Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Is San Francisco the Douchiest City?

swearing in front of the kids and whatnot?
    Hugh is spot-on about the 'tech bros', they suck!

crab in my shoe mouth

hahahahhahaha, what a bunch of nerds. That was funny shit.

What's the real story? Can this field be 'booked'? It sorta sounds like nooooot.

SF seems to be a weird city to be in at times.

It seems like both sides are douches and the kids are trying to play the poor card without even truly knowing how these 'bros' are. What if the 'bros' are just Hugh and his friends on lunch from the factory?

Not all of the tech bros are douchey and entitled, but too many of them are. SF was always kind of a shithole, but at least it had its charm... which is disappearing quickly. The trend I'm starting to see is that bay area natives all live around the bay and the techie's from whereever occupy the city.

The whole field reservations thing is new... and not going over well.

Meet the players.

https://www.dropbox.com/about

Saw that on Facebook, and my reaction then, and now, is that it's just depressing.

That's the white man's M.O. (spoken from a lily white cracker ass cracker)

SF is nerds with money that think they can buy cool. Oakland is nerds with money that act like they don't have money and can buy cool.

However, both places have some extremely cool people and very cool restaurants and bars. I'd give it a 1:5 ratio actual cool vs not cool. I really miss the creative food and bars.

Grown white people playing soccer is pretty douchy. In matching t shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Oh damn, read the bio's. Maggie is a firecracker!!

spook Guest
    s.f. and the bay area in general have all kinds of issues but I'd still rather live there than anywhere on the east coast. a better question with an easier answer would be is the u.s. the "douchiest" nation on planet earth?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    However, both places have some extremely cool people and very cool restaurants and bars. I'd give it a 1:5 ratio actual cool vs not cool. I really miss the creative food and bars.
    in 2014 that's only true if you are a douche too

spook - it's mostly east coasters/midwesterners. just look at that dropbox list.

I dunno, I just moved to Sac and shit does not hit the mark. I have my SF spots that I miss dearly. Mostly all dive joints, I cant/dont afford the fancy shit and I dont really like it either. Good Mong Kok, Pakwan, etc. simple, cheap and amazing imo.

Whatever happened to TV dinners and riding lawnmowers?

Which group calls it frisco?

Soccer…Fucking awful……. and calling it football does not make it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    swearing in front of the kids and whatnot?
    Hugh is spot-on about the 'tech bros', they suck!

To answer your question, no.

Washington DC is the dooshiest city on the planet.

You're welcome.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

What a bunch of bullshit being promoted by self loathing white bloggers on a holy anti- "tech-bros" mission.

Five evenings a week, the park is open to anyone who wants to use it. Two nights a week for a couple hours the city offers reservations. The neighborhood isn't happy with this system but couldn't gather the signatures necessary to overturn it so (in this case) they're blocking people who followed the city's guidelines for reservation and use. Reservations are available to anyone by calling the city. For these guys to get the $27 rate they mention in the video they have to show their drivers license and a local utility bill to prove they live in the area. This park used to be a total shit hole with blacktop and drug users until it was renovated to it's current state. Revenue from reservations helps to maintain the park.

It's well known to everyone in the neighborhood that reservations are available two nights a week and it's also posted. So, basically the guy with the broken finger is lying about there never having been a reservation system in place.

The douche is the guy in the PSG track jacket, proposing that he has some special right to the field that supersedes everyone else. Welcome to city living turd locker... Everyone has access to public resources, including people who have lived there less than 20 years. In a city of X million people, systems are put in place to make sure everyone gets a turn and if other people want to play, they don't have to win the field from you. If you'd like to manage your own field, go buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
    To answer your question, no.

Washington DC is the dooshiest city on the planet.

You're welcome.
    Probably true. SF and Seattle come close. If you count LA's West Side as it's own "city" I think that would be the winner, tho.

I can't believe this didn't occur to me first thing, but let's not forget San Diego. It's like douchebag Mecca.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    What a bunch of bullshit being promoted by self loathing white bloggers on a holy anti- "tech-bros" mission.
    save the overprivileged white people (and approved minorities)! they are under attack!

SF, Seattle, LA, San Diego, DC, what's the fucking difference? It's the same management/sales/marketing from a "good" college, <40, politically center-left (except for some sociopath libertarians), they like "artisan" foods but live a chain lifestyle. It's the same fucking people. some of them are outdoorsy (most just pretend)

edit: seen just below

Conor Welch, who works as a "Community Support Lead" for Airbnb, is the man seen with the permit.
    He really over-delivered on his job title.

This is less about the confrontation (if you could call it that) than it is about the hostilities/vibes in the Mission regarding the "locals" (if you can call them that) less than open welcome to corp buses, escalating rents, "new-comers" (if you can call them that), etc. "Locals" tend to dislike anything that changes the status quo, unless of course, they directly benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    "Locals" tend to dislike anything that changes the status quo, unless of course, they directly benefit from it.
    They should totally get behind changes that don't directly benefit them.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    They should totally get behind changes that don't directly benefit them.
    the tech people are so polite, welcoming, open and respectful of the "locals" why wouldn't they?