Page 203 of 230 FirstFirst ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 5745
    Skiing in the High Peaks in ADK is still good!

Quote Originally Posted by mtl_ripper View Post
    That would be the view South from up on Orford, Owls Head on the left with lake Magog, Jay Peak in the distance
    Awesome pictures Rude...Sutton and Orford summit. One small correction, the lake is Memphremagog. :P

Okay, I'm out of vouchers...7 Foxcard crossed out since April 11 + one Bush voucher + two Fortune vouchers. My pass is good at MSS, but SR is free on Saturday...and Loaf is always good in the Spring. Kmart can wait. Then they are the earn-your-turns options.

Where to ski?

Anyway, here is my weekly list of who's spinning and until when. Go skiing.

Not to bad, only 2 ski resorts that opened last weekend are calling it a season.

Potentially 8 will be spinning this weekend in the East. Only 2 daily.

May or May not? Eastern Closing Thread 2015 – Week 4
    https://madpatski.wordpress.com/2015...d-2015-week-4/
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

The Worth Mtn. Glacier is still T2B!! Just watch out for hazards like undermined snow, crevasses, and rogue Turkeys.

I'm heading to the Whites for the next several days. Probably a west side tour tomorrow and then basing out of N. Conway thru the weekend. Let me know if anyone else will be touring on the rockpile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WorthMtn4:29.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	224.6 KB 
ID:	166640

Thanks for the awesome info and blog update MadPatSki!
    27° 18°

You beat me with the correction Pat! Although not in the photo, we could also see Lac Magog which is smaller and a little further north/east

note the small lakes in the foreground were still frozen!

Gonna be at Kton on Saturday to cheer on the wife in the triathlon. I have one more ticket to give away if anyone wants it. PM me and we can work out a place to pick up.

Hey ECers, I'll be in NH for a week. I'm heading up to Mt Washington tomorrow. Probably gonna be staying at hermit lake for a few days and skiing tuck's. If anyone wants to say hi or take some laps, I'll be rocking a green Patagonia jacket and k2 maiden AKs with beasts.

Confirmed earlier today, Mont Miller is going to open one last weekend at 100% open on natural snow.
    Ski Mad World
    A blog of MadPat's World: A History of Skiing Geography
    http://madpatski.wordpress.com

I'm heading to the bush this weekend, i have lots of quad pack tickets left in anyone wants a discount off the window rate and to make some turns. hoping to do some climbing too, maybe in the notch, maybe fawn's leap. weather is looking good /antijinx
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^ I plan to be there Sat afternoon, maybe Sunday also depending on the kids bball schedule. I might have a buddy who'd be interested in a quad tik, I'll shoot him a message now and pm you as soon as I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    I'm heading up to Mt Washington tomorrow. Probably gonna be staying at hermit lake for a few days and skiing tuck's.
    looking at a possible trip up to Tucks on Saturday, would love to hear what conditions are shaping up to be like this weekend

Surface Whore and I rolled to the Mighty K for opening bell yesterday

Surface on the glacier peak

My buddy Michael drove up from CT to join us for a Cascade hike. Said he was riding with PearlJam recently in CT.

The corn was ripe

Star Wars 7, spotted a storm trooper

And a grizzly silverback, no bikinis spotted today

Shouted and shouted to Buckethead, but his music was too loud for him to hear us, Finally got the timing right for a last chair run

From the steezy umbrella bar

Relaxing at the beach

After Ski lot beverages

Spotted Two toms strutting around in a flock-o-hens in Granville, wish I had more reach on hand. Great day to be out

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Looks like an awesome day at K VTF. Jelly
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Indeed, seems like a fantastic day and a nice beach bevy lineup, but a Bucket sighting and no milk stout, wtf is up with that?

.....sure beats cubicle farming

Looks like a fine thirst was well quenched.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

yeah wish i was out there too looks like a damn good time, I'm living vicariously through you today VTF

Looks good VT-free.

Sitting in Cancun with my thumb up my ass. Coming back Saturday night. Killington Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Looks good VT-free.

Sitting in Cancun with my thumb up my ass. Coming back Saturday night. Killington Sunday?
    shop crew is heading to Kmart on Sunday, i'll be there all day.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Anyone been to George/Tucks lately and know if Dodge's is in?

I was about to write that conditions these past three days in the Northern Presidentials were mid-winter, but I doubt mid-winter ever has such widespread coverage up there.

Route finding above treeline was actually more difficult – especially in the mainly white-out conditions yesterday – since I couldn’t just follow my usual snowfields and snow ribbons, as I was presented by snow everywhere, in all directions.

A few quick pictures for now...

Upon arriving at the hut Tuesday evening, I decided that the caretaker’s snowman needed some skis and poles:

Skiing back to the hut (and I do mean all the way to the hut, no portages), after skiing the Adams snowfields and King Ravine’s Forrest Gumply:

Wednesday, looking back at The Sisters in Castle Ravine, after having earlier in the day skied Baby Sister (furthest left) and South Sister (leftmost of the close-together trio), with Middle Sister and North Sister also looking good (although Twisted Sister / Wicked Stepsister as usual seemed more concept than reality):

The Beach was blissful, albeit not exactly typical beach weather (with Stealth Gully below so fat that I could easily avoid the cornice entirely by skiing through the lower-angle trees):

The top of Abby’s Way not burnt out as usual by now, but instead corniced:

Just wandering around some random go-wherever-you-want-to snowfields after skiing off the summit of Jefferson (and not merely *near* the summit of Jefferson but the actual rockpile of the summit, somehow covered with skiable snow):

Skinning up from the hut Thursday morning before 7, I just knew the day was going to be a good one:

Over the past four years, of the three people who have fallen down this, only one has died, and today would have been a really good day to try that, since the ice bulge seemed completely covered with snow (though I decided not to test that observation):

Looking back over at the western half of King Ravine, after topping out of a line that I never thought could ever be topped out:

Very few official rules in the Northern Presidentials, but mandatory selfie from the King Ravine boulder field:

And a few quick stats:
    45 = trip length (in hours), trailhead-to-trailhead
    100% = increase in guests at the hut the first of my two nights over what is typical there
    2 = people I saw during that 45-hr period (i.e., caretaker and the one other guest)
    0 = guests the prior week (Apr 21-27)
    14.4k = vertical ascended/descended for the 45 hours
    1k = vertical downhiked (amazingly good ratio for the Northern Prez)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

What an awesome TR! And you got yours up before I could post mine from a similar itinerary, two weeks earlier! You definitely got better conditions

Sorry I missed it! Stupid work...

how many wolves died in the making of this TR?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Thanks all, spring at K never disappoints.

Looks great JS, now I'm jelly. Been trying to make it over there but stars have not aligned. House full of city folk arriving tonight = no George for me. Otto?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    how many wolves died in the making of this TR?
    For the second year in a row, so much fun now to ask the hut caretaker if he knows *why* RT3 was armed, and then see the caretaker's reaction to RT3's ostensible reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Otto?
    Otto opening to treeline tomorrow, so although the remaining culvert ice clearing can be delayed by whatever the upcoming weather might bring, still a promising sign for a good DT3 season.

Which reminds me, although the timing of my RMC trip would have been perfect to get a picture of Great Gulf from the north, on Tuesday the winds were so high that I couldn't even make it up to Thunderstorm Junction, on Wednesday I could never see anything that far away, and on Thursday morning this was the best I could get from the summit of Sam Adams:

Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Just a few quick photos from my trip, two weeks ago. As I said, we skied a very similar itinerary: