Video Editing Help

A friend on mine just upgraded his Gopro to the new 4 and gave me his older 2. So, I have never used a Gopro before or shot vids either. So a flat newbie at this. First, I had serious problems just download vids to my computer as I still have XP and this camera doesn't like XP. Well, with a number of tricks I can now download and save vids into my computer. Now, I need a EASY to use FREE video editor that will work with Gopro and XP. Last nite I played with a trial version of Wondershare and the results were good but complicated and hours of waiting. Plus probably not a good choice for XP and costly. So, any help here. THANKS

So you want an easy and free option of something people spend their whole life mastering? Fuck off.

If you're serious and you want to learn editing, use lightworks. It's free but it's a robust NLE and not just jamming clips together and calling it an edit.

And the fact you are trying to edit h.264 natively on a machine that is probably 5 years old and wasn't high end to begin with = lulz
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

^^^You don't read too good obviously.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    He has an XP machine... less than a Windows 7 machine.. which is the lowest supported by GoPro
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

oh and wrong forum...

JONG
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

If you're still rocking XP, then you need a lot more help than any advice on an internet forum could ever give you. Buy a new computer, or at least something from the last decade, then come back to ask for help, in which we'll probably all advise you to pony up for some decent software like Final Cut Pro or Sony Vegas. Now go spend some money for the tools you so desire, you cheapskate.

You can try Windows Movie Maker. It might already be installed on your machine, or should come with XP Service Pack 2. It's very basic, but might be a good place for you to start.

I'd be more concerned with what your current machine can handle as far as graphics card, and processor speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    A friend on mine just upgraded his Gopro to the new 4 and gave me his older 2. So, I have never used a Gopro before or shot vids either. So a flat newbie at this. First, I had serious problems just download vids to my computer as I still have XP and this camera doesn't like XP. Well, with a number of tricks I can now download and save vids into my computer. Now, I need a EASY to use FREE video editor that will work with Gopro and XP. Last nite I played with a trial version of Wondershare and the results were good but complicated and hours of waiting. Plus probably not a good choice for XP and costly. So, any help here. THANKS
    Hey man, I'm using Wonderfox free hd video converter factory. A good choice for you as well?