Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Fuck

FUCK!!!!

fucking fuck fuck
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ugh

RIP

Terrible news. They are both an inspiration to me. RIP.

RIP my deepest condolences to the families. So so sad. Love JP and free spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

This is beyond terrible. RIP JP and Andreas, and my deep condolences to those who knew you best and will miss you most.

That seggy in All.I.Can was money. RIP JP and Andreas. May your families and loved ones find peace.

Andreas Fransson and JP Auclair missing in avalanche

God damnit, so sad to see this. JP was and will be one of the most inspirational skiers out there.

RIP, JP and Andreas

Two incredible skiers were lost, vibes to friends and family

Sad sad news, peace to them, friends and family.

This is devastatingly sad news. ++++vibes++++ to their friends and family.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    That seggy in All.I.CAN
    One of the most brilliant skiing segments of all time. Had to watch it over and over.

I cant put into words how I feel right now. A lot of emotions, but my thoughts are with the friends and family.

Some additional information...

http://snowbrains.com/jp-auclair-and...alanche-chile/

It get's worse...Liz Daley has passed as well. What an inspirational life she led. RIP to all 3.

http://www.chaltenhoy.com.ar/noticia...2&id_seccion=1

http://www.lizdaley.us/Liz_Daley/About_Me.html

Andreas Fransson, I'll miss your words and philosophies the most. Your article "Digging Deep" still hangs in my kitchen, where it has hung since I first read it three years ago. You were and will continue to be an inspiration to me in life, training and ski mountaineering. RIP to both you and JP Auclair. My thoughts are with you and your families today.

you're words still reach me :Andreas Fransson, I'll miss your words and philosophies the most. Your article "Digging Deep" still hangs in my kitchen, where it has hung since I first read it three years ago. You were and will continue to be an inspiration to me in life, training and ski mountaineering. RIP to both you and JP Auclair. My thoughts are with you and your families today.

http://andreasfransson.se/2014/02/th...-depth-of-now/

Word after word, situation after situation and feeling after feeling – life goes on like a continuous wave that we can be on top of, under or behind.

I have been writing loads of words this autumn, but I have felt that they (the words) have been for me alone. Isolation from distraction seems like the best healer for my soul, and just letting the words come and the situations happen appears to stitch up the tiredness and those indefinable pieces of my soul that broke this autumn.

Yoga by the rivers of mother Ganges, Canadian and Japanese powder, family holidays, guide courses and an everyday mountain life around the Chamonix Mountains – I feel good now.

I don’t want to dwell, nor do I want to teach. I just have a few tiny concepts that I’ve learnt or maybe relearnt these last months. They have been growing on the side of my thought stream just like moss grows on the old murky logs next to a forest trail.

We have to get on with our lives whatever happens. It sounds so definite, and sometimes we want to respect others by choosing to feel bad, but that is a choice, nothing more and nothing less.

I have during many parts of my life been in incredible pain, and even though I scream like a newborn baby, I just have to deal with it. There is no-where to hide and after a period of screaming the pain seems to fade away to the outskirts of attention and instead comes a peaceful space of nothingness upon this world. It`s like another level of being glued upon this one. Pain can actually make us travel worlds in an instant. The point is no hippie crap (don`t worry, I love hippies), it`s pure subjective science, if in doubt, try it. My point got pushed aside a bit here, because what I’ve learned is that whatever happens we will deal with it. And usually how we deal with it, how we feel and what we think about it is a choice we can learn to make (although the cause and effect is in the reverse order).

The second thing I’ve learnt is that: where we are at this moment is the deepest and most sophisticated, beautiful and incredible place where we can be. We can try to search escapism, and when we are daydreaming, then that’s fine, but where we are is amazing. And if it isn´t, then change the opinion or the situation, both are most often extremely doable.

You can choose to see a friend`s death as something tragic or something beautiful. You can choose to believe what you like on what happen after death. You can choose to create whichever reality you like. So then create a reality that you like!

We create whatever we want and we are totally free to do so. You are free to believe and think whatever you want about this short text. But it would be comically stupid if you created some negative thoughts around it.

An interesting thing to think about is: If it happens to be so that we are able to create our own reality, then the person that believe so and the person that don’t are both right.

During a traumatic experience crystals of life within get crushed and we need to heal. The words used are only lights to lead the way, but the message is subjectively true. We need to rest, we need friends and we need love.

Then comes the dealing with thoughts and creation, and that is where we are dealing with choice, the crossroad of darkness and light.

I’ve learnt a few things the last few months; Life goes on and how we want it to go on is a choice and even if we want to escape, there is no-where to escape so we might as well make right now awesome.

I feel sick, this is awful. Terrible, terrible news.

Just awful news. RIP

This is unbelievable.

Thoughts go out to their families.

R.I.P. Condolences to their friends, family and everyone who knew them. I just re-watched JP's urban segment from All I Can, and it's still my favourite ski movie segment ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1974 View Post
    It get's worse...Liz Daley has passed as well. What an inspirational life she led. RIP to all 3.

http://www.chaltenhoy.com.ar/noticia...2&id_seccion=1

http://www.lizdaley.us/Liz_Daley/About_Me.html
    FUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKK! RIP BettyDee, i'll miss your enthusiasm for life and the outdoors around these parts. Thoughts and prayers to your family, friends and powderherb.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck it does get worse. I wondered why Klar bumped BettyDee's thread.

3 people who I never knew, but who each impacted my life in different ways. Peace be with you.

I can't post a link right now..
    But sounds like Liz Daley has perished in a different incident...
    R I P!!!

Really really sad. I didn't know either of them, but my inspiration certainly did. Both had their own part in my falling more deeply in love with Skiing. I wish the best for their family, and only hope I can keep their spirits alive through my own adventures.

Damn. I loved BettyDee's TRs. Condolences.

I wish I could have met BettyDee. Sad, sad day.

spanish link about the incident in el chalten, not the same as the fransson/auclair incident on san lorenzo.
    http://opisantacruz.com.ar/home/2014...-chalten/23928
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.