Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    nice in here

Ok, since it's not even close to real skiing yet and the trees are no longer sucking up the water, this season is kicking in with every rain storm. Guys running this stuff are just nuts, beyond nuts.

Stolen from the other thread -

There is some scary shit in that video. Lost two good friends a long time ago in a river.

EC mags see this Powder article about sanctioned/maintained backcountry skiing in VT? feel like there was a thread elsewhere about this last winter...

http://www.powder.com/stories/news/v...medium=twitter
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Hai ECRC! I have been successfully dissuaded from taking up a new hobby! HOLY FUCK!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    EC mags see this Powder article about sanctioned/maintained backcountry skiing in VT? feel like there was a thread elsewhere about this last winter...

Pretty stoked about this event. Should be a good time. The talented Brian Mohr of Ember Photography is leading the charge on this one. I was fortunate enough to have Brian photograph my wedding on Block Island last summer. Great guy...we offered him lodging but he insisted on setting up a tent site on my wife's grandmother's property...pretty rad.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Is my son old enough to start skiing? He's 3 days old. Is he ready for black diamonds?!
    Congratulations!

Although only three days old -- that would be crazy.

Even I waited until our daughter was four days old to take her out with me skiing:

... although I skipped taking her with me the previous two days only because the weather was bitterly cold.
    (And yes, that is golf course flat -- literally.)
    Almost five years later now, I need to measure her foot length again -- the new Scarpa F1 Evo comes in a 21.5!
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Oliver Wholz View Post
    nice in here
    Damn, I thought rawj was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    There is some scary shit in that video. Lost two good friends a long time ago in a river.
    That is sad, sorry to hear that. Years ago when I first got into whitewater I used to read the accident journal similar the NA mountaineering accidents book. It was then when I realized that I would only take that sport so far. Truly the scariest sport I've ever participated in.

So this was done recently by a very wealthy land owner. His house sits off to the right of this picture at the top. I guess he just wanted to look down at clean manicured woods. It's a 25-30 degree pitch and maybe 75 yards wide. What he'll be looking at this winter is my tracks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post

I'm curious about the outcome of the "memorandum of understanding". Please keep us posted.

Ummmm...yeah.

I am ready.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Ok, since it's not even close to real skiing yet and the trees are no longer sucking up the water, this season is kicking in with every rain storm. Guys running this stuff are just nuts, beyond nuts.

Stolen from the other thread -
    2:15 is in the running for best Harry Potter ever.

Some of that stuff doesn't look like it's rowdy fun even if it goes right.

Ya, gonna get those trees out of Sandy Stream tomorrow, so we don't end up on the next video. Already had a close encounter with last year's swimmer of the year video. Staying away from the fellow at 12:30 next time I'm on the river!

It's an incredibly fun drop when you stay in your boat... Didn't come in this round of rain.

Good to see the new thread up! Won't be making it to ULLR Fest this year, but hope to see some of you at ESAW in a few weeks and out and about once the season kicks in.

I'm in on this. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll make it to Ullrfest this year.

Feeling SERIOUS about my home coast season this year!

SKIING on:
    lhasa 186 carbon duke mod

***in search of ice rider / mantra look alike **

piece of shit bridges that i hate, stolen from horrible friend that i also hate

hoping to make the foray into some black diamond factor 110's and slap some of those new toe din fritschis on something very light and very sexy. Recommendations welcome! In fact, I think ill make a thread out of it.

peace, ice, and puff jackets

Quote Originally Posted by Sloafer11' View Post
    Feeling SERIOUS about my home coast season this year!

SKIING on:
    lhasa 186 carbon duke mod

***in search of ice rider / mantra look alike **

piece of shit bridges that i hate, stolen from horrible friend that i also hate

hoping to make the foray into some black diamond factor 110's and slap some of those new toe din fritschis on something very light and very sexy. Recommendations welcome! In fact, I think ill make a thread out of it.

peace, ice, and puff jackets
    Go with the kendo if you liked the old mantra. Rocks on ice.

Ullrfest may deliver some frozen precip in S. VT?
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    Ullrfest may deliver some frozen precip in S. VT?
    So someone's picking up the luge?...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Nice to see another ECRC up and running. Sad that I won't be making any turns this year due to being 4 weeks removed from ACL reconstruction.

I got credit for the family's season passes at Killington so the plan is to still make trips to VT (gotta keep the family skiing) but spread them out to other mountains... Especially Sugarbush and Magic. I'll shout out here when we do.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Subscribed
    Local stash cleaning done

And hoping that we get early storm - last day of Oct three years ago
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

^^^^
    Nice work!

Woodbox got buffed today, and a bit wider. Frigging rained every minute of the work day!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Couldn't make it to Ullr either, I know I'm missing out right now.

Thanks for starting the new thread up, VTF. Thought it might be appropriate to get a few pics of you up here.

Hope everyone has an awesome and stoke filled winter.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Do you have any good pictures of VT-F?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

43 in the valley. 39 up on the hill. Breeze is rather warm this morning. ..Soon grasshopper...Mrs. and I ironed some old skins last night--fresh as a new sheet at the Gut (3-0 btw, Go Cats Go!) and we saved some coin! ML, I like the framing with the birch in the confier stand, very Vermonter.
    Question for the Mtb guys, Does anybody remove Stans for the winter? I've found that once that shit dries, forget about it. I'm thinking of wiping it clean while it's still liquid and then starting fresh in the spring, although it'll still be a few more weeks anyway.
    Last edited by Greenstateofmind; 10-19-2014 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Nice to see another ECRC up and running. Sad that I won't be making any turns this year due to being 4 weeks removed from ACL reconstruction.

I got credit for the family's season passes at Killington so the plan is to still make trips to VT (gotta keep the family skiing) but spread them out to other mountains... Especially Sugarbush and Magic. I'll shout out here when we do.
    Bummer. Good for you keeping the family coming up. Best of luck with the rehab.

Thanks NoPostholio for the reminder, I have some pruning I need to get to.

Great shots of Vt-Freheel there ml242.

Saw higher in Portland last night and thought of the crew watching it up at Magic. Hope the heads are relatively in tact this am. Great ski movie. Jeremy created a compelling story line. Recommend the movie when it comes out on itunes or dvd as a holiday gift.