Page 35 of 230 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by robrox View Post
    Here's hoping your out of pocket is zipped and there remains plenty of time for turns!
    FIFY ...I can't let that one die FD!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    So look mom.... I'm published!: http://www.tetongravity.com/story/sk...ady-for-winter

Lol
    Just don't go quitting that day job!

Nice write up. Wish I was there.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Skinned SBn. Significantly less pow then up North....but enough up high for some fun fast skiing, and 0 tracks anywhere. Stowe opening could be great. Really safe conditions to duck ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Really safe conditions to duck ropes.
    Truer words were never written. Waste deep everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    FIFY ...I can't let that one die FD!
    Getting plenty of mileage out of that one aren't you!

vt ski - I was counting on some pics from you of the eastern front.

Sucks about the dish situation FD. Always seems to be something.

They blew a shitload of snow on this trail at Killington. Stoked for the mini.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141121_131827 (1).jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	828.7 KB 
ID:	160666  

Stowe was fantastic today. Probably my best powder run ever for this early in the season, which doesn't say much compared to most of you I'm sure. They were basically spot on with the reports, some places were more windblown but there were also some killer drift stashes.

EAST COAST ROLL CALL #8 14/15 A NEW HOPE

It wasn't deep and it wasn't rad, but turns have been made in CT.

Just wanted to shout out the mountain opps crew at Mohawk; skinned for a few laps and was skiing down the one t2b trail they're blowing on, and I caught zero shit from the snow makers I bumped into. I was ready to get yelled at, but all I got was friendly waves and a "watch out for the hoses, man." Good people at that hill!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    Just wanted to shout out the mountain opps crew at Mohawk; skinned for a few laps and was skiing down the one t2b trail they're blowing on, and I caught zero shit from the snow makers I bumped into. I was ready to get yelled at, but all I got was friendly waves and a "watch out for the hoses, man." Good people at that hill!
    Thats good to hear, after getting thrown off the mtn two different seasons with quite some distance between them, i told rundown ill never come back, paying or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zander View Post
    Thats good to hear, after getting thrown off the mtn two different seasons with quite some distance between them, i told rundown ill never come back, paying or not.
    Yeah, Mohawk is totally fine with skinning. I called 'em up last year to ask what their policy was and they said have at it and be safe. I figured today may have been a stretch cause they're still working on the hill and there were guns all over the trail, but they were cool. I've met the owners a few times and they're great people.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Thanks all...50+ contractor hours later, there is absolutely no damage anywhere else that they have uncovered other than directly under where the dish is located. If the roof itself had been leaking elsewhere he would have found evidence of water in other places.

Local legal beagle contacted this morning, let the fun begin, yippie!!!
    Guessing you are beyond the statute of limitations in your state. Has insurance said this is a covered cause of loss? Or did they just come out to do an inspection?

Edit to say that Jay was awesome today. It skied a true high shin depth and faceshots were plentiful. As the day wore on skiers branched out from the Jet side across the mountain. Still a lot of good skiing to be had but nothing like today.
    Last edited by neufox47; 11-21-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Just don't go quitting that day job!

Nice write up. Wish I was there.
    Yeah... Not what I'm looking to be remembered for, but I thought there were a couple good lines. I tried like hell to get DoWork to give it a makeover, but he must have had to actually work?!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Thanks robrox and powbmps, smile and deal with it is the attitude I'm trying to keep. It's minor shit in the grand scheme of life.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Guessing you are beyond the statute of limitations in your state. Has insurance said this is a covered cause of loss? Or did they just come out to do an inspection?
    Didn't sound like it on the statute but only had a brief convo with the lawyer so not 100% yet. State Farm does not cover "rot" but some smaller insurers do up to a certain limit, usually $10k. The claims guy wasn't optimistic but was cool and said no matter what, he would note the faulty DTV installation in his report so we could use it in any legal action.

Wife just got back from Jay late this afternoon and said it was hopping when she left her meetings around 1:00, hope you got some today. The Jay marketing machine sent out their typical hype pics today that as usual, looked deep.

Nice pics all, hoping to get a few turns in this weekend.
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 11-21-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Fussy D, sorry to see the damage caused by poor sat. installation. I see crap like this all the time where no thought is given to water and where it will go. I watched some contractors spend a couple of weeks at Clay Brook tearing off siding to fix leaks where various roofs intersected. I would add that your 7+ year old half lap is at the end of its lifecycle and should be replaced, stepping on those ripples could easily cause another leak due to how brittle it gets.

20.1 ` and windy bob, no new overnight although the base saw an inch yesterday.
    Sorry Benny, it sure was miserable watching the sunrise this AM as it didn't last that long.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

There were still some goods to be hiked to at Jay. Anything on tramside only has a few tracks down it.

Currently standing in a brutal Hill Farmstead line. Apparently all that construction didnt result in an increase in capacity. Thought 1230 in November would be early enough. Thought wrong.

Hot laps from first chair at the Sun Mountain this morning. Sidewall shots were epic.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Stowe was fantastic today. Probably my best powder run ever for this early in the season, which doesn't say much compared to most of you I'm sure. They were basically spot on with the reports, some places were more windblown but there were also some killer drift stashes.
    Very nice. Thanks.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Stowe was nice today. Skipped the early masses and skied midday, great coverage. Looks like winter too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1416700203446.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	160697  

Had a pretty awesome time at Jay today.

Phone died so no photos.

Something like 3 runs open and two lifts spinning. Some pretty good snow to be found in the closed zones. Fresh and deep in spots. Kinda fun crusin over the grass too. I dinged the heck out of my board on some of the closed trails, but it was worth it.

So much fun and it's not even winter yet.

Stoked.
    27° 18°

I gotta say EorB's photos show Stowe with much more snow than here. Wind has picked up yet again.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Vid from Saturday, youtube did a great job axing the quality.

Feel the burn!

Nice burn you got there EoB!
    Good tune too
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Went to smuggs today to earn some turns and there were tourists toting gear all over the place. Gapers, I thought--not even open and they're wearing gear. Turns out they did a suprise opening by word of bookface...a week worth of new snow and people bookfacing and running laps on a frozen rumrunner...I digress yet again

Edit: What are the chances it doesn't rain tonight, weather people?

wow the Cock, who gives a $h!t what you say ! F#%k you!

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    It's not alpinezone, you can type shit and fuck. It's okay.
    Thats multi-tasking.