Ski specs in table format - Updating for 2015 [gearchive.com]

So I have been working on updating the skis category for 2015. Some of the companies hadn't updated their sites yet so I have to go back and finish. The table-format gives you a pretty easy way to filter, sort, and compare skis. You can quickly access the manufacturer's website via the Mfr Link button and quickly compare prices from a bunch of retailers via the "Shop" link at left (disclosure: affiliate links).
    The site is far from perfect/complete, but I have been putting in a bunch of time so figured I'd share. Initial page load performance has been an issue because there is so much data. But once the page is loaded, all the filtering/sorting is done in the browser/client side.
    I decided to keep 2014 skis (only different model names) active (at the cost of performance) for comparison and shopping. You can filter them out via the Production Years column. I mainly focused on freeride, backcountry, and freestyle skis (for lack of better terms) but other models and brands can be added.
    I would've liked to add surface area, flex, rocker height, edge specs, etc. but the data just wasn't standardized or complete enough. The weights are from the mfr, which is lame, but I'll start measuring and updating as I can. I know I've made mistakes entering in specs, categorizing, etc. Let me tell you, that is some monotonous shit. So if you feel so inclined let me know of mistakes you see or changes you think should be made. Comments can be left on the product detail pages themselves. Thanks for checkin.

td;dr - Ski specs in table-format

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2e1ax_default_entry_Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	158660

Just finished updating Armada, Dynafit, Faction, Fischer, Icelantic, and Kastle. It looks like Surface just updated their site so I'll do them today. There's still a bunch of missing and ambiguous data so I'll be contacting manufacturers to try and clear things up. I'll also start replacing mfr-given weights with actual-measured weights.

Screenshot

Looks like a lot of hard work. Crickets round here though. You'd be better posting it on a ski forum. TGR is all about bikes, politics and padded room.

[you are missing a brand that starts with P]
    Life is not lift served.

It also doesn't allow moving around the table from a mobile device.

And do your 'p' skis count since they are so customizable?

Best collection of information I have seen for comparison.

Would be cool if could make the thumbnails clickable to blow up.

More graphical information like camber/rocker profile would be great, but I am guessing you need the individual company permission to do this.

Adding the flex profiles from the work posted on the board from the folks over in Europe would be outstanding. They have good information,, but your site is more easily searchable.

Any way to indicate which specs are from manufacturer and which are measured/confirmed?

Looks like lots of hard work... kudos.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Thanks for the responses guys.

You'd be better posting it on a ski forum.
    Good call, I'll do that.

It also doesn't allow moving around the table from a mobile device.
    I haven't done a lot of testing with mobile because it's really designed/optimized for desktop. But it does work fine with chrome on any android phone/tablet I have used. What OS, browser, and device are you using?

Would be cool if could make the thumbnails clickable to blow up.
    Absolutely. That's on the "Features to Implement" list

More graphical information like camber/rocker profile would be great
    Yea, I used the mfr profile pics where I could. This would be a matter of taking some good, manual photos. Any registered user can add media (images & videos) to products.

Adding the flex profiles from the work posted on the board from the folks over in Europe would be outstanding.
    I'll check it out, thanks!

Any way to indicate which specs are from manufacturer and which are measured/confirmed?
    At this point everything is from the manufacturer. I'll be updating weights and probably leave a comment on the detail page of the particular ski.

[you are missing a brand that starts with P]
    And do your 'p' skis count since they are so customizable?
    Sorry, I'm slow. PM Gear? I'll add them. There are 100's of mfrs that aren't included. I just had to start somewhere. Once again, anyone can add products... .... ... haha

Once again thanks for the ups and helpful comments. The wet dream is to have a large enough community to where actual product owners can submit content (i.e. measured weights, better pics, etc.).
    Last edited by MontuckyStyle; 10-09-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Us please and we will give you the real. Nice work
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Praxis

Us please and we will give you the real. Nice work
    You can always post products yourself!

Armada Ski Weights Updated

I talked to Dan from Armada and he gave me the measured weights of all the 2015 Armada skis. http://www.gearchive.com/gear/snow-sports/skiing/skis