Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    I ordered the gauntlet gloves when they came on sale. Wanted them for warmth, but figured if I had a gauntlet on I would rather have a mitt. Giving those to my brother. Ordered the short cuff gloves for my step son for Christmas and he really likes them. Of the two styles I prefer the short cuff. Just received the mitts and I am more than pleased. While I did not find the gloves dexterous as fuck, I do find the mitts to be pretty fucking dexterous. for mitts. The tag says "200g of Breathefil insulation (160g property blend, 40g thinsulate)" They feel nice and warm to start.

I received the Shortcuffs in XL the other day and I find the fit right out of the box comparable to a 10 in Hestra. I could maybe have sized down to the 9 palm width wise but then the length would have been too short. I haven't given them a trial run yet but so far I dig them. They seem warm and rather dexterous, not quite as fuck, but not bad at all so far. I like the insulated cuff also. The velcro compresses it down enough that I don't have any issues fitting it under my jacket cuff.

Anyone know if the mitts have finger separation or if it's just one big pocket inside? And I'd like to give my vote to a short cuff mitt. Gauntlets are too much for me.

All three models are excellent

Heyy -- Just got one of each and here are my initial comments. * excellent customer service; all was as ordered and arrived in 2 days.
    * Shortcuffs in XL fit pefectly on my size 10 hand. Note, the cuffs are plenty long. These are true Winter gloves, not Spring time shorties. I expect most skiers will find this cuff adequate for all but the deepest pow.
    * Gaunlets in Xl are true to size. The cuffs are QUITE long -- think of the gaunlet on a welder's glove as opposed to that on the powder gaunlet sold by the competition.
    * The Mitts in L come with a single large pocket without finger separators. Plenty of room in pocket. The thumb area, however, is a bit tight.
    * I ordered the leather treatment and will apply as directed.

Preliminary conclusion: beefy and beautiful ski gear that should last for years. Give them a try.

I ordered a pair of the gauntlets and am eager to have them arrive. I annoyingly forgot to buy the leather treatment, though, and will have to use some of the stuff I have lying around.

They need dummy straps and less insulation in the cuff. I know there's some rationale behind it, but the gauntlet gloves won't fit over (or under) the sleeves of either of my jackets without feeling like I'm wearing a wrist brace. The gauntlet is also too large in diameter to get a pole strap over. Nice gloves, but I sure hope the 15/16 version sees some substantial improvements.

I bought a pair of the short cuff gloves and the mitts. Price is very attractive. Goods arrived pretty quickly and based on a quick exam, they look to be well made with high quality materials. Wore the short cuffs today. My normal gloves are BD Guides when it is cold and usually my hands still get pretty cold. I thought the FTP gloves were warmer and far more dextrous than the Guides. I agree that the cuff is a bit too bulky. I could work it under the cuff of my shell, but it was a struggle. Something more streamlined would definitely help. All in all, I think these are pretty solid for an initial throw and would buy again. Have not worn the mitts yet since CO has decided to be all warm and dry. It does look like their gauntlet is smaller than the one on the BD Guides. Will have to see how they fit over the cuff. Not bothered by the lack of idiot straps. It's early, but pretty satisfied so far.

kept me warm today while occasionally making fists riding the chair. temps were between -5 and 8 American, it wasn't pleasant weather.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoMike View Post
    I bought a pair of the short cuff gloves and the mitts. Price is very attractive. Goods arrived pretty quickly and based on a quick exam, they look to be well made with high quality materials. Wore the short cuffs today. My normal gloves are BD Guides when it is cold and usually my hands still get pretty cold. I thought the FTP gloves were warmer and far more dextrous than the Guides. I agree that the cuff is a bit too bulky. I could work it under the cuff of my shell, but it was a struggle. Something more streamlined would definitely help. All in all, I think these are pretty solid for an initial throw and would buy again. Have not worn the mitts yet since CO has decided to be all warm and dry. It does look like their gauntlet is smaller than the one on the BD Guides. Will have to see how they fit over the cuff. Not bothered by the lack of idiot straps. It's early, but pretty satisfied so far.
    I have 10 or so days on my long cuffs and agree they are much warmer than Guides, which are now my 20°+ gloves. The gauntlet is not as wide as the BD's but they are easily manageable and I'm guessing the mitts are similar to the gloves.

My 13yr old has heard me talk about them and wanted to try them so I ordered her a pair today and couldn't resist getting the mitts for myself with the sale and free shipping. I don't expect them to be as warm as my BD Mercury's but the dexterity has to be better as the BD's are beyond bulky. No idiot strap took some getting used to (I put my own on my Guides) but it's not a big deal after a few days. Looking forward to trying the mitts for the single digit/below 0 days like today's -teens .

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I ordered a pair of the gauntlets and am eager to have them arrive. I annoyingly forgot to buy the leather treatment, though, and will have to use some of the stuff I have lying around.
    My wife was attracted to the "natural-ness" of their leather treatment. Me ... the jury is out on whether it's better/same/worse than Nikwax treatment.

I have the short cuff gloves. In looking at the photos, the gauntlet style appeared to be a bit too bulky for my tastes. These are the first short cuff (non-gauntlet style) gloves I've had in a long time. Takes some getting used to. I'd also like to see them make the gauntlet section a bit less bulky. I'd pick up a pair in a heartbeat.

Cheers,
    Thom

i ordered a pair for my son who works out at Copper,he was very happy with them.i ordered a pair for myself when i saw the 45 dollar special.i am very happy with them myself.though i have only worn them 4 daysi have to say they are warm enough for me in any temps that i will ski in.the first day i skied 4 hours in 4 degree temps with out going in and my hands stayed warm.the other 3 days have been equally cold or colder and my hands stayed warm,,didn't stay out as long because i was coaching a group of 12 and 13 year olds and evey few runs some one had to go in.one day when the temps hit close to 20 they were almost to warm for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    I
    No idiot strap took some getting used to (I put my own on my Guides) but it's not a big deal after a few day.
    After a few days you no longer are concerned about dropping a glove?

I don't have a pair (yet), but I will be looking forward to leashes and a thinner gauntlet.

Today I learned people put the gauntlets under their sleeves.
    Last edited by TomCrac; 03-01-2015 at 03:24 PM.

^

Just needed a few days to get it in my head that I don't have the strap there and need to stash them in my jacket when I take one off.

Why would anyone put the gauntlet under their sleeve, doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Picked up a pair of the shorties for my gf that were too big for her. I tried them on and they fit, snug but fit. I kept them around with plans of sending them back or just in case I wanted to keep them. Grabbed them yesterday on my way out of the door and loved them. Great gloves with my only complaint being the bulky cuff not fitting too well under my coat.

Busted out some scissors and pulled quite a bit of insulation out of the cuff.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1425239709.499586.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	748.5 KB 
ID:	164675

Sewed them back up and now they fit perfect under my jacket. Super easy mod, maybe took twenty minutes over a cup of coffee. Highly recommended for anyone with this issue.

Bomber gloves, warm as hell, great costumer service and a killer deal. Awesome work FTP!

Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't find them any warmer than BD guides. Shorty cuffs are pretty fat and definitely not easy to get under jacket cuffs.
    Regardless I'll wear them shoveling or dog walking or something but I'm resigned to being a mitten guy when it gets really cold.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't find them any warmer than BD guides.
    ...at less than half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't find them any warmer than BD guides. Shorty cuffs are pretty fat and definitely not easy to get under jacket cuffs.
    Regardless I'll wear them shoveling or dog walking or something but I'm resigned to being a mitten guy when it gets really cold.
    I definitely find them considerably warmer than my BD's but just my .02 fwiw. My BD's are now my 20°+ glove.

I also am a mitt guy for single digit and below days (not by choice, raynaud's) and would highly recommend the ftp's. I used them in -10 earlier this week and several other sub zero days, they are every bit as warm as my BD Mercury's without the excessive bulk.

Tried out my new free the pow gloves with the gauntlet this weekend and am very, very pleased. Yesterday was a storm day, around 20 degrees most of the day and my hands never got cold. I've had a pair of BD guides for many years (they have the old C on them) and I really like them, but these are warmer. Wore the save the pows again today, bluebird with a high of 30 and was very comfortable. I think the lack of a waterproof/breathable barrier is a plus, as they breathe better so I don't sweat then cool off from the perspiration. Appear to have a broader temperature range than you would expect given how thick they are. Seem well made, but even if they only last a couple of years they're a bargain.

happy with my gloves so far, they're pretty comparable to my Ultimate Ski Gloves from Marmot, but much much cheaper. And apparently they're a conversation starter, some guy at Mary Jane made a comment about my gloves on Sunday.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Nice gloves, but they are sponges if you get caught in wet snow/rain. My BD guides held up for over an hour in a downpour but these gave up in about 15 minutes and held a ton of water.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Nice gloves, but they are sponges if you get caught in wet snow/rain. My BD guides held up for over an hour in a downpour but these gave up in about 15 minutes and held a ton of water.
    That's obviously the downside of no w/b barrier, but for truly cold weather I think the lack of a w/b barrier is a plus.

Mags,

Thanks again for all your support. We greatly appreciate all the positive comments and your kind emails. The concept of Free the Powder Gloves continues to be a better-priced quality ski glove for serious skiers, like the TGR Community. We have been offering our Factory Seconds with minor discolorations to all who visit our site for $39.99, but we have decided to go even lower this week for TGR forum members. We have a batch of minor discolored Long Cuff Gloves we are offering for $29.99.

http://www.freethepowder.com/product...2015-ski-glove

Hope you all have a great season. Pray for snow!

Free the Powder Gloves

These look like really nice gloves. My Swany's got stolen so maybe I think I'll get a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by freethepowder View Post
    Mags,

Thanks again for all your support. We greatly appreciate all the positive comments and your kind emails. The concept of Free the Powder Gloves continues to be a better-priced quality ski glove for serious skiers, like the TGR Community. We have been offering our Factory Seconds with minor discolorations to all who visit our site for $39.99, but we have decided to go even lower this week for TGR forum members. We have a batch of minor discolored Long Cuff Gloves we are offering for $29.99.

http://www.freethepowder.com/product...2015-ski-glove

Hope you all have a great season. Pray for snow!

Free the Powder Gloves
    Thanks! Go get some great gloves criminally cheap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    These look like really nice gloves. My Swany's got stolen so maybe I think I'll get a pair.
    Don't even think about it, just order. I have the long cuffs and the mitts and they are worth 4x the price easily.

I turned a bunch of friends/family on to them last year and without exception, every one of them loves them. Quality product and owners who take care of mags ftw, props Chase and Shannon.

bumpers for pretty nice product & a steal at the seconds or mag pricing!

this reminds me to freshen up the sno-seal for this season