Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    got mine yesterday, good looking gloves, good fit, impressed. no chubby sausage fingers, no weird padding bunching, solid all around. nice work Free the Powder.

My pair just showed up, they look great, and they shipped quick to MT.

For fit, they are about like BD gloves. The XL is a little tight for me, but I have large hands and usually have to stretch BD XLs a little.

@freethepowder Thanks for making a good glove that doesn't cost as much as used skis!

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I'm tempted by the gloves, but don't really need a pair right now. When the mittens drop later in the year, I'll be picking them up (if they prove to be warm). What I lack now is a good glove for days below 10.
    If the mittens are anything like the gloves, they should be extra toasty. For $39 you can't go wrong, get the gloves. You won't have buyer's remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    I really did not need them as well. Figured i'd give em' a try for $40. My hands freeze on those real cold days. They arrived last night & appear to be real warm. Nice quality. Great service! Thanks guys.
    I didn't think I needed them either; I bought them before the deal and am still happy I did. I like the short gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    I've been loving mine for motorcycling VT dirt roads and trails in cold temps. You need good dexterity to work the clutch and brakes and these are perfect. very warm, and the grip is amazing, Little known fact: they shed mud well. lol.
    !
    Ha ha. I was thinking about ordering a pair for cold winter MTBing. Been using my Hestra VCFs but afraid they'll get too trashed ifź I keep at it. Looks like the no-gauntlets will stand in nicely if they're not too bulky in the palm and fingers.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Just echoing some others that I'd love to see these with a removable liner. My Hestra Army Helis are dead after a lot of days, looking at BD Guides but man they are not cheap. Need removable liner (Whistler weather) and will have to sew on a wrist strap.

Mine were in the mailbox yesterday also. Glad I went with xl's as I was right on the border according to the sizing chart. They look to be very well made and are considerably less bulky than my BD Guides. As others have mentioned, a stoner strap would be a nice addition but I can add one as I did on my BD's so no complaints.

I had an order lined up last week and never hit send so slacking does pay off occasionally. After seeing the quality build on these, I will be definitely be ordering a pair of the mitts when in stock. Props to FTP for the deal and best wishes on growing the biz, plenty of referrals coming your way.

Is anyone else finding the gauntlet to be too thick/bulky? My Hestras fit under the cuff of just about any jacket without too much trouble, but these are a pain to get to go under, and only superheroes wear their gloves over their sleeves.

Ordered a pair of the short cuff vers, and will either keep the longs for spares, or gift them to a family member.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Thanks again for all your support and comments. We greatly appreciate it. We are quickly running out of the Mag Deal spot marked Long Cuff gloves, but plan to offer a spot marked Short Cuff special deal soon.

Free the Powder Gloves

Quote Originally Posted by freethepowder View Post
    Thanks again for all your support and comments. We greatly appreciate it. We are quickly running out of the Mag Deal spot marked Long Cuff gloves, but plan to offer a spot marked Short Cuff special deal soon.

Free the Powder Gloves
    Keep us updated. Some of us are hoping you'll eventually have a spot-marked deal on those swanky looking mittens.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Is anyone else finding the gauntlet to be too thick/bulky? My Hestras fit under the cuff of just about any jacket without too much trouble, but these are a pain to get to go under, and only superheroes wear their gloves over their sleeves.

Ordered a pair of the short cuff vers, and will either keep the longs for spares, or gift them to a family member.
    A little confused, are you saying the short cuff gloves are hard to fit under your jacket sleeves or the gauntlet gloves? I wouldn't expect the gauntlet to fit under a jacket sleeve.

I wear my gloves over the jacket sleeve. Call me Super Fox.

I fondled the gloves for a while, they look nice. I couldnt figure out why they are a blem. Really impressed with the amount of insulation in them. Hoping that they will be as warm as they feel, I have really cold hands. Waiting for the mittens.

Free the Powder Gloves
    Standing by for shorties. Just say the werd. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Standing by for shorties. Just say the werd. Cheers
    X2
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Got my short cuff gloves. They are really nice, seem well made. I got the XL and hope they stretch a bit. These are a step above the GSK/Ganka snowmobile gloves I've been using. Really like the leather reinforcement on the palm/thumb/index it covers up that critical seam where most gloves will wet out.

These are a bargain at $60 compared to any quality name brand.

These fit about the same as a size 11 Hestra HW pro model for me.
    Last edited by AaronWright; 11-11-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

You bought gauntlet gloves to wear under your jacket cuffs? What. The. Fuck. Shorties and Kinco's for under cuff wear and bluebird days, giant gauntlets over the coat for pow days.

All good stuff in this thread. Noice.

A very solid product, will be using them soon.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    You bought gauntlet gloves to wear under your jacket cuffs? What. The. Fuck. Shorties and Kinco's for under cuff wear and bluebird days, giant gauntlets over the coat for pow days.
    It's weird, i know.

Maybe it's an east coast thing, from skiing in the rain, and having water roll down the sleeve and into the glove. Anyway, I got my sleeve over the gauntlet today, and hands were toasty, but if it had rained, I was ready...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Mags,

The whole concept of Free the Powder Gloves is a better priced quality ski glove for serious skiers, like the TGR Community. And after so much support for our Long Cuff Mag Deal, we have decided to offer another discount: we have a limited supply of short cuff gloves that have minor color variations in the leather. We're offering them to TGR Forum members for $39.99. Learn more and see photos at our Short Cuff Mag Deal page.

Thanks again,

Free the Powder Gloves

Ordered long cuff gloves in large.
    I'm typically a mittens man, and would be curious to hear user feedback as their mittens become available.

For now I'll try these gloves for the more dexterous necessities.

Mags,

The whole concept of Free the Powder Gloves is a better priced quality ski glove for serious skiers, like the TGR Community. And after so much support for our Long Cuff Mag Deal, we have decided to offer another discount: we have a limited supply of short cuff gloves that have minor color variations in the leather. We're offering them to TGR Forum members for $39.99. Learn more and see photos at our Short Cuff Mag Deal page.

Thanks again,

Free the Powder Gloves
    Very cool! Now I have a pair of each.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Trigger pulled; gracias!

Order processed!

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread, but where are the gloves actually made? Park City? Overseas?

When I got mine I tried to find where they are made. By law anything made outside of the US must indicate that, but sometimes it is hard to find the tag. I did not see a tag indicating where they were made. If they are made in the US, then I would think it is a real nice selling point. If they are made outside the US I am not calling them out. Expecting that to be the case as almost every piece of clothing like this is made overseas.