Cool Salt Lake City Subaru Service

Got a Subaru in Salt Lake City with my Daughter. Anybody have any good recommendations for a Auto Mechanic or Service Center ? She's got 90,000 miles on the pup and I haven't seen it in a year and won't get to until this spring when I go to chase pow. Stellar-ship wants $700 to change spark plugs and check things like cv boots and belts and brakes.

Many thanks in advance.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    bob mc and advanced auto services are the answer to your auto dilemmas
    and free homemade cookies
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

$700 is absurd. Like SFB said, I've heard good things about BobMC.

I'm in SLC and am not a certified mechanic but I've done a lot of brakes and a handful if plugs, wires, and serp belts. If she wants to bring it over, I can take a look at her pad life. If needed, I would do the brakes, plugs/wires, and serp belt for material cost (maybe $200?) and $100 or so for the work?

You folks rock.
    SkiFishBum, you have been a fan of mine for a long time. You keep me going here in Flat land until I finally get to travel to Solitude. (My favorite place in the world right now)
    OldSchool 1080, may take you up on the offer, I'll check with her and see if shes feels comfortable with a stranger.

Either way, many, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool1080s View Post
    $700 is absurd. Like SFB said, I've heard good things about BobMC.

I'm in SLC and am not a certified mechanic but I've done a lot of brakes and a handful if plugs, wires, and serp belts. If she wants to bring it over, I can take a look at her pad life. If needed, I would do the brakes, plugs/wires, and serp belt for material cost (maybe $200?) and $100 or so for the work?
    I'm sure you know this already, but spark plugs on a Subaru aren't exactly easily accessed.
    If there is oil on your plugs, get ready to be doing plug seals and a valve cover gasket. That turned my 5 hr timing belt job into an 8 hour one.