Page 214 of 230 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 5745
    This is the real-time webcam on Wildcat:

Just a bit moist up on Agiocochook:
    As of 10AM the cloud was hiding everything above the mid-Lip level
    As of 3:16PM the cloud was showing most of Alpine Garden and all that's left of the Northeast Snowfield
    Last edited by robrox; 06-03-2015 at 01:17 PM.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Some more "guess the ski area"...

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^That's a funny looking hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    We'll played sir!

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Well played sir!
    Agreed!
    The head on that owl is impressive.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

nice shot! if you guys ever want to see some stashes mid winter...

As much as I love winter, it's hard not to love a day like today. I recently made the move back to my birth state and the change in attitude, stress level, and commute is worth the $$25K pay cut. A couple of pics from my ride home today...

"Breathe in the air" ^^

Tacky dirt last night kept the wheels on target. It seems a cycle of biting insects got washed away as I was able to enjoy a short break listening to birdsong unmolested.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

2015-06-04 Hike with Benefits

2015-06-04 Hike with Benefits

The hundred-mile visibility yesterday was perfect for a drive up the Mount Washington Auto Road!
    And while up there, why not take advantage of the perfect weather for a casual hike out to Mount Jefferson?
    Plus bring along an extra ~6.5 lbs of skis, bindings, boots to ski the remaining snow...

As if the views and weather couldn't get any better, the Obs wx fx was spot-on with an undercast for the morning:

Taking in the views of the spectacular undercast was good training for my PNW volcano ski trip later this month:

Hiking out on the Gulfside trail with views of the remaining snow on the other side of Great Gulf and over on Mount Jefferson:

From Jefferson, looking back on the remaining snow of Great Gulf's Sphinx drainage (or whatever it should be called) with Batman flashing its tell-tale late-season Bat Signal in the distance:

Looking back at Great Gulf from a little snow patch just below Jefferson's summit:

On one of my three laps on this little patch I managed to get in the requisite ten turns:

Now enough of that silliness and onto some real skiing at The Beach:

Okay, so that was really from April 29 -- only a little over a month later, the usual (very) late-season vertical of somewhere over 100' with lots of lateral room to play around for multiple laps and pretty much optimal pitch:

On the hike back to the car, stopped first at Pipeline for laps of 150' vertical, although very narrow:

Laps of only 130' vertical (and extremely narrow, probably about to become very sketchy) in Airplane -- unless you wanted to make it through this kind of layover to catch a connecting flight down below:

Batman had barely 100' vertical, but very wide, more relaxed pitch, and less than ten minutes from the car if you want to sneak off for some quick turns while the family is hiking, checking out the weather museum, eating french fries in the lodge, etc.:

(Looks like the NE Snowfield might also be a good option for that judging by the webcam, but I didn't check it out in person.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    "Breathe in the air" ^^

Tacky dirt last night kept the wheels on target. It seems a cycle of biting insects got washed away as I was able to enjoy a short break listening to birdsong unmolested.
    Found the similar bug conditions here in the NEK. But the no-see-ums started coming out around dark and they fed well on us volleyball players.

By June, this is what a serious shred day prep night at the motel resembles. Headed into the gaspesian highlands to hunt for leftovers with danmelon, I am particularly intrigued by runs with triple black diamonds, ghosts, and fally-offy-cliff icons, but, we'll see how she goes there, eh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1433560826403.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	167646  

Pardon the stoke interruption. At least Jonathan is still skiing!

Anyone know a good cabinet maker in the BTV area? If so shoot me a PM. Last guy I had left town and it's clear I won't ever have time to build what I need. Not too elaborate but odd sizes that I need to be exact. Maple with cherry trim so not paint grade. Thanks

Bear Stoke!
    It's mating season...

Quote Originally Posted by mtl_ripper View Post
    By June, this is what a serious shred day prep night at the motel resembles. Headed into the gaspesian highlands to hunt for leftovers with danmelon, I am particularly intrigued by runs with triple black diamonds, ghosts, and fally-offy-cliff icons, but, we'll see how she goes there, eh
    Did she ever go! Good couple of days out on the peninsula. Might try and hobble together a proper TR eventually.

up the cooler:

Down another run:

Shot of our line (middle patch):

Front door:

Eagle:

Love the bear stoke!
    27° 18°

Not quite as rad as the boys up Nord, but I was still pretty happy with shredding Kmart's leftovers. End of the season for me - on to biking!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1433791821169.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	167667  

[QUOTE=danmelon;4503267]Did she ever go! Good couple of days out on the peninsula. Might try and hobble together a proper TR eventually.

up the cooler:

/QUOTE]

Mines are looking much better than I would have thought. The ghosts in the guidebook are my favorite guide icon I have seen. Scary
    Last edited by cat in january; 06-08-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Not quite as rad as the boys up Nord, but I was still pretty happy with shredding Kmart's leftovers. End of the season for me - on to biking!
    Way to work the last of the ec patches
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

So much sleep deprivation... not sure if it was a dream? Came back at almost 3am after skiing, being pulled over by a cop in NH. Selected for a random search of my car at the Canadian border. Driving in the pouring rain as I hit the Ontario border. I need to check the camera to see if I really skied a beautiful day yesterday.

I need to kick myself to write something up.

PS. Jonathan, looks like the longest patch on MTW (unless than Tuckerman) is (was?) in the Snowfield. The longest patch was split in two. The upper half had a 18m vert...lower half 50m. 2-3m vert separating them. Access was way harder than Batman.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

^^ I am starting to hate crossing the border. In fact, sometimes driving 9 hours instead to find the goods without it mattering much what is in my car or how much facial hair I'm rocking, is starting to feel more fun :/

Excellent weekend foray, my calves are pretty worked. Soft boots and steep toe kicks. Off-roadin' multiple biome buchwack beer beach fiesta of goodbye snow season, hurrah

thanks old wagon for gettin' us there and back

danmelon getting close to the undermine zone

of the various biomes 'scwacked, the spruce schwack, as expected, was the worst. Getting clear here

getting ready to shred some more

the playground. still holdin' good times.

VT, NH, QC -- nice to see all the remaining snow getting skied!
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Props and praise to the AWD Subaru. Jah bless.

^^^Way to get after it Madpat!!
    27° 18°

Nice bit of errantry by the new Gaspe Knights!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

nice work guys!

Look forward to meeting more of you ECRC folks in the seasons to come. Now to take advantage of our oh-so-short summery season to do other stuff. Rock on!!!!