Page 194 of 230 FirstFirst ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 5745
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Your welcome

The Wet Slot holds snow very well. Somehow, 2" can feel like 6" in there.

Was the uppermost section scraped off?

And sweet pics.
    I wish I could have gotten up there one more time before they closed it down for the year. I definitely didn't make my pass worth it.
    Lift broke down almost all morning but by the time they got it open another couple inches fell up top and the trees were windloaded. We
    farmed that whole zone out for sure

uppermost section was deep when we hit it

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    The Easter Bunny delivered the goods at MRG on Sunday. 8-10 inches of cold trackless options off of the single and no lift line. what a great day. It seemed to me to be the last day of winter conditions so bring on the corn fire up the grill and lets keep the party rolling, what a great season.
    Well said Yellofin. MRG certainly did deliver. Felt more like mid winter than Easter. Everything was in play Witnessed a stellar display of driving by Buckethead as he became one with his GTI and fought up an unplowed pass to get us to MRG. Still in amazement ,,,,,,,,
    Hope all had a great good Easter
    Last edited by mtnbiker/boarder; 04-07-2015 at 07:46 AM.
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Your welcome

The Wet Slot holds snow very well. Somehow, 2" can feel like 6" in there.

Was the uppermost section scraped off?

And sweet pics.
    I wish I could have gotten up there one more time before they closed it down for the year. I definitely didn't make my pass worth it.
    Yeah awesome closing weekend at Burke. Summer soft snow and sun on Friday, full on winter on Saturday, followed by a nice EC bluebird powder day for Easter. Great winter in NVT.

Sorry we never met up for turns NEK. Maybe next year!

Thinking early morning at Stowe on Thursday, who's around?

Most definitely an excellent Easter long weekend (in Quebec, this year we say Joyeuse Powques).

Went up to the Laurentians for an overnighter on Friday morning. Friday’s near 50F and blasting sun made for ridiculously fun no coat and sunglasses slush laps all day. Felt like the whole 3’+ base was slush.

Was worried about rain, but woke up Saturday morning to about 2-4” of spring pow. Then the sun came up, all clouds dissipated and temps warmed up enough to make things soft again. Overall great couple of days up north.

Took a drive out East on Monday hoping for more sun and warm temps. What started out as a generally weird and gnarly morning, conditions wise, turned into a surprise spring Powfternoon in the townships; with no lineups, soft base and plenty of fresh tracks.

Also: got these new Now Select bindings before heading out on Friday. Very awesome, super responsive and solid compared to the 14-15 Burton Customs I was riding. Honestly, using them felt like I was cheating. I highly recommend. And!! They are designed by a guy from Quebec (EC steauke!).

At the start of this season, which is the first full season of riding I’ve done in more year than I want to admit (prob more than 10!), I set a modest goal of 30 days on snow. Seemed like a good intersection of achievability and “coreness” for someone who works 40+ hours a week. I managed to achieve that goal on Monday, despite having broken a wrist in early Jan (not part of the original plan). So I’m happy about that and hoping to get in a few more before 14-15 is over. Thx for all the ongoing radness in this thread for keeping me inspired and informed. Def upping the ante to 40 for next year.
    Last edited by danmelon; 04-07-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: beacause commas
    27° 18°

^^^Nice work guy. Lemme know if/when you come back through ctrl VT.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    ^^^Nice work guy. Lemme know if/when you come back through ctrl VT.
    Hey Biggins! Will definitely get in touch when I’m back down that way. I found this awesome new fruit flavored IPA I need to make you try haha (seriously though, its quite good!). And likewise if you come up to Canada, hit me up! Montreal is an excellent city to visit in the summer time. V. good for urban biking. Hope the knee is feeling better man!
    27° 18°

Good stuff danmelon, you picked a good year to get back to it. I'm in the same boat with working 40+ hrs a week but around 30 days too and your posts always get me inspired to get out there!

A few crappy cell shots of today's serious s/c business on the south side of the notch. We did quite a bit of bushwacking (probably more than necessary) but found some pockets of very nice soft snow on some steep, untracked lines as a reward. Makes me "almost" able to justify the cost of a weekday pass for next season, but I'd miss the dark side too much.

Nice shots dan. I got a pair of Drives this season and after a slight break in period to get used to them, I have a hard time riding with any of my other binders.

^^ DOOD, everyone knows that darkside is where it's at
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Sunny up that way! Damn! Way to get after it FD!

Quote Originally Posted by massbmx View Post
    Good stuff danmelon, you picked a good year to get back to it. I'm in the same boat with working 40+ hrs a week but around 30 days too and your posts always get me inspired to get out there!
    Hey thanks man!

Yeah sick shots FD, looks like some deep n creamy good times.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    ^^ DOOD, everyone knows that darkside is where it's at
    Just the pow grin talking, I know I don't belong on the sunny side

FD : nice tour - looks beautiful up
    there!

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Well said Yellofin. MRG certainly did deliver. Felt more like mid winter than Easter. Everything was in play Witnessed a stellar display of driving by Buckethead as he became one with his GTI and fought up an unplowed pass to get us to MRG. Still in amazement ,,,,,,,,
    Hope all had a great good Easter
    mtnbiker forgot to mention his crucial role as spotter: he saw a small dry spot ahead, as we spun slowly towards the gap. once we got tire on pavement we had momentum and a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Just the pow grin talking, I know I don't belong on the sunny side
    C'mon now, we all know it's the beer talking

^

Well, snowboarding + SOS = FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    ^

Well, snowboarding + SOS = FUN!
    WINNING!!!!!

Happy for everyone that managed to make it this past weekend. Great Easter conditions, unfortunately the planned 4-day Vermont family trip got shutdown by my wife and oldest daughter having a really a bad flu and the youngest and myself not feeling great either. I don't recall the last time my wife was this sick. Managed to get away for one hour and makes some turns on one of the local hills.

I'm going to need to get some serious days if I want to make a den into the Fox44 card. I've only managed Titus and Owl's Head. Missed out on Middlebury went Mtl_Ripper was sick...while this week, it was Burke.

Hoping to hit MRG, Bolton, Smuggs, Cannon, Whiteface, Gore & Jay...time is running out.

I've had a hard year which would explain the silence on the internet. Life's challenges ... before starting what has become an annual (didn't want to miss out on an annual thing did I?). A challenging year, but I'm still skiing.

84 ski areas are looking to spin this weekend. Most of them in Quebec. (less than half are open midweek also). Many ski areas are saying one more weekend after a successful Easter weekend in the East. Go for it!!! Still great coverage out there.

Here is the rundown...

Ski Mad World : Early Easter, late Spring : Eastern Closing Thread 2014-15 – Part 1
    https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2015...014-15-part-1/
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

Big skier triggered slide in GOS today. No one injured. Anyone care to share? This coming weekend outta be a shit show on the east side. Careful folks there are some dragons lurking.
    The Passion is in the Risk

$20 finale at plattekill this weekend, hoping that there will still be lots of the good stuff left after the shite forecast, but if there's Ommegang and Keegan's on tap and sun on the deck I won't complain either. Haven't picked a day yet but it'd be fun to ski with some mags if anyone is interested.

http://plattekill.ltibooking.com/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

While I have been busy with my primary "Spring" time profession, I have managed to get out for some excellent tours. I always look forward to the closure of the ski areas and the beginning of spring skiing season. I did manage to get out on Sunday to a place some of you refer to as mighty. It looks like we'll be skiing up there for a while....

I did have to rush home however to get back to the primary task at hand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DrawOff.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	166066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullBarrels.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	287.1 KB 
ID:	166067Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EasterPow.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	166068

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Big skier triggered slide in GOS today. No one injured. Anyone care to share? This coming weekend outta be a shit show on the east side. Careful folks there are some dragons lurking.
    Snagged these offa the Backcountry Touring in the Northeast FB Group.

BEFORE

AFTER

^^ Spooky!
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    This coming weekend outta be a shit show on the east side.
    understatement

Quote Originally Posted by scharny View Post
    Snagged these offa the Backcountry Touring in the Northeast FB Group.

BEFORE

AFTER
    Yikes.