Recommend an LBS -Salt Lake City area

I took my Transition Dirtbag in to the shop I have been going to for years for a fork rebuild and tune up.
    I even took the time to clean the bike, and make it sparkly for the guys to work on.

Anyhow, I got the bike back after a few days and they did top notch work like what I am used to, however, I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT attitude change with the employees since the last time I was in there. I didn't see the owner or any of the people I am used to seeing in the shop (though the last time I was in there was 2-3 years ago).

In short, the guy I was dealing with was a complete dick. While this shop does specialize in gravity type riding, the attitude change is so off putting, I want to take my business elsewhere.

Any recommendations?
    -James

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It doesn't behave well until it's going mach retarded.

Slim and Knobbies - Heber, but I won't go anywhere else.
    "The world is a very puzzling place. If you're not willing to be puzzled you just become a replica of someone else's mind." Chomsky

"This system make of us slaves. Without dignity. Without depth. No? With a devil in our pocket. This incredible money in our pocket. This money. This shit. This nothing. This paper who have nothing inside." Jodorowsky

Give Cottonwood Cyclery a look. They have a new emp who is a gravity lover.

Mill creek bikes is well respected.

Storm cycles in kimball junction has some good wrenches and the right attitude. They're new but I like what I've seen from them so far.

revolution has a couple excellent wrenches
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I'd honestly say pass the feedback on to an owner or manager and give them another shot if you've been happy with their service in the past and they do good work. If someone is acting like a dick while the owner isnt there to babysit I bet they would like to know about it. There have been several race/demo events down south the past few weekends so it's possible they were thin staffed without as much oversight as they normally have. SLC has some pretty solid LBS options but I'd have trouble giving up on one I liked based off of one bad experience.

I agree with Catch22.

If you are talking about "the" downhill gravity shop that most would assume you are - at least one employee is a dick. Myself and at least two other people I ride with will ask for someone else when there. V and K are great and do good work; but, the shop does employ at least one dick. If you are not talking about the same shop ...your post applies there as well. I'd let the owner know.

As for Revolution, sadly Ryan Keating has moved on to other avenues of life. That dude was the best wrench with the best friendly attitude. Revolution may still be a great shop, I just know that Ryan was the reason so many people were fans for so long. I haven't been to Revolution since Ryan left and therefore can't speak for how the shop is run currently.

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    Salt Cycles in Sandy.
    2073 E 9400 S, Sandy, UT 84093, United States
    (801) 943-8502

Jason, the owner, is as straight a shooter as they come. Nothing but good things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by powder4breakfast View Post
    As for Revolution, sadly Ryan Keating has moved on to other avenues of life. That dude was the best wrench with the best friendly attitude. Revolution may still be a great shop, I just know that Ryan was the reason so many people were fans for so long. I haven't been to Revolution since Ryan left and therefore can't speak for how the shop is run currently.
    Revolution is on my way home from work. I never knew Ryan and I have never had major work done there, but I am in there all the time for cables, housing, rebuild kits, etc. and everyone I have dealt with has always been very helpful and friendly. Prices on the rebuild kits and stuff are basically no more than you would pay on Jensen/Pricepoint after shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Revolution is on my way home from work. I never knew Ryan and I have never had major work done there, but I am in there all the time for cables, housing, rebuild kits, etc. and everyone I have dealt with has always been very helpful and friendly. Prices on the rebuild kits and stuff are basically no more than you would pay on Jensen/Pricepoint after shipping.
    Good to hear the shop is still the same great place. It is also close to my house. I will have to stop in next time I need something.

Revolution also just acquired a very good mechanic from Slim and Knobbies.
    To the OP, if it is the shop we're all thinking of, you should call or email Scott and tell him about your experience.

Haha

Yeah S, V, and K are far tool cool and have been doing this far too long to let some D ruin it for them. Let S know ASAP.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Finstah Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Revolution also just acquired a very good mechanic from Slim and Knobbies.
    He has left for Canyon Bikes already.

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post
    He has left for Canyon Bikes already.
    Finstah = T?

I'll say that in addition to S, V, and K being very awesome at G-R, I think J is rad and am stoked that he has returned to the land of Zion. Those are really the only four guys I've ever dealt with there and all have had solid attitudes and been very helpful. Thanks goodness that F's G only stayed around there one summer, dude was always installing my forks backwards and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Thanks goodness that F's G only stayed around there one summer, dude was always installing my forks backwards and shit.
    OMG LOL

OTOH, WTF?

AARP
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I stopped in last night to see if they had a shoe I've been looking at in my size (X Alp Enduro). They had them in my size at what appeared to be about 25% off full retail prices I had seen online. Stoked! When they rang them up though the price came up as the full retail price. Turns out they were on the wrong shelf, but they gave me a 10% discount anyway.