I would agree on Hughes. Bummer Terry, I was hoping that Excede was working well for you. Is the issue that they think you are using more data than you are and charging accordingly?

I have done signal strength testing (like you talk about) with a yagi and pigtail to an Android phone a long time ago for an install of a cell booster at a government building here in Montana. I'm certain you can't do anything like that with an iPhone without an enclosure of some sort. I'll dig around a little.

One thing we are using for a current project is a unit called an RF Explorer which is a mini, low cost spectrum analyzer. It runs from 15-2700 MHz, which should cover all cellular bands for Verizon. I haven't used it to look for cell service, but theoretically, it should work.

I'll see if I have any directional antennas in that range and try to test it out. Probably won't happen until the end of the week, however. We have a big customer in town starting tomorrow.

Feel free to email or reach out via email if you'd like. I'll try to keep track of this thread also.

Seth