Page 79 of 230 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 5745
    Quote Originally Posted by thewon View Post
    skiing was fantastic, especially for the last official day of fall. never have been able to ski from summit to car without ever taking skis in fall, or december for that matter.

today was forecasted to be spectacular many days out and with all of the elevation heavy snowfall this week i had a good feeling that summit to car turns would be possible, so the plan was hatched. great to finally get on snow and make my 1st turns of the season right from the summit sign. easties were deluxe, right was a mix of sporty, soft, and hero with one nice slab avy kicked off, but of no consequence.

tux trail from the bowl had great cover for schuss and the sherb was what it is, an exit to the car, pretty sweet. perfect day, 130 mile viz, winds less than 10, and a great crew of 4 that clicked perfectly.

with the warmup coming who knows when the next summit to car will be possible.

thanx a bunch gang

my work shift starts, NOW!
    Very nice indeed.

Below 3k is no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    Tomorrow. It's gonna happen tomorrow, I'll make damn sure of it
    it'll go tomorrow, but be careful in right. got wicked hot in there today, like baking. snow was getting wicked wet, but no mank when we descended. will ski like frozen nightmare tomorrow with the cool temps and cloud cover. you could traverse to left, but word on the street was that it was bulletproof today.

they had left posted at moderate and right at low. after being in there today, those ratings should've been reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Very nice indeed.

Below 3k is no bueno.
    ya the sherb was kinda loud below 3k fer sure. smooth though. nice with metal laminate skis. no chatter

best snow is definitely above 5k and there's tons of acreage to play with. right was nice on the up and down cuz it was sunny. t-shirt weather sunny. left was cold and dark.

Here's some clips from today - LG was firm but edgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Drew, how were the snowfields?

Looks fun. Sluice?
    Snowfields were firmer than I'd hoped. I'd call Sluice a no go. The big nuts run to ski would be Chute. It could go from the top IMO.

Oh and FML "THE MAIN UPPER LOW PASSES WELL TO OUR WEST AS IT MOVES
    THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES. QPF TOTALS FOR LATE TUESDAY INTO THURSDAY
    COULD BE IN THE 2-4 INCH RANGE."

Nothing like 2-4" of rain when it's 45 degrees out to ruin snow.
    Last edited by neufox47; 12-20-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Only got a late afternoon snowshoe in today.

Burke and Cannon Blue Hour by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Here's some clips from today - LG was firm but edgeable.

Snowfields were firmer than I'd hoped. I'd call Sluice a no go. The big nuts run to ski would be Chute. It could go from the top IMO.
    Nice artful dodging the uphillers on left
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

nice clip rob. so many different interesting snow types to be felt by the feet all in one 4300' vert descent. good stuff.

group summit pic:

scoping the easties:

fucking gorgeous morning.

Nice work folks. Thanks for the stoke. Sickter day out there today. Sickter.

Jesus, December stoke is off the charts!

If I could only get myself motivated to get out there. Looked at a few reports this morning and went "meh" and went down to the garage for some projects. I need some better perspective....
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Nothing like 2-4" of rain when it's 45 degrees out to ruin snow.
    x-mas rain. something we can count on

with how much snow there is on the ground around pinkham, and how iron glacial it is, it may withstand the raging torrents and still leave us with more snow on the ground than we normally have in late december. those waterbars could be class 5 tho

nice clip rob. so many different interesting snow types to be felt by the feet all in one 4300' vert descent. good stuff.

group summit pic:

scoping the easties:

fucking gorgeous morning.
    Great photo. Looks like an awesome day- had commitments the night before and couldn't make the alpine start call. Makes me wish I just went on 3 hours sleep.

What a fall.

group summit pic:

[URL="http://s285.photobucket.com/user/icelanticskier/media/IMG_4253.jpg.html"].
    Who booted all in the snow in front of that pack? Looks like it was a rough summit bid. #beenthere

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Who booted all in the snow in front of that pack? Looks like it was a rough summit bid. #beenthere
    ha!

i don't know what that was. looked kinda like coffee, too dark to be piss, didn't look like puke.

Nice vid rob...summed things up well!

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419165888.541813.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	161692

Opening day at Magic was off the charts. Snow was firm, but softened up through the day. Due to the plaster base, everything was skiable. Red Line didn't even have a rope.

19.9` calm with a cloud ceiling of approx. 3200' bob. It was kinda dead around these parts yesterday so I would expect it to be quiet in skiville. The Vashikarans are winning the battle of the front page, as of this post there are only 6 posts left not occupied by their troops.

Nice job with the George hit, the pov spelled it out well.

WTF is up with this glass of hot piss coming this week. [all half full folks will have drank a half glass-o-pee]

edit: now the only non Baba Ji post on the front page DUNNNNNNNFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Some nice views yesterday, nice to finally see the sun.

I, for one, welcome our new Pakistani spamming overlords.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1419170047258.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	161695  

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419171672.083733.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	646.7 KB 
ID:	161696

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419171702.340816.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	815.1 KB 
ID:	161697

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1419171775.637299.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	699.3 KB 
ID:	161698

Ran into another guy with yellow pants enjoying praxis builds at Plattekill. Was great to share those chocolate stouts and vegan sandwiches, Bucket. On the way out a cow was blocking traffic on 30, it was the most we waited for anything all day.

Local cops had it under control though, or maybe supertroopers2 takes place in the Catskills?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Looking good at Platty

At the summit lodge at mount snow. Apparently it's bad telemark skier day here. Lots of very ugly free heels.

Need me to come there and pretty it up for you?
    You took too much man, too much, too much

First day winter did not disappoint. Just about every snow and ice condition was found making for a great day of adventure skiing with good friends.

Will edit later but now finishing the day at the Moat for burgers and beer and the Pats game.

Couple of teasers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1419193882076.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	161707   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1419194128168.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	161708  
    The Passion is in the Risk

^^ Nice lynchie! Was thinking about that option for yesterday as well...

Jeebus I gotta head over to NH at some point this season. That terrain looks like so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Jeebus I gotta head over to NH at some point this season. That terrain looks like so much fun.
    Here you go

Way to get after it.

ps I would give the skiing today a 5. Switching from the Fits to the Drivers was a wise choice. MM with the exception of fresh on Hot Shot was either window pane or the Jolly Green Giant emptied his ice tray on the slope. Firm and noisy but would hold an edge anywhere on the bump, so lapped some mogul runs for fun.
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 12-21-2014 at 03:27 PM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime