Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Would you ever ski over another's skis if they are in your way?

You don't eat paleo do you?

Any good books on mountain life you'd recommend?
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

What is your best memory Skiing as a Kid? And have you ever Skied Alta?

Who is your favourite skiier of all time?
    If you are getting rad but there is no one to see you. Are you really getting rad at all?

Dear Seth,
    Thank you for being here. Watching your video, you are legend and it seemed that you can prejudge so that you could immediately choose a challenge meanwhile safe route to ski. For the recent great loss news, I've studied from some rescue websites, they suggest that
    1)"Try not to trigger your avalanche because where the powder is the best, wherein the snow is most volatile."
    How can you prejudge it while you are in a high-speeding skiing?
    2)"Check your local avalanche advisory report." In my opinion, it's true, Since we had already known that there were volcanic eruption in Japan on Sep,27, probably we can forecast there probably are earth's surface undulation on the other symmetric side in the following days (Sep 30 ~Oct 14).
    What else in report should be noticed? Yet, even we foresee these warnings, how can the passionate sporter be persuaded?
    3) You had ever in an accident, Would you have some suggestion to us?
    4) Watching you skiing, it seems that you can regain your balance quickly & steady. Any tips?
    I hope all skiers are well protected and safe. Thank you, Seth. God Bless you.

Thoughts that go through your mind before you hit a big cliff or drop?

Seth: Aunt Jemima or pure maple syrup? Were you really born in Kentucky?

In Attack of La Nina, Richard Permin said "I don't know how Seth Morrison does this shit". So how do you keeping stomping big lines and drops and stay healthy?

What is your plan to deal with the impending Ebola zombie apocalypse?

What's your favourite dinosaur?

Seth the homies and I must know: what is your favorite method for shot gunning a bear and will you come visit the Casa de la Crib Shack at Killington to show the homies how you rage on and off the mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by vailszendrei View Post
    Why was the 2012 Obsethed so awesome? How often do you ski Jackson?
    You tell me you seemed to like it. Not in many years, last times with TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    If full tilt hadn't happened, do you think you'd be one of those guys still scrounging flexons?
    Yes and would have probably tried many other boots along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by daver View Post
    What Taco Bell did you work at? Favorite item?
    Jackson Hole, never ate there when I worked there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer19 View Post
    What was it like growing up?
    I'm grown up?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Related question: Heidi Montag is from Crested Butte too. Did you know her ?
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Seth, it's been a long time, but we rode together during the freestyle championships at Crested Butte back in 1995-6, perhaps?

Remember?...I sat across from you on the bus from the town to the hill...it was awesome.

Just wondering... Was that bus ride as influential for you and would you consider it the turning point of your career?
    Freestyle Championships? Never road the bus, I flew in.

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Seth; have you, or do you plan to ski a burly line using a british harrier jet with vertical takeoff and landing potential? Does it have a ski rack mounted under the wings? Will you perform avy control with the wing mounted missiles before you ski the line? Did your, will your sponsors provide a free pilot and unlimited gas card for jet fuel? Can I come too?
    This all sounds great, will let you know, your first on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Is there any future for these convex base shapes like the spoon? Or is it a fad?
    I think so, was laughed at about the idea years ago, seems like a fun powder day quiver ski.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    what do you think about snowboarders?
    They are people to.

Quote Originally Posted by thet0ad View Post
    Seth: You almost died in a heli accident. As you get older, and with all the recent deaths in the sport, have you thought about taking a year off or a long beach vacation to go surfing? Or are we going to still be seeing sweet ass backflips from you at 50?
    Surfing, oh man. Skiing is all I know, So I'll stick with it. You always worry about the risks, but you can't let that get in the way of living.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    What are your thoughts on deaths in the sport?

How do you evaluate risk?

Will Tahoe get skunked again this year?
    Its a sad part of the sport. The more people I meet the more people pass on. We try and learn from the accidents and use it towards our daily endeavors. Sometimes I just don't go skiing. Risk Evalation-Look around, know the history of the season, work into the day. Tahoe weather prediction...

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontana View Post
    ^this. And.. How the hell did you not die? What is the arc of your risk taking in your career and how- or was it? influenced by deaths of fellow athletes?
    Its weird to think that way, when you look at all the people out there doing these kinds of things its amazing that there hasn't been more accidents or helicopter crashes. Its a serious game out there and nothing should ever be taken lightly in the backcountry. The conditions always play the main role in your choice of risk, as well as the history if there is any for that particular area.

Quote Originally Posted by steff View Post
    carhartts or dickies?
    Oakley

chicken or fish?
    Both

cats or dogs?
    both

Seth is the no nonsense and borderline surly. I love it!

The music in your segments is always fucking weird but awesome.

What's your preferred chairlift banter about? Or are you the guy who doesn't say shit to happy tourons?
    Zone Controller

Seth, how often do you practise avalanche rescue techniques when in the backcountry? Surely even pros with heli backup need to keep on top of that stuff!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoIKnowYou? View Post
    Shit snow and no people.

my favorite answer so far

Please leave us with some philosophical critiques of ski culture and ideas on how to elevate oneself above the muck. We are lowly maggots after all.
    Zone Controller

Seth:

Do you have any advice for Benny, on how to get laid in Summit County?

Do you make enough money from skiing to avoid the need for a summer job? Could you retire right now and have enough cash to never have to work again?

How often do you get to turn left?

Wish I could hang around....
    ​I am not in your hurry

Best female ripper today?

Favorite line in Stone Creek?

Backflip off of Tuts this year?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Seth you are the greatest of all time ever.

Favorite punk bands?
    Worst injury sustained?
    Biggest cliff drop?
    Scariest line skied?

PS. skied Selkirk and i saw firsthand the enormous cliff you hit there. Impressive!

Thanks bro
    Last edited by DocChronic; 10-17-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Hey Seth long time listener, first time caller; I have a few questions for you:

1. What is your favorite method for shot gunning a beer*?

2. Will there ever be an end to ski poles?

3. Is the yeti real?

4. True or False... the east coast is the beast coast.

5. How can I convince my snowboard friends that Im cooler than they are?

What goes through your mind before you send a huge inverted air? Do you visualize the trick and the stomp, clear out all thoughts or...?

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleskier View Post
    If you are traveling at the speed of light and turn your headlights on; what really happens?
    I would say your not going to notice, your going so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by YoEddy View Post
    How do you approach flashing a line while being filmed as compared to when you're not "on"? I mean, we see some amazing shit on film and I'm wondering how much of those incredible lines have been scoped-out from a helo, previous intel/experience, etc. versus how often they're flashed sight unseen.
    Its that way sometimes and then not, meaning maybe you have been going back to this zone year after year. Or its on the list during the trip. Over the years you have more opportunity to spend time. In the past it was like there it is, heres your polaroid, have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Seth: I've heard you're a big fan of riding mountain bikes. What's your favorite trail to ride in Summit/Eagle County? Favorite place to ride anywhere?
    I like the CO trail rides there. A loop I like from Frisco is up the bike path, up the CO trail on the SKY Chutes side, descend to the peaks trail back to Frisco, or make the turn on the Wheeler trail, sick views once your off Breckenridge resort and your riding for a good while at 12,000 feet. Summit has some good trail at high elevations that are quick to get up on.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_pfeifer View Post
    Seth-

What is your favorite zone at Vail?
    EV

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i'm guessing you didn't practice hucking into air bags when you got started...describe for us how you progressed beyond human sized drops.

Jumping into lakes off cliffs, then it was water ramps at High North camp

is there a height above which you were puckered no matter how many times you practiced it?

Its all realative the more you do it, the less effected you are.

for those of us who will never drop anything taller than ourselves, is there a height at which it no longer matters how high it is? (ie, 35' = 50' = 75')

100+

what are the ideal slope angles for safe landings?

Steep

at what height do you expect to just crater instead of stomping the landing & skiing out of it?
    70+

when you first stood on top of an alaskan spine, did you get advice on how to ski it?
    do filmmakers give you notes on how to ride the slope?
    No you just went for it, nobody really knew what we know today.

have any directors pissed you off with requests? or asked you to do things you thought were too dangerous?
    Oh for sure, its easy to armchair from a spot. Its nice when the guide steps in to say something, if they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLarger View Post
    Explain me this. I have seen you do HUGE backflips/etc.. How is it you don't compress and crumble under the load of gravity? What is it with the physics I don't understand?

This is a good example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzixX5sQixE

Oh, and by the way, is that in Lyngen, Norway?
    You need to have a deep landing, with snow that goes deep with no hard layers. There are days when you know you can do this, some areas like BC have that kinda snow on a consistent basis. Yes LYngen

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Dunfee View Post
    Why did you, ultimately, decide Summit County was the place you wanted to base out of?

When you're not skiing, what does your day look like?
    Early season skiing, terrain parks, close to a major airport.

My summer day includes cycling, home chores, emails, researching. Parts of it seem so easy, yet there are lots of people that want your time, and there is only so much of it in the day and managing it with training is the hardest part. This year I have mostly been training something I haven't been able to do in years, to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd mate View Post
    Why did my wife throw away my 2004 POWDER Gear Guide? My master plan was to have you sign it someday???????
    Did you know my 5 year old kids name is Morrison? His favorite skier is JP(seriously). He loves to watch him ski "on the roofs."
    Can you please bring back the punk tops from the seth pistol? Or at least the bases from the 05 model?
    Should I have the operation where I cant have any more kids? 2 seems like plenty.
    Thanks those are great. K2 got in trouble with the Sex pistols for that, like many of the things we did at those times. These days I would rather have a black base rather than all the die cut, black is fast. Snip it.

who mentored you as a pro freeskier?
    local people, helping with technique, ski racing really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRox View Post
    Hi Seth,

My wife is pregnant with my 1st child, a girl. 2 questions.

1. Any good girl name suggestions?

2. Would you recommend that I get rid of my guns or just get a good safe and keep them?

You're the fucking man by the way, in my unprofessional opinion you turn the least and fucking murder shit. Love it!
    1. Something close to your heart.
    2. get a safe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark_star View Post
    1) What do you think is the most important quality in a pro skier? What's the hardest part for you of your job?

2) If you had to work a 9-5 job but you could do anything, what would you do?
    1. Stopping to take the time. Stopping to take the time.
    2.This is it.

Hi Seth, Wondered if you have skiied Australia, and if not, will you?

Andreas Fransson

Did you ever get to rip Cham with Andreas Fransson?