!

P.s. So much better than that little guy.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Looking good in here!

That back slap was nasty, that was a solid thud. Honestly surprised he didn't knock himself out. Pretty sure some UVM kids stomped that cliff this past weekend.

Speaking of which, I figure I'll share a video that's gotten a decent amount of publicity lately. Filmed by uvm student Brooks Curran featuring Marcus Wadlington. My best day of the season, possibly ever, was spent hiking lines with Marcus, rad skier.

That was fun to watch and was great at reminding me how old I'm getting

Also a close race going on over in the Photo/Video talk MPC. Voting ends today.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...13#post4477713
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

looks like Brooke is following the foot steps of his dad ,brother and sister,all great skiers

Super viddy, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Looking good in here!
    ...Speaking of which, I figure I'll share a video that's gotten a decent amount of publicity lately. Filmed by uvm student Brooks Curran featuring Marcus Wadlington. My best day of the season, possibly ever, was spent hiking lines with Marcus, rad skier.

The sad truth is that whine does not age well

2015 Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest

2015 Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest

The good folks at the Mount Washington Auto Road are doing their best to get the road open for Memorial Day weekend. It looks like they could get in for the prior weekend.

Coolers, folding chairs, grills, grillage all taking place for Slackers of all ages, children and dogs* will be there. We may get 600-700 vertical feet of skiable snow, but we have held forth on as little as 75 vertical feet.

Yours truly will be chillin and grillin all three days (assuming the road is open). Typically the skiing and riding takes place in the Eastern Snowfields, an area well sheltered from the usual breezes.

The 2015 10th Mountain Memorial Day Slalom will be on Memorial Day Monday. It is not a race, the gates are just a way to focus our rememberance. Alternate location is Tuckerman Ravine should the Road be closed; sorry slackers, it has been done before.

The campground at Dolly Copp is usually open for the weekend and is often my base of operations.

* About the dogs: please ensure that dogs that cannot handle 30 degree slopes, crowds, children or other dogs stay with caretakers elsewhere. We don't want our 4-legged friends to get hurt or do hurt. Thanks.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post

* About the dogs: please ensure that dogs that cannot handle 30 degree slopes, crowds, children or other dogs stay with caretakers elsewhere. We don't want our 4-legged friends to get hurt or do hurt. Thanks.
    This. If your dog doesn't stay with you and ends up chasing others downhill or even worse is when you're below and a dog chases up at the downhill rider, then you just suck and shouldn't bring your dog up on the hill. /rant

Sutton website just confirmed closed for the season.

Will most likely head to J on Saturday. Hit me up!
    27° 18°

Just read that too melon! Will likely be at Jay saturday

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    Just read that too melon! Will likely be at Jay saturday
    Cool! Look out for an orange helmet, black pants, possibly yellow jacket, riding a 2014 Jones mtn twin if you want to grab some laps or beers.

Was kinda bummed to see them decide to close, the hill cam looked promising with an inch or so of fresh on the trees.
    27° 18°

Yeah.,. Guessing they wanted a sunny weekend with BBQ and bikini's at the IV chair.... I'll be skinning there tomorrow. I'll definitely look for you at Jay. Should have a crew.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    This. If your dog doesn't stay with you and ends up chasing others downhill or even worse is when you're below and a dog chases up at the downhill rider, then you just suck and shouldn't bring your dog up on the hill. /rant
    Nice blog gramps, but I couldn't agree more. Too many temptations/dangers for me to bring mine but that's just me. Chances are nothing happens but I would never forgive myself if it did.

Great spring stoke all! Digging it as I sit poolside in the 88° land of sunshine heat with a fresh Cigar City.

EOB, great clip, I was in several of those spots multiple times in the last few weeks. Looks like my being gone brings the snow as expected. Hope to catch some next week.

Nice blog gramps, but I couldn't agree more. Too many temptations/dangers for me to bring mine but that's just me. Chances are nothing happens but I would never forgive myself if it did.
    Ahh, it's fresh since it just happened to my friend as I watched. You hike your ass all the way up the hill and have a nice line picked out only to get thrown off it because some touchhole dog owner cannot control his dog. Worse would be actually hitting the poor dog. If that happens to me I'm turning and taking out the owner.

Digging it as I sit poolside in the 88° land of sunshine heat with a fresh Cigar City.
    Sunshine and daydream.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Anyone who the film crew was in tux yesterday? They were hucking some legit carcass.
    Rounding out last Sunday's icefall hucks:

savage^

Some very nice skinning -- and skiing! -- at Okemo today.

I also just noticed that Okemo's uphill policy webpage:
    http://www.okemo.com/mountain-info/u...travel-policy/
    ... has been revised to reference Dynafit rentals:
    http://www.okemo.com/mountain-info/rentals/
    (I don't know if off-site rentals are officially allowed, but multi-day rates are available.)

Also, if anyone here will be at Killington tomorrow morning, be sure to look in the gondola, umm, "transition" area for the perplexed guy trying to find the walk/ski switch on his Dobermann boots and the toe lever release on his Rossi turntable bindings.
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Anybody up at Stowe today?
    dotswax.com

Great shots Tim!! Come on guys support the NEK and buy some prints.
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.