Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hell yeah, that looked fun!

Great TR!

Thanks everyone. I'll get some more South America adventures up on here soon.

Awesome! Love the stoke level at the bottom.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Big shit. Nice work!

Wow.....frickin amazing!!!

Actually was searching Cerro Rincon after remembering a buddies story. Funny this TR is so recent.

CP1, mag name, skied it off the summit in maybe '02. I sent him this TR and told him to add some old school photos.
    Donjoy to the World!

I would love to see some photos of this area from when it used to actually snow in the Andes.

This area is above Vallecitos, a ski resort that has been closed for a few years. We went late September / early October, and you had about 6 hours / 3,000something feet of dirt walking above the ski resort to get to the snow. So that's how much things have changed since the resort used to run.

I imagine this stuff would be way more challenging (and fun) in full winter conditions with snow in Vallecitos. And cold!

There were also quite a few lines that would definitely be filled in with a deeper base.

With snow to the valley (which never really happened), you could more or less ski fall line from the summit of Cerro Plata to Potrerillos. That's a quick 16,500ft vertical ski descent. Not bad.

That's a little more beta then I would like to put on the internet.... oh well.