Thread: Humira

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Humira

Who's on it? How long until your symptoms improved? Any crazy side effects? Just started Tuesday with 4 injections. Little injector pen bastards actually hurt more than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Who's on it? How long until your symptoms improved? Any crazy side effects? Just started Tuesday with 4 injections. Little injector pen bastards actually hurt more than I expected.
    I've been trying on it for 6 years. It's kept me healthy. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. Biggest issue I've had is the logistics of international travel and refrigeration.

What are you taking it for?
    I have Crohn's & once my remicade stopped working & I developed some serious issues I got put on it
    Been on it for a year now. Working fine. Healed me up good.
    Side effects- Numb extremities, head aches & nausea but all are way better than Crohns.
    Hope it works for you.
    ...and yeah that shit does hurt more than you would expect.

Well I guess the Humira wasn't cutting it. Flared up bad last month and spent 3 days in the hospital. Still not right and its been over a month since I was released. Been tapering off of Prednisone ever since and on 75mgs of 6MP now.

In the hospital they did another CT and found that I have lots of thickening and scar tissue in the terminal ileum and appendix. Big appendicolith in there too. Resection is a good possibility.

I still feel crappy. Tired all the time. Lost alot of muscle. Gut is always aching. Seeing a new doc at UPenn for a second opinion in April. I want this fixed, but I also don't want to throw away yet another summer. Mentally I don't know how much more of this I can take.

I got clean and sober and work my ass off and this is the payoff? Good times.

I recently found out about "low dose naltrexone". It appears people have success on it for conditions treated with Humira. Might want to check it out.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I'm on Enbrel. Been a life saver this past 12 years.
    Single 50mg syringe per week doesn't hurt much.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Just had the appendix removed. Hoping this shitty useless piece of flesh was the cause of my issues.